Official WonderCon thread, aka help me to NOT kill Dan DiDio

The voice acting in New Frontier was excellent. Though I can't wait to hear Keri Russell as Wonder Woman.

ZOMG SHT IN A CAN ON A HORSE, I TALKED TO SUMMER GLAU. Not just "basked in the glory of," like last year with Fillion, but I actually TALKED TO HER. I got to ask her questions and there was much laughter and merriment. TEHEHEHEHEHEHEauithjtauh I CAN DIE NOW I'M ALL DONE.

LOUD_SILENT_MAN said:
Boreanaz is great. This is your punishment for saying otherwise...
I don't know if you've played the first Buffy X-Box game, but I'm just going to assume not;). Boreanaz voiced Angel in there, and it was a thing of pain.

He does alright as Hal, I suppose. 'Course, our sound quality wasn't the greatest -- it was broadcast in a bigass auditorium and the echo was not so much an echo as a roar -- so I may mock yet when I see it on the small screen. :D

yenaled said:
Newsarama miss the point much?
HA! I totally missed that. Yes, CBR's version of that quote is the correct one.
Actually, regarding the styles. I think they did a real good job capturing Cooke's style. Considering that Cooke worked out of Timm's animation studio, they're styles have always been somewhat similar. But they did a good job in making it more Cooke than Timm. Even though it's not an exact replica of his art from the comic, I think they did a good job here.
You saw it? How did you saw it? I thought I was going to be the only one who saw it:(.

I actually wasn't talking about the art style so much as the tone of the movie itself and, well, everything involved. It doesn't just visually look like a Timm production, it feels like a Timm production as well. But see, even just talking about the art itself, I think it ultimately has some more Timmy things that Cooked things. Not a whole lot; most of the women, I admit, felt very much like Cooke's drawings, because there was great effort put into "rounding" them and their eye designs. The men just came across a lot more...jagged...than Cooke's men, who are also relatively rounded. Would it kill Timm to draw an adult male face that doesn't boil down to some variation of a rectangle? I exaggerate, but still.

ZOMG SHT IN A CAN ON A HORSE, I TALKED TO SUMMER GLAU. Not just "basked in the glory of," like last year with Fillion, but I actually TALKED TO HER. I got to ask her questions and there was much laughter and merriment. TEHEHEHEHEHEHEauithjtauh I CAN DIE NOW I'M ALL DONE.
:wow:

WHY?! Why did I get a cold this weekend?! Oohhhh! Death! x_x

I saw it too. My girlfriend works at blockbuster and she got to rent it early. Don't worry. We're both teenagers so she's not the 30 something manager who is cursed to work at blockbuster the rest of her life. It's just a college job. And she gets to rent movie early and for free.

I'd say the best part of the flick was NPH. Don't know about the voice of the batman. I little too much. But then again, I have a hard time accepting any non Kevin Conroy or Christian Bale.

:wow:

WHY?! Why did I get a cold this weekend?! Oohhhh! Death! x_x
I'd admonish you, but I don't think anything I say could possibly compare to the cold, bitter card that the cosmos have already dealt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"