Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks EPIC and I don't often use the word "epic" often.

Wow. Footage is great and this thread is filled with viewers.

Looks pretty awesome. Definitely miles better than the first trailer.

Well, holy ****, I am speechless...

The only way this footage looks more expensive than the Thor and Cap footage is simply because there is about a billion more SFX shots in it.

Seriously, you people need to stop this Marvel vs DC crap, it's why comic book fans are still a laughing stock and are derided despite comic book movies being popular.

This has nothing to do with Marvel or DC. But seriously, compare Asgard to Oa. The CGI looks a cut above. Dare I say, epic.

The Abin Sur scene, scary authentic looking.

If anyone has an avvy request feel free to ask me, I'm working on some right now.

This has nothing to do with Marvel or DC. But seriously, compare Asgard to Oa. The CGI looks a cut above.

Yes let's compare the 1.3 seconds of Asgard to the 3 minutes of Oa.

is it ok if I tear up a bit? on a side not the only real unifinished Visual Effects I noticed was Hal's suit.

You can't go a day with out ripping on him. :o

Yea I know though, the same general audience that eats up Michael Bay Cheese fest crap he calls Transformers. I'm sure they won't find it too cheesy. (sarcasm) just in case ;)

That and all oaths sound ridiculous.
:funny: I was ripping at the general audience.

Can you say BLOCKBUSTER?!

I'm not one for making bold predictions. But, I'm feeling pretty confident in saying that these will be the best films of this summer; Super 8, X-Men First Class, Deathly Hallows Part 2, and MUTHAFREAKING GREEN LANTERN!

Don't need a trailer. Don't want a trailer.

I WANT TRILOGY!

The summer is so over....

Eh whatever. I don't think Oa looked *THAT* great and authentic.

This has nothing to do with Marvel or DC. But seriously, compare Asgard to Oa. The CGI looks a cut above. Dare I say, epic.

No, I just looks "bigger" because it's a WHOLE planet.

The Asgard shown in Thors trailer is the city of Asgard, you can hardly compare that to a "planet".

Let's not start being childish...

Yes let's compare the 1.3 seconds of Asgard to the 3 minutes of Oa.

Just the basics here, but a lot of the cosmic element of Thor looks like it is shot in a corridor. The big hammer smash and hammer toss shows this painfully.

Now look at Sinestro in the Amphitheater.

But, seriously, if you don't agree, why do you care so much? Personally, going to watch and hopefully enjoy all three.

Last edited:
They've got my 9 bones. I will admit I slightly teared up a little in one eye when Reynolds growled "Green Lantern's Light!" at the end.

Does anyone have HD youtube link?

I was completely against the movie until now. Maybe it was just the 1st bad trailer, who knows. But this footage...

There's still CG that needs to be finished, but holy God, did this footage kick ass. I'm glad they played it as an extended trailer.

I just consecutively **** ten bricks because of this trailer! :wow::up:

Any chance of the grappling gun footage? :wow:

2yx2a8m.gif

Oa and Asgard both looked fantastic, why compare?

They've got my 9 bones. I will admit I slightly teared up a little in one eye when Reynolds growled "Green Lantern's Light!" at the end.

Same here and when he said it reciting the oath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"