J.J. Abrams' Contraband on HBO

Man in the Suit

We're the Ones Who Live
Reaction score
New J.J. Abrams Sci-Fi Drama Series Demimonde Sparks Heated Bidding War Between HBO and Apple
TVLine has learned that HBO and Apple are currently embroiled in a heated bidding war for Demimonde, an ambitious new series from J.J. Abrams. Written and possibly directed by the Felicity/Lost/Fringe vet himself, the project — titled Demimonde — is being billed as a big-budget sci-fi family drama about a world’s battle against a monstrous, oppressive force.

Demimonde
is expected to find a home by week’s end, with either HBO or Apple prepared to order the project straight to series.

Demimonde
is noteworthy because it would mark the first series created and written solely by Abrams in a decade (since Fringe).

Reps for HBO, Apple and Warner Bros. (where Abrams’ Bad Robot is based) declined to comment.
J.J. Abrams Shopping TV Space Drama Script (Exclusive)
The prolific writer, producer and director is shopping a space-set spec script that, should it go to series, would be the first show he wrote and created since Fringe in 2008. Sources say Apple and HBO — where Abrams serves as an EP on Westworld — are both in the running for the untitled drama, with producers Warner Bros. Television also open to additional bidders as the project is still being shopped. Warners, Apple and HBO all declined comment.

Sources say the Abrams drama is about a family — consisting of a mother who works as a scientist, her husband and their young daughter — who all get into a terrible car crash. After the mother winds up in a coma, her daughter begins digging through her experiments in the basement and winds up transporting to another land amid a world's battle against a monstrous, oppressive force. Her father then follows her into this new world.

HBO is by far the better place for it.

It sounds interesting and vaguely reminds me of a show called Otherworld.
I have no idea why I even remember a show from the 80's that only had 8 episodes.;)

I thought this was the film section and that this was another not Cloverfield project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"