Ollie's art work

oliver_jones_37

power...less
Reaction score
Couldn't find my old thread, I guess it got deleted. Anyway heres my work in progress for a christmas card using my own characters.

cardcopy.jpg

Live action film with said characters:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bcgA4jTzGDE

pages from my first comic:

cover1-1.jpg

page11-2.jpg

A poster for one of my other films:

ohnomonsterstshirt.jpg

colouring and shading is not more forte, so any help or tips I can get would great, thanks!

Hey mate, that little clip on youtube was really funny. Hope you post a few more in the following months. Can't waiting to see how it all goes. :)

I really dig your style! Are you self distributing? or planning on getting a publisher?

I am also a filmmaker-- I posted a comment on your youtube-- great job btw! I posted a lil constructive criticism... nobody gets better when everyone tells you its perfect.

Keep up the good work! Take a look at some of my work if you like :D

http://web.mac.com/fivedazeproductions

word.

Dont let anyone stop you from fulfilling your dream!

peace

Cheers man, I really dig your style too. Kind of reminds me of a more agressive Humberto Ramos.

We got 200 printed up for a comic con, and gave them away with 200 dvds of the first episode. Didn't really get us anywhere and I didn't get time to fully finish the book and manay pages lack backgrounds and colours (which I am now almost done with)

I hope to get another one done within the next few months as well as finish editing several of the other shorts.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Sketches done at work

img549.jpg

img550.jpg

img551.jpg

Just a mess around

underworld.jpg

Never even seen underworld, looks terrible.

Supremo (one in blue with the underpants)
Lambrini Girl
Resurrection boy (one in green)
Man-man (big guy in grey)

I have several others from the same universe too

very cool, I like Supremo, he has an interesting look with the hat and all.

Great stuff, very cool. :up:

Great stuff, very cool. :up:

i'll say. wow, your compliment on my thread means a helluva lot more now i've seen your stuff! quality!! so you're self-publishing in the UK...? hmmm... maybe we could hook up or help each other out or... something...! good luck man. let's be in touch.

Couldn't find my old thread, I guess it got deleted. Anyway heres my work in progress for a christmas card using my own characters.

cardcopy.jpg

Live action film with said characters:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bcgA4jTzGDE

pages from my first comic:

cover1-1.jpg

page11-2.jpg

A poster for one of my other films:

ohnomonsterstshirt.jpg

colouring and shading is not more forte, so any help or tips I can get would great, thanks!

amazing stuff! id love to see more!

Cheers mate :) The comic should be online in a couple of weeks.

This is a moc up piece for a prop for a mates final uni film im helping out with,its an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's the book. Going to paint it on a big ass canvas tomorrow.

demon.jpg

Been working a film for a competition, in which you have to remake your favorite film in 60 seconds. I wanted it all to have a hand made feel, so everythings made with cardboard and gaffer tape....may have gone a bit overboard.

robskywalker.jpg

robandr2.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

markvader.jpg

This is some really great stuff!

I'm really digging your style. Kinda Oeming with a little bit of Timm mixed in.

The final film for the competition, I didn't quite finish the sound effects in time though

[YT]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sfF_vmRIeD4[/YT]

If that doesn't work then heres the link :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sfF_vmRIeD4

Working on a poster too, just for kicks. Decided to make it simple and a bit rough round the edges like the film

starwarspostercopy.jpg

You ahev some really great stuff in this thread! My one comment though is about your sequencial art; I know that it's black and white, but there are almost too many grey tones and not enough contrast. It has the look of a colored page that someone just took the color out. I think you should make the soft greys whiter and the dark greys blacker, this will give the image a bit more oomph. With the OHNO! MONSTERS poster, you really hit the nail on the head. It's black and white with the perfect amount of contrast.

Also, I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd like to see some more of your realistic work. Those two sketch looked awesome!

Thanks for the feed back about the greys, ill definatly work on that :) Ill try and get some more realistic stuff up online.

Sorry about the quality couldnt be arsed to install my scanner! Here are some realistic pics for you...

ElvisPresley.jpg

JamesDean.jpg

MarilynMonroe.jpg

From a new movie im about to shoot. The head rips in two showing the teeth, tongue etc and is able to shoot blood everywhere :D

RIMG0454.jpg

RIMG0452.jpg

Btw it will be wearing a hat, hence why he aint got no hair :)

Last edited:
From a new movie im about to shoot. The head rips in two showing the teeth, tongue etc and is able to shoot blood everywhere :D

RIMG0454.jpg

RIMG0452.jpg

Btw it will be wearing a hat, hence why he aint got no hair :)

Could you explain what it does again? I really don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"