Olympic Bid

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow's the day when they announce who will host the Olympics in 2016; they say the choices are down between Chicago and Rio de Janeiro, and personally I hope Chicago doesn't get it.

You live in Chicago... I don't blame you one bit. I dread the day that I live anywhere NEAR the Olympic games.

I live in Vancouver, host of the 2010 Winter Olympics. It's going to be hell.

You live in Chicago... I don't blame you one bit. I dread the day that I live anywhere NEAR the Olympic games.
Not only that but Chicago's basically a city with a lot of thugs and gang violence, so if one of those thugs were to try anything with any of the olympians from another country it would probably make the city look bad all over the world.

Well to be fair, Rio De Janeiro isn't cupcakes and rainbows either.

But at least it would be THEIR embarrassment, not ours.

I don't know why anyone would consider putting the Olympics in Chicago.

You can thank our mayor for that, been so busy with trying to get the Olympics here that he barely cares about anything else.

Not only that but Chicago's basically a city with a lot of thugs and gang violence, so if one of those thugs were to try anything with any of the olympians from another country it would probably make the city look bad all over the world.

Yeah. Olympic games historically are not a positive for a city. The price of everything goes up, traffic gets horrible, the city basicaly kisses its own ass to make sure everything runs smoothly, cops all work triple shifts to keep people from killing each other.

I heard that Atlanta is STILL trying to make up for having the games in 1996.

I expect business decline to continue in Chicago. I also expect if it happens the taxpayers are going to fork over a chunk of the money either directly or indirectly, along with a lot of less than wealthy types get displaced.

Meanwhile we get to hear Michelle Obama "sacrifice her time" to pitch for the Olympics.

Yeah, I hope we don't get it either. If for no other reason than to possibly see Dailey go down for the money he will inevitably swipe from the Olympic fund. I swear to God, most corrupt city in the U.S.

Yeah. Olympic games historically are not a positive for a city. The price of everything goes up, traffic gets horrible, the city basicaly kisses its own ass to make sure everything runs smoothly, cops all work triple shifts to keep people from killing each other.

Yeah, it's no joke. Beijing's 2008 Olympic was a success, but the Chinese government had a colossal undertaking to made it work, including suspending local factories for production and lessen traffic in order to reduce the smog and emission level in the city; shