• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario Kart 7, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, Mario Tennis, Super Mario.

Thanks for the reply. Is Super Mario referring to any of them or a specific game? I played a short demo of SM2 and it was pretty cool. Mario 3D land looks friggin epic though...haven't had a chance to play it yet.

You might want to look into Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars if you like Advanced Wars. I haven't played it, but from what I gather it seems to be underrated gem.

Thanks for the reply. Is Super Mario referring to any of them or a specific game? I played a short demo of SM2 and it was pretty cool. Mario 3D land looks friggin epic though...haven't had a chance to play it yet.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 has a lot of playability, if you're social (and your friends have the game and 3DS'). But the standalone game is rather boring, and not all that long. I was rather underwhelmed by it overall. But I'm not a social gamer. And 3D Land raised the bar, which brings me to...

Mario 3D Land. The main game is a lot longer, fresh design (whole new game engine), and has much more depth. But, it has no multiplayer. However it's a pretty long game (with 96 levels). So, it'll keep you busy.

I'd say definitely get Mario 3D Land. Or Mario Kart 7.

Last edited:
You might want to look into Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars if you like Advanced Wars. I haven't played it, but from what I gather it seems to be underrated gem.

Yeah, I read a review and it didn't seem to be very impressive. I'll check out some gameplay vids though...thanks.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 has a lot of playability, if you're social (and your friends have the game and 3DS'). But the standalone game is rather boring, and not all that long. I was rather underwhelmed by it overall. But I'm not a social gamer. And 3D Land raised the bar, which brings me to...

Mario 3D Land. The main game is a lot longer, fresh design (whole new game engine), and has much more depth. But, it has no multiplayer. However it's a pretty long game (with 96 levels). So, it'll keep you busy.

I'd say definitely get Mario 3D Land. Or Mario Kart 7.

I really don't have any friends with a 3DS so being a social gamer isn't much of an option for me anyway. So, thanks for the heads up about SMB2. I think Mario Land will probably be the better fit for me. I mean, wow, 96 levels...that's quite a number.

Oh and there's quite a learning curve in the special world (there's 8 special worlds, with special bosses). And a insanely tough extra secret level (you have to unlock / collect everything to unlock it).

New Super Mario Bros 2. is rather uninspired, and downright mediocre by Mario standards playing solo.

So yeah, Mario Land 3D is definitely what you should get out of the two then.

Or, again Mario Kart 7 (great game as well). But if you want a platformer, Mario 3D Land hands down.

The lack of Kid Icarus: Uprising as a suggestion highly upsets me :argh:

Oh and there's quite a learning curve in the special world (there's 8 special worlds, with special bosses). And a insanely tough extra secret level (you have to unlock / collect everything to unlock it).

New Super Mario Bros 2. is rather uninspired, and downright mediocre by Mario standards playing solo.

So yeah, Mario Land 3D is definitely what you should get out of the two then.

Or, again Mario Kart 7 (great game as well). But if you want a platformer, Mario 3D Land hands down.

Thanks again, man. I think you have me sold on ML3D :yay:

I agree that it's upsetting that KI was not mentioned or suggested however it means little since I already own the game :woot:

Good luck unlocking the super secret level. That's the easy part. Beating it, is the hard part.

I've been meaning to get that one.

Best 5 games, are as follows

Ocarina of Time (best game ever made, so it's not really fair)
Super Mario Land 3D
Mario Kart 7
Star Fox 64
Resident Evil: Revelations

Of all 7 titles I own, that is.

I finally decided to pick up a 3DS. Got the orignal, not the XL, and a copy of 3D Land. Also picked up Pushmo, Super Mario Bros., and Legend of Zelda off of the eShop. I have no idea how many times I have bought the original Super Mario bros. but it's so hard to resist.

The only other things on my radar right now (that are out) are a few more eShop games (Links Awakening, Super Mario Land, Punch Out! Kirdy's Adventure, Metroid), Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario, and Epic Mickey are definitely on the list too when they come out.

I game tested with the 3DS for awhile over the last two years so I'm used to the system as a thing, but it will be nice to use it normally. Anyone want to exchange friend codes?

Last edited:
Oddly...I never once thought about putting my 3DS code up here... haha. Give me a few moments here and I'll put it up.

Just bought Mutant Mudds off of the eshop. Definitely the best 3D the system has to offer, I think, looks fantastic.

If I had one, I would.

There's going to be a NoA 3DS-focused Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning. Hopefully they announce some new colors.

Just finished the first 8 worlds in 3D Land. A really fantastic game so far, probably one of the best Mario games in a while. Loved how they re-invented the classic Bowser bridge battles from the original game. Also really enjoyed how much this feels likes a sequel to SMB3. It's a shame that Nintendo keeps tossing out 'New Super Mario' games and not banking more on these unique titles. Hopefully they'll make a sequel.

Looking forward to starting up the secret worlds now and going back to get all the coins. :up:

Last edited:
Please Nintendo, make this game:

6380430495_d5bc9822c2_b.jpg

I want it so bad. :[

Wow. A visual style like that would feel so fresh! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"