Official Marvel Universe on TV Thread

though like i pointed out above right now the punisher show is only in pre production/script stage. For all we know this concept could be dropped after a few drafts of the pilot. Or could only be a plot point to play off in the pilot/first few episodes. Then frank becomes his regular self and isnt a cop any more. So we really shouldnt diss things this soon. Heck we dont even know if it will even go to pilot just yet.

What do you think of a SHIELD show. maybe a bit like 24, with one or a group of agents having to deal with a threat over the season?

Some more Jessica Jones info:
http://www.iamrogue.com/news/movie-...elissa-rosenberg-talks-aka-jessica-jones.html
EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg talks 'AKA Jessica Jones'
Wednesday, 09 November 2011 17:36
Written by Jami Philbrick
Add new comment
Rate this item12345(1 Vote)

Ever since Walt Disney Studios acquired Marvel Comics in 2009 fans have been wondering just what the studio has planned for “The House of Ideas” vast catalog of characters and material. We know that they plan to continue what Marvel Studios began doing on the big screen in 2008 with Iron Man, which will culminate with next summer’s highly anticipated superhero team-up movie The Avengers, but what about on the small screen? Disney does own ABC after all and there has not been a live-action TV series based on a Marvel property on network television since The Incredible Hulk starring Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno in the late ‘70s. But that could all change soon as it was announced last year that Twilight screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg would write and executive produce a pilot for ABC based on the extremely popular Marvel comic book series "Alias" by Brian Michael Bendis.
"Alias," which will be re-titled AKA Jessica Jones for TV, tells the story of Jessica Jones (“Jewel”), a former superhero who gave up costumed crime fighting to become a private detective. While Rosenberg’s biggest success has come from penning the entire Twilight film series, she’s no stranger to writing for television as she’s a former writer and executive producer of Dexter. She is even familiar with writing comic book adapted material having penned several episodes of the Batgirl inspired series Birds of Prey. I recently had a chance to speak with screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg about the status of AKA Jessica Jones while she was out promoting The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1, which will be in theaters on November 18th.

I began by asking the screenwriter about the project and she said that while it was still in the works, “we won’t be using the same title for obvious reasons.” She is of course referring to the popular J.J. Abrams spy series of the same name that ran on ABC from 2001-2006. I then reminded Rosenberg that since the network owns the old series they could probably legally use the same name. “That’s true,” she laughed. “Maybe we can get Jennifer Garner?”
“Brian Michael Bendis is such an amazing storyteller,” she continued. “I read that comic book and I completely saw it on screen. There are things I took directly from the comic book and just put in the script. That was so much fun to do.” I followed up by asking Rosenberg about the current status of the project. “ It’s still sitting at ABC and we’re hoping to get on the schedule for next fall,” she said. “I love this character. That is an incredibly damaged, dark, complex female character that kicks ass. That’s my favorite thing about it.”

I also asked Rosenberg if the series would be similar to Bendis’ comic and if Jones will still be a former superhero turned private detective. “Yeah absolutely, but Jessica Jones is actually a former superhero with PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,” she explained. “My psychologist father-in-law said, ‘I don’t know why all superheroes aren’t PTSD.’ It’s a trip. So she is wrestling with having this damaged past and still trying to contribute something to the world.”
In the Marvel Universe, Jessica Jones is married to Marvel bad-boy Luke Cage and the two eventually have a child together. There have been rumors for years that Marvel was working on a feature film about the hero-for-hire starring Tyrese Gibson (Fast Five) in the title role and when we spoke to him earlier this year he was optimistic that the film would still happen. So I asked Rosenberg if Cage would be included in the series. “Luke Cage is in there. Absolutely, I love that character,” she confirmed. I followed up and asked if she thought Jones and Cage’s child, Danielle, could eventually be introduced in the series. “That would be way down the road,” she answered. “When you give your superheroes babies it gets very complicated. I went through that on Dexter, although it gives you some new interesting storytelling.”

Finally, I asked Rosenberg if she is a fan of comic books and the comic book genre in general. “I don’t read a lot of them (comic books). ABC gave that one to me and I had never heard of it or Brian Michael Bendis. But now I’m a fan, he is really so great. But I was new to it for sure.”
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 opens in theaters on November 18th.
AKA Jessica Jones is currently in development at ABC.

What do you think of a SHIELD show. maybe a bit like 24, with one or a group of agents having to deal with a threat over the season?

The question is to use the Ultimate version, 616 version or a combination of both like seen in most Marvel animation shows recently for Nick Fury and how SHIELD is portrayed?

More info on Jessica Jones:

Twilight screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg reveals that ABC's "AKA Jessica Jones, will use lesser known Marvel characters, and might have to rename others.

"I wrote it kind of off season so it fell in between seasons," Rosenberg says. "So, we are waiting to see what happens for the upcoming season now and our hope is that it will come to life at that time. It fell between the cracks of the seasons and, hopefully, this will be the one."

Rosenberg confirmed the show would also have principal parts for Luke Cage (also known as Power Man and her eventual husband in the comics) as well as Carol Danvers (better known as Ms. Marvel).

