oh! oh!

Yeah, the interiors aren't quite up there. I much prefer Bucky's art to Akins', but Akins handles the facial expressions of the characters pretty well, and that's where a good bit of the humor comes from. Akins is definitely competent, but I can't say I really consider him great on the series.

I've always dug Buckingham's work. If he'd had a decent colorist at the time, his Spider-Man work would've been legendary, in my opinion.

I love Bucky's Fables work, but I didn't think he was very well-suited for Spider-Man. His art wasn't bad, mind you, just not really what I want to see in a Spider-Man comic. That run was still enjoyable, though.

I liked it. Hell, I like it even more, now. Simple, contained Spider-Man stories with simple, serviceable art are all the rage in my house these days. I'm not really a fan with what's currently going on in Peter's world.

Me either, but I am a fan of artists like Bachalo on Spider-Man. Art that really feels kinetic and hyperactive. Bucky's great, but he doesn't really fit that description.

Yeah, Bachalo's great. And speaking of Buckingham...if they couldn't get Townsend to ink over Bachalo's pencils, I'd want Buckingham. He and Bachalo made for a great art team back in the day.

I don't even remember what Bucky inked Bachalo's pencils on. What series were they on?

I'll have to check my trades of those when I get home. I remember loving Bachalo's artwork in both. His Death is so adorable. :)

She was. Oh, I think they also did this great 3 issue mini called The Witching Hour for Vertigo. Jeph Loeb wrote it, if I'm remembering correctly. Great, great stuff.

I've seen the trade for that a lot, but I never picked it up because I'm leary of Loeb's name now. If it was from back in his Long Halloween heyday, though, I'd definitely give it a try.

Loeb can be hit or miss on established characters, as most writers these days are. That's why creator owned books are generally heads and tails above the Big Two. At any rate, The Witching Hour was great, I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"