official POSEIDON thread

Excel

O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
Reaction score
watch the trailer. this will be THE disaster flick of 2006.

anything and everything on wolfgang petersens upcoming action adventure remake about a luxury ocean liner capsized at midnght on new years eve by an immense tidal wave and it tells the story of the people inside fighting to survive in the submerged vessel. kurt russel, josh lucas, emmy rossum, even fergie in the black eyed peas star. its released may 12th opposite lindsay lohans newest bomb just my luck.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10279

http://imdb.com/title/tt0409182/

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/tickermaster/listing.cfm?TMID=2197

i for one am really looking forward to this.

Also there seems to be some bad buzz for this that i dont understand, the trailer looks good, and the fx and action looks great.i think this will be mays highest grossing film outside of da vinci and its a wolfgang petersenn film. itll be good and itll be a hype machine.

Whos playing Gene Hackmans character?

And will he die in the most kickass manner of his predecessor.

they changed the character-hes a mayor instead of a reverend now, i believe. its kurt russell.

**** this movie...Give me Gene Hackman and Ernest Borgnine any day.

Its Wolfgang Peterson, this will mostly likely be hyped to death and then suck major balls.

I tells ya, it shoulda been a space movie, with the Poseidon knocked for a loop by a supernova that f***s the whole ship up, and half the crew and passengers getting sucked out of the airlocks before the safety protocols come back online.

I saw the original for the first time 2 months ago. My aunt made me watch it. After watching it I immediately had a feeling that there would be a remake to this movie...and soon enough, the next day the remake was announced. It was wierd.

bump. its spared mi3s box office life and has been moved back to may 12.

Excel said:
they changed the character-hes a mayor instead of a reverend now, i believe. its kurt russell.
A mayor? That's another one of those unneccesary changes that Hollywood like to through out there just to differentiate from the original. Hackman owns.:cool:

^yeah yeah i know. but i doubt itll matter .richard dreyfuss is in it to,as a gay guy.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21128

POSEIDON ADVENTURE Onset Reports Begin!

Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...

Warner Bros. is trying something a little different with the way they’re handling press visits to the set of the currently-shooting POSEIDON ADVENTURE. I’ll let them explain it:

Warner Bros’ upcoming summer blockbuster Poseidon is currently in production. Wolfgang Petersen, best known for Troy, The Perfect Storm, Air Force One, and Das Boot, directs an ensemble cast including Richard Dreyfuss, Kurt Russell, Emmy Rossum, Mike Vogel, Josh Lucas, Mia Maestro, Freddy Rodriguez, Kevin Dillon, Jacinda Barrett, Jimmy Bennett, and Andre Braugher. Websites will have the opportunity to visit the set and get a behind-the scenes look at the making of the film. They will take part in an online journal documenting the making of the film in a way that has never been done before. One site a week will visit the set for part of a day. While there they will interview one or two cast and/or crew members. Each site will have exclusive content and coverage that is unique to them. Shortly thereafter they will post their set visit report on their site. Their report will also include links to the previous and next week’s journal entries, so readers will be able to follow a sort of chain of entries across the internet. All of the reports will eventually be aggregated and archived on the official Poseidon website.

One of those weeks, it’ll be us onset, but to kick things off, Warner Bros. invited Movieweb to sit down with Emmy Rossum and to tour several of the sets. They’ve even got video to go with the report.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!!

We’ll update each week as other sites take their turn with the set visits, leading up to our peek sometime in October.

one last blurb before im out for a while-this film has black eyedpeas star FERGIE in it as the singer. also appearently, vogel and rossum are secretly engaged, cauie rossums dad russel wouldnt like it, so we prob. expect an armageddon esque ending here. this should be a big fun film though. later.

joblos got the new visit up...this film looks like its going to be very impressive. it also looks x3 might need a new release, as joblo reports wb want this out on memorial day ala day after tomorrow. also, some new stills.

the ship-

poseidon_prod_2.jpg

number 2-the ships lobby..................UPSIDE DOWN!

poseidon_prod_1.jpg

This movie is going to rock because Kevin Dillon aka Johnny Drama is in it. VICTORY!!!!!

Its going to be another inferior remake, and another over-budgeted disappointment from Wolfgang Petersen.

BET on it.

TheVileOne said:
Its going to be another inferior remake, and another over-budgeted disappointment from Wolfgang Petersen.

BET on it.

Maybe they'll put some teen angst and romance in for you Vile;)
Great pic of the Ship Excel:up:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21268

More POSEIDON ADVENTURE Journal Chapters Online Now!!

Hi, everyone. Moriarty here with some Rumblings From The Lab...

Somehow, in my travel this past week, I missed the link to Chapter 2 of the POSEIDON ADVENTURE online journal. I know this isn’t radically different than what KING KONG or SUPERMAN have been doing, but the odd part is how different sites are hosting each of the chapters. For example, if you want to find Chapter 2, you’d follow this link, which will take you to JoBlo.com’s coverage.

And now, thanks to Warner Bros., we’ve got a link to Chapter 3, which is hosted by FreezeDriedMovies.com. We’ll be visiting the set ourselves towards the end of these, and until then, you can check out all the good work being done by these other sites.

ok so here it is. pre wave-hitting:

poseidon2.jpg

poseidon_prod_1.jpg

i think the talk of it being rated r is bull....w.b. saw what troys r rating did to it in the u.s. that said, i love how entusiastic every site that goes there seems to be.

no....its one of the most expensive ever made,actully. budget is 150 mill.

Excel said:
i dont know if its called THE PESEIDON ADVENTURE-like the book and original movie-but the link below refers to it as "poseidon".

wha...? both the book and the original movie were called 'The Poseidon Adventure', as in the greek god of the sea.

hunter rider said:
Maybe they'll put some teen angst and romance in for you Vile;)
Great pic of the Ship Excel:up:

Whatever. In not that long of time we will have plenty of posts talking about how lame, stupid, and disappointing this movie is.

TheVileOne said:
Whatever. In not that long of time we will have plenty of posts talking about how lame, stupid, and disappointing this movie is.

LOL i thought you had decided to ignore this thread your reply was so long in coming:)
I think it will be good,the opriginal was a great concept but thats about it they have te effects to follow through now

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"