Oliver Jones`s Art work

ollie_jones

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello, I just thought I would share some of my work with you guys. Not much superhero work at the moment as I have been busy with uni work.

My Entry for the april contest, I will complete it when I get the time!

egon.jpg

A few screen shots from a movie i made last semester at uni, Its not 100% finished yet, you can watch it here if you like. Im currently working on a superhero animated film. Ill put up some screen shots soon, its taking so long to animate though :(

106-12.jpg

106-6.jpg

106-8.jpg

106-5.jpg

106-10.jpg

A few sketches of some of my friends..

katie.jpg

jak.jpg

lindzi.jpg

style.jpg

my superhero that I am animating, not the greatest drawing ever, as I had to rush it for a presentation.

supremo.jpg

For the Love of tea..

brew.jpg

Also me and a few mates have been working on a zombie film, you can check the trailer out here.

banner.jpg

u got some good stuff in here

animatedash3.jpg

rach.jpg

characters from my Zombie film. I maybe making a comic book sequal in this style , or some kind of animated extras for the dvd (yeah the guys right arm is a bit long...or the right arm is too short)

girl.jpg

A design for a website

poster.jpg

Just an Idea I had a while back
mike.jpg

An old msn doodle

*All done in photoshop, except for Mikey who was a doodle on msn

Thought I was lacking some superheroes!

batman3.jpg

art work for my new movie whcih is half live action half animated!

kelllyheadcopy.jpg

ohnomonsters2.jpg

Clerks 2

clerkscopy2.jpg

From the superman competition a few months back, not my greatest piece...

superman.jpg

Had to do a poster of myself with one of my characters for my degree show poster.

ollieposter.jpg

Cool stuff.:up:

A valantines gift for my girlfriend

RIMG1826.jpg

Its supposed to be Debbie Harry from blondie. I haven't painted in a long time so it took me three attempts, but I am still not happy with it. Also I forgot to scan it in before I framed it!

Not sure if you would call this fan art or whatever but this was my costume from last halloween..

halloween2006.jpg

halloween12.jpg

All made from cardboard!

img434.jpg

yetanotherlambrinigirldesign.jpg

I am actually making these superheros into a series of short films over the summe, and a few internet comics!

tshirtdesign.jpg

Thanks, its a tshirt design for one of my films. Its not finished yet though...the film or the design :/

Drew this on the train on the way back home from seeing Kevin Smith in London, its from the cover of the latest issue of wizard.

grind.jpg

Coloured this afternoon

img464copy.jpg

manman.jpg

Working on a poster for my new film which is short film which is based on 1950s b movie, sci fi and horror films.

img470.jpg

having trouble with the girls hair at the moment, I want it to be more dramatic than the sketch

ohnocopy.jpg

background sketch of the monsters in the film which when coloured will be mostly in shadow with a dramatic back ground .All the monsters etc are all animated in various styles, 2d, and stop motion etc, where as the people and locations are live action)...

img469.jpg

Composition needs a bit of work though!

screen shots:

ohnomonsters2-1.jpg

ohnomonsters4.jpg

ohnomonsters6.jpg

Thanks man! I never got round to finishing the picture, I lost the PDF with all the rough drawings of the other characters and back ground etc. Got a bit deflated after that and couldn't be bothered.

animatedash3.jpg

rach.jpg

characters from my Zombie film. I maybe making a comic book sequal in this style , or some kind of animated extras for the dvd (yeah the guys right arm is a bit long...or the right arm is too short)

A design for a website

Just an Idea I had a while back
mike.jpg

An old msn doodle

*All done in photoshop, except for Mikey who was a doodle on msn

Few thoughts...

The first pic quoted above, along with loads of your others stuff, reminds me a lot of the art direction on 'Clerks: The Animated Series' which I am a HUGE fan of visually, so I mean it as a massive complement!

The second pic, reminds me of the AMAZING work of Daniel Clowes ('Ghost World'). Again, high praise.

The Third pic, doesn't particularly remind me of anyhting... its just badas$!

Hey thanks for the Nice words, I think all three of those pieces are about 3 years old, and I am definatly inspired by Chris Bailey ( clerks aniamted/kim possible ) and the retro styls of daniel Clowes and Darwyn Cooke.

heres a new piece, I am not the greatest at colour nor shadow so I am still getting the hang of it..

img471.jpg

teamparkourcolour.jpg

Also The girls chest area is a bit screwd up :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"