"I had Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and Carol Danvers [for the pilot script]. Basically, I wanted those three guys -- then I would have a series. Everyone else we can be digging into lesser known characters or taking known characters and renaming them."

As for The Avengers themselves, Rosenberg says she can reference them, but Tony Stark and Stark Industries are in the current pilot script. Rosenberg notes, "As we go along things will alter in terms of what is made available to us, but we're definitely in that universe. We are in no way denying that that universe exists. And as much as I can I'm going to pull everything in from there that I can use.

So, I know people are still sore over the supposed storyline in the pilot, but any casting ideas for Frank Castle?

I saw someone mention Dominic Purcell from Prison Break and I thought that was brilliant.

He could work, though counts on if they want him younger looking or older cause that would be the difference in casting.

I couldn't be happier that Marvel live action TV series are being made. Another dream come true. :up:

I want a Tomb of Dracula series. :o:up:

With Marvel owned by Disney now, I'm surprised Power Pack hasn't come up as a possible show. It sounds like just the kind of family-friendly superhero thing that Disney might cook up without Marvel's input.

Who wants to bet that Loeb's answer when asked about the future of Marvel TV at SDCC will be the same ****ing answer he's given since most of these projects were announced. Seriously, I will be legitimately surprised if he has any new info whatsoever.

What does he normally say?

I want to see them do the idea they talked about with their live action TV shows, and have characters cross over back and forth. Have Jessica Jones meet Ms. Marvel who then pops up in the Avengers. Or have Mocking Bird team up with Hawkeye. Stuff like that. Expand the Movie universe into the TV shows too.

I hope he gets ripped apart by people for cancelling Avengers cartoon.

Apparently he didn't say a word about any live action TV today.

Why am I not surprised? :o

I've long thought of one hero that could do well on TV, and that's Daredevil. Especially in this day of popular law/cop shows. Matt Murdock of course being a lawyer who breaks the law as a vigilante.

I would dig it.

Marvel/Disney crossover:
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/07/disney-marvel-phineas-ferb-crossover/
The First Marvel/Disney Crossover Revealed

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Now it has. Hit the jump to find out what Dinsey and Marvel properties will be crossing paths... JredTheRed - 7/14/2012

Three years ago Disney bought Marvel. We all knew then that it was only a matter of time before properties of each would cross paths. The inevetaible has finnally happened. Wired.com has revealed that Disney's Phineas and Ferb will be the show to do that.

Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel will premiere next summer on the Disney Channel. It will see the likes of classic Marvel heroes Hulk, Ironman, Spider-Man, and Thor being transported to the world of Phineas and Ferb and immobilized by Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Therefore, Phineas, Ferb and Agent P will have to fight Marvel villains such as Red Skull, Whiplash, Venom, and M.O.D.O.K., that will be working with Dr. Doofenshmirtz to create total chaos.
disneymarvel-660x439.jpg

Deadline:
ABC And Marvel Eying ‘Avengers’-Themed TV Series
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: After scoring huge at the box-office with its Avengers movie, Marvel is looking to explore the mythology on the small screen too. I’ve learned that Marvel’s TV division is in conversation with ABC and ABC Studios about doing a drama series in the Avengers world. I hear that the the connection to the Avengers franchise would be light as the project is expected to be set in the universe and feature some of its themes and feel but may not include any characters from Joss Whedon’s blockbuster. I hear the project is in a nascent stage, described as “a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios explored, including a high-concept cop show. Marvel has already given the Avengers the animated treatment with Disney XD’s The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Avengers Assemble.

Establishing a primetime foothold has been a priority for Disney-owned Marvel. The company has developed several projects for ABC Studios over the last couple of years, one of which, a Hulk series, is still in the works. Search is under way for a new writer to pen the project.
Hulk. SHIELD. Jessica Jones.... Do it all. :o:up:

I've been saying for years that Marvel and DC both need to concentrate more financial resources on developing tv series. Tv is where it's at nowadays.

but DC have been producing TV series for the past few decades. Currently 1 ordered for a series and 2 under serious development. As told by CW president, deadman isnt dead yet even after arrow being ordered. Also Booster Gold is included in Syfy's plans for development just recently when Syfy announced its projects under development.
Then ofcourse theres the Aquaman and WW which got a pilot and BOP which got 1 season.
I would like to see marvel actually producing a pilot for once. For the past few decades, only thing we got was 1 season of blade. Prior to that, the last time we got anything was hulk in the 80s.
But for f*** sake, stop doing the whole cinematic universe. What the hell is the point of being in a cinematic universe when none of the main cast would be in the TV show. Also, the idea of high concept cop show just doesn't work in a cinematic universe. Plus if its produced by ABC, we're pretty much going to be get another Desperate Housewives/ Greys Anatomy kinda show, this time, in marvel cinematic universe. lame. Just sell their rights to fox or universal tv and let them do a tv show not in the same universe with all the c-listers.

Nah, that'll never happen :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"