Superman Returns Questions to The Superman Returns team

M.E.H.Z.E.B

Banned Usèr
Reaction score
My Editor has asked me to do a piece on Superman Returns for our newspaper (www.manabzamin.net) its the largest circulated Bengali tabloid Daily in the world. During my quest for truth, justice, and the secrets of Superman Returns, I may have a brief interview session with the production team. It could very well include, Bryan Singer, and Brandon Routh. So, if you guys have any questions (valid, please) you may post it here, and I will include it in my interview.

Go ahead. I'm all ears :)

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
I don't get it.

You call yourself a S:TM fan? Shame on you MEHZ....Shame on you.

Anyway, I'll think up some questions tomorrow....I'm tired and it's late.

Pickle-El said:
You call yourself a S:TM fan? Shame on you MEHZ....Shame on you.

Anyway, I'll think up some questions tomorrow....I'm tired and it's late.

Sorry. In kind of a jam at the moment. I've got my exams, my job, it's just been really really hectic.

I'm looking forward to your input :)

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Sorry. In kind of a jam at the moment. I've got my exams, my job, it's just been really really hectic.

I'm looking forward to your input :)

To Bryan Singer:

Why a sequel to a 30 year old movie?

Don't write it off so fast, it is a valid question and could answer a lot of questions and give a lot of insight.

Matt said:
To Bryan Singer:

Don't write it off so fast, it is a valid question and could answer a lot of questions and give a lot of insight.

Thanks for the input Matt. It's a valid question indeed. Will surely ask it. :up:

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Thanks for the input Matt. It's a valid question indeed. Will surely ask it. :up:

Cheers :up:

Ask him why they put the kid in the story.

Topdawg said:
Ask him why they put the kid in the story.

We know answer. The kid is something new in Lois and Clrk's relationships. It is also next challenge for Superman.

Recent superhero movies such as the Spiderman 1 & 2 and Batman Begins feature villians that provide a physical challenge to the hero. What was your thought process on bringing back Superman's nemesis Lex Luthor, who doesn't have the ability to engage in physical combat with Superman?

Showtime029 said:
Recent superhero movies such as the Spiderman 1 & 2 and Batman Begins feature villians that provide a physical challenge to the hero. What was your thought process on bringing back Superman's nemesis Lex Luthor, who doesn't have the ability to engage in physical combat with Superman?

Good question, my friend :up:

Are you planning to do a returns trilogy?

Please end the debate right now. who is the father of Jason Lane?

for the production team: what was the toughest part of working on the movie? what was the funnest part?

for Singer (if you interview him): any chance of us seeing a Superman sequel shot with James Cameron's latest 3d cinema technology?

for Routh: how much muscle weight did you gain to play the role and would you be disappointed if you didn't land any other big Hollywood roles?

Matt said:
To Bryan Singer:

I think he answered that in the Documentary Trailer. Something along the lines "respecting the fact that the Richard Donner Movie is such a Classic to most People etc

what about the shcedule for the promotion of the movie, which places r they going(latin america)? i suppose not Argentina hehe maybe Brazil..

to Brandon: Have you seen that your face is on a wall of a french subway?? i suppose that´s something really weird, now that the promotion of the movie it´s full power, i mean your face everywhere, people talking about the movie and you, how do u feel right now?
I know that chemistry it suppose to be something that it´s natural and if u have it with another person it has to be right away, but, to improve that, and people can realize just seen u on camera with Kate, wich was the process to improve that natural chemistry(as they said in several interviews) even more to make it really noticeable, if there was needed to do.
to Bryan: wich is your opinion about the industry, and what about the foreing movies, where do u see progress outside of Hollywood?
I have a feeling that this movie could get nominations for the oscars, the big ones, director, movie, supporting actor, fx, cinemtography, etc
what do you think about the academy? is it fair nowadays?

damn i have tons but my writing in english just sucks, if it´s not a problem i´ll continue posting some questions that i have, i don´t know if they r goin to work for you, sorry. When r u suppose to do it?

What persuaded you to take the direction you took with the movie?

For Singer:

- What part of the production are you the most proudest of?

- Are there any boundaries you would like to push if you were to do a sequal that you could not do in this movie? I.e. special effects, characters, villains?

- Have you ever tried on the suit?

For Routh:

- If you could have any of Superman's powers, which one would it be?

- Did you have any scares on the flying rigs?

- Do you get to keep a suit?

1.) (for costuming) -- if and when there would be a sequel to SR, do they have any plans of "tweaking" or updating hte current costume to reflect more of what the current comic book versions show (straighter neckline, larger shield)

2.) (for VFX) -- how much of CG Routh/ Superman was used in the movie (MEHZ, give an example of CG Spiderman being 50% of the time in their movie)

3.) who were the VFX houses that worked on the post-production for SR?

i'll try to think of some more later....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"