• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hal vs. Parallax:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1106/06/greenlantern6.htm

So they're showing clips of big money shot fight scenes now? Are they really that desperate? They shouldn't be showing clips of the final "boss fight".

Looks pretty cool though.

So they're showing clips of big money shot fight scenes now? Are they really that desperate? They shouldn't be showing clips of the final "boss fight".

Looks pretty cool though.

That's not the climactic scene
(that takes place on Oa).
It was good to show that, though since it gives everybody an idea how his powers look in motion (this is no different than the first Blonsky vs Hulk fight). You can also see how a GL has to think fast on the fly. Great shooting (and timing).

EDIT: Watch the spoilers...

Last edited:
What's desperate about it? There's a lot more to that scene than what the they showed.

I shouldn't have watched that. :csad:

Liked it. And I don't know what Campbell was talking about guys getting thrown around because
Hal definitely got pinballed by Parallax in that scene.

That's not the climactic scene
(that takes place on Oa)
. It was good to show that, though since it gives everybody an idea how his powers look in motion (this is no different than the first Blonsky vs Hulk fight). You can also see how a GL has to think fast on the fly. Great shooting (and timing).

EDIT: Watch the spoilers...

Ahhhh that's cool then. Showing clips to the final fight at this early stage would be a stupid move.

What's desperate about it? There's a lot more to that scene than what the they showed.

Because it's basically spoiling part of the movie.

It's like with when trailers show too many "money shots", then when you get round to watching it, it lessens the impact. For me it does anyway. I want all these awesome moments saved for when I actually watch the movie.

I shouldn't have watched that. :csad:

Liked it. And I don't know what Campbell was talking about guys getting thrown around because

Yea, but I hope we get to see some "dog fighting in space" style action scenes. What Campbell said before sorta worries me that we won't see stuff like that.

Yeah, Moringinstar, if you go by the trailers, there will be a lot of epic and exciting stuff that will be in the film that we haven't seen in it's entirety yet. Once again this is a tease and it is just to show everyone that the film will have some very good action in it.

Because it's basically spoiling part of the movie.

It's like with when trailers show too many "money shots", then when you get round to watching it, it lessens the impact. For me it does anyway. I want all these awesome moments saved for when I actually watch the movie.

I agree but it doesn't bother me too much. I watched a lot of the clips they put out for Dark Knight and it didn't hurt my viewing too much.

Though in this case I kinda wish I hadn't watched that new GL clip.

TDK released the first nine minutes of the film on the internet before opening night. It gave them a chance to debut the criminal genius of Nolans Joker and more than likely helped to give it its record opening weekend.

And I don't know what Campbell was talking about guys getting thrown around because

I was saying much the same a couple weeks ago. Campbell was like "we aren't throwing people around in this movie, it's weird and unbelievable" then the next day there's a tv spot with Hal being slammed into an SUV lol

Anyway great clip and nice to hear this is getting good word of mouth. LOVE the giant springs under the tanker. :up:

Arghhh. I think I'm gonna have to stay off the internet for the next 10 days. Must resist... to watch... that... clip... :(

I was saying much the same a couple weeks ago. Campbell was like "we aren't throwing people around in this movie, it's weird and unbelievable" then the next day there's a tv spot with Hal being slammed into an SUV lol

Anyway great clip and nice to hear this is getting good word of mouth. LOVE the giant springs under the tanker. :up:

I was wondering what the deal was with them in the tv spot.

Arghhh. I think I'm gonna have to stay off the internet for the next 10 days. Must resist... to watch... that... clip... :(

Just don't stare at it. :ninja::D

TDK released the first nine minutes of the film on the internet before opening night. It gave them a chance to debut the criminal genius of Nolans Joker and more than likely helped to give it its record opening weekend.

Eh i doubt that helped it's opening weekend more than the fact it was a film with Joker vs Batman and Ledger passed away. Everyone wants to see Batman take on the Joker. And Ledger's death created a morbid curiosity about the film. Not saying that was the sole reason that it made so much money, but it definitely impacted the massive opening weekend.

I get what you're saying though. But man, I prefer this sorta stuff saved for when I watch the movie. So I get the full impact of the awesomness. I mean, if you can watch scenes like that over and over and over again on the internet, it's gonna lessen the impact.

Its good to see these early good impressions. I hope they continue til the movies' release.

I haven't seen this new clip and I am trying yo be strong to resist watching it. :-)
I also don't see any mode of desperation from them in showing all these clips. Lots of blockbusters put out part of the 'money shot' scenes to get the excitement going ahead. As already mentioned, even TDK had released a bunch of clips prior to its premiere.
I am hoping all this marketing pays off and gets the GA public into the theatres to see GL.

Eh i doubt that helped it's opening weekend more than the fact it was a film with Joker vs Batman and Ledger passed away. Everyone wants to see Batman take on the Joker. And Ledger's death created a morbid curiosity about the film. Not saying that was the sole reason that it made so much money, but it definitely impacted the massive opening weekend.

I get what you're saying though. But man, I prefer this sorta stuff saved for when I watch the movie. So I get the full impact of the awesomness. I mean, if you can watch scenes like that over and over and over again on the internet, it's gonna lessen the impact.

True, reasons like that I wish they wouldn't release so many clips...the temptation is hard to resist.

Can someone please YouTube it for me'?

Did you try the trailer addict link?

True, reasons like that I wish they wouldn't release so many clips...the temptation is hard to resist.

Did you try the trailer addict link?

My computer is down and I'm on mybiphone which doesn't support flash! :(

Damn that was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz