Official Hotties v4.5 Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly Phanboy

LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY
Reaction score
It's time for another restart of our SHH Hottie Tournament so without further delay here are the rules...

Hotties v4.5 Nomination Rules:

To keep things balanced, I've come up with a new nomination format. It may look complicated, but I've tried to keep as many options open for nominating as possible. Hopefully this format should help increase the parity of everybody's vote and also help us avoid ending up with matches that are complete blowouts or worse, matches that nobody is interested in.

PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY; ESPECIALLY RULES (5) through to (9). If anything isn't clear for you, please let me know.

1) This thread will run 7 days and is open to anybody that registered as late as May 2006. The first 5 days will be used to determine who makes the v4.5 tournament and the additional 2 days will be used to sort out startup recommendations. After 7 days I will ask that this thread be closed.

2) The 28 ladies with the most nomination point totals will make the tournament along with all of the first round winners from our v4.0 tournament.

3) All nominees must be 18 years old or older.

4) No posting of nudity, see through or anything that will get this thread deleted.

5) Each person will get a total of TEN votes.

6) FIVE of your ten votes are considered SUGGESTION votes. You can post up to 5 celebrities that haven't been mentioned in the thread before for others to agree to. Suggested nominees can be any celebrity that hasn't appeared in our tournaments or celebrities that have appeared in less than three previous individual matchups. Winners from the first round of the v4.0 tournament are also ineligible for nomination because they are automatically being included in this tournament.

INELIGIBLE LIST DUE TO 3+ APPEARANCES: Jessica Alba, Krista Allen, Kate Beckinsale, Monica Bellucci, Jessica Biel, Angelica Bridges, Charisma Carpenter, Eliza Dushku, Carmen Electra, Shannon Elizabeth, Vida Guerra, Katherine Heigl, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Famke Janssen, Scarlett Johansson, Angelina Jolie, Heidi Klum, Keira Knightley, Kristin Kreuk, Eva Longoria, Eva Mendes, Brittany Murphy, Rebecca Romijn, Shakira, Shannyn Sossamon, Charlize Theron, Susan Ward.

INELIGIBLE DUE TO SPECIAL TOURNAMENT STATUS: Giselle Bundchen, Emmanuelle Chiriqui, Isla Fisher, Soleil Moon Frye, Delta Goodrem, Sarah Harding, Stacy Keibler, Brande Roderick, Elisabeth Rohm, Gloria Santiago, Cheryl Tweedy, Leonor Valera, Veronica Varekova.

Suggesting ladies that were involved in past contests WILL REQUIRE YOU TO USE ADDITIONAL AFFIRMATION VOTES as indicated in sections (8) and (9). All nominees from the v4.0 tournament that never had their matches are considered new celebrities.

7) As well as suggesting up to five ladies, each person gets FIVE added AFFIRMATION/ANTI-AFFIRMATION votes. These votes can be used any way that you see fit. If you feel the need to use all five affirmation votes to give one of your initial picks a total of six affirmation points, that's fine. If you really despise some other nomination and want to waste your five votes on anti-affirming them, that's fine too; the anti-affirmation votes can't eliminate a suggested name entirely though.

Any combination totalling five is allowed.

IMPORTANT - When voting please state how many votes you are using and how many you have remaining when you vote for somebody.

8) As stated above, suggesting ladies that have appeared in at least ONE PREVIOUS TOURNAMENT round will cost you ONE of your five added affirmation votes. The extra vote required for their nomination WILL NOT be added to their vote totals. This penalty is reflected only on the person doing the initial suggestion. Any subsequent nominations of these ladies will be unpenalized.

These women include: Amy Acker, Christina Aguilera, Pamela Anderson, Devon Aoki, Alley Baggett, Tyra Banks, Jillian Barberie, Micha Barton, Halle Berry, Jolene Blalock, Kelly Brook, Brooke Burns, Laetitia Casta, Penelope Cruz, Brittany Daniel, Hilary Duff, Jennifer Ellison, Nancy Ermina, Fergie, Maggie Grace, Ashley Hartman, Christy Hemme, Kelly Hu, Mia Kirshner, Anna Kournikova, Mila Kunis, Amy Lee, Jeanette Lee, Sheena Lee, Evangeline Lilly, Vanessa Marcil, Monet Mazur, Rachel McAdams, Candice Michelle, Christina Milian, Sheri Moon, Rachel Nichols, Geena Lee Nolin, Danica Patrick, Natalie Portman, Laura Prepon, Aishwarya Rai, Tara Reid, Roselyn Sanchez, Jessica Simpson, Tiffani Thiessan, Rachel True, Gabrielle Union, Patricia Vonne, Morgan Webb, Olivia Wilde.

9) Nominating ladies that have appeared in at least TWO PREVIOUS rounds will cost you TWO of your five added affirmation votes. The two extra votes required for their nomination WILL NOT be added to their vote totals. This penalty is reflected only on the person doing the initial suggestion. Any subsequent nominations of these ladies will be unpenalized.

These women include: Catherine Bell, Jaime Bergman, Beyonce, Rachel Bilson, Brooke Burke, Kelly Carlson, Elisha Cuthbert, Stacey Dash, Rosario Dawson. Erica Durance, Heather Graham, Salma Hayek, Elizabeth Hurley, Adriana Lima, Lindsey Lohan, Natassia Malthe, Kelly Monaco, Mandy Moore, Grace Park, Jaime Pressly, Kim Smith, Aisha Tyler, Sophia Vergara, Estella Warren.

10) Suggesting or affirming contestants is just one part of the process. Including at least one good picture is advised if you want your selection to get any further votes. Post as many pics as you want but try to keep them less than 800 pixels in width. Please also try to avoid using hotlinked pictures. Using your own Photobucket/Imageshack account to host pictures is highly recommended.

If you don't know how to do this, send me a PM and I'll help you out.

11) Once the vote tally is completed and 28 tournament contestants are decided, if you have any matchups that you would like to see, please feel free to post your suggestion in this nomination thread.

Got all that? :):up:

Here are my first four nominees:

Barbara Mori - 28 Actress

Barbara_Mori.jpg

Diane Kruger - 30 Actress

dianekruger4dr.jpg

Bar Refaeli - 21 Model (also Leonardo DiCaprio's gf)

35.jpg

and using an extra nomination vote to bring back Halle Berry - 39 Actress

HalleBerry21.jpg

Leaving me with 1 more suggestion and 4 nomination votes left.

I hope im not the only one that found this incredibly complicated for a hotties tourny:(

Anyway ive got 5 picks to come but i need to find pics

hunter rider said:
I hope im not the only one that found this incredibly complicated for a hotties tourny:(

No youre not, im just going to keep saying names until I cant remember anyone.

hunter rider said:

What don't you understand, hunter?

Philly Phanboy said:
What don't you understand, hunter?

I think i got it i was just saying it seems very layered for a hottie tourny,no problem though:)

Just to clarify,if i pick Catherine Bell she is exempt from needing a nomination point right ?

Alyson Hannigan

Thalia

Avril Lavigne

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Naomi Watts

Leaving me with 0 more suggestion and 5 nomination votes left

hunter rider said:
I think i got it i was just saying it seems very layered for a hottie tourny,no problem though:)

Just to clarify,if i pick Catherine Bell she is exempt from needing a nomination point right ?

Picking her will leave you with 4 more ladies that you can suggest and dropping you to 3 votes that you can use to nominate other people's girls with.

In other words, with your initial 10 votes you're using 3 votes to give her just one vote, but at least put her back into contention.

Philly Phanboy said:
Picking her will leave you with 4 more ladies that you can suggest and dropping you to 3 votes that you can use to nominate other people's girls with.

In other words, with your initial 10 votes you're using 3 votes to give her just one vote, but at least put her back into contention.

Oh right got it,thanks,i misread the first post,so if i put her back in other ppl can second my vote without using their nimination points right ?

hunter rider said:
Oh right got it,thanks,i misread the first post,so if i put her back in other ppl can second my vote without using their nimination points right ?

Everybody else can support her by using any of their five nomination votes - without any penalty.

If it helps, just think of the new rules as a 10 vote cap on everybody and to bring old contestants back, you are paying a one time penalty.

Maximum_Carnage said:
I'd second her if it were just about this one picture, since it looks pretty great, but she never really looks that great the rest of the time. I'll second miss Watts though.

Wilhelm's lip-radar is going CRAZY right now.

That woman looks like Arnold.

Calvin said:
That woman looks like Arnold.
That is not a woman. I don't care what its anatomy says.

Also, Incrediblejeff, it might be showing a bit too much right tit for this place.

I nominate that incrediblejeff not be allowed to participate.

I nominate...
The Overstock.com woman
sabine.jpg

especially when she wears those pig tails....
grrr...

Alright, since we're picking dark horse choices, I'll nominate Olya Koryagina.

untitled5jc7.jpg

image1234wg4.jpg

untitled33qo3.jpg
snapshot20060717121733uu8.png

1147687165jr6.jpg

570b60aa448egp1.jpg

sweet lord, you need to get over this chick. shes attractive, but she aint the worlds best. each to his/her own i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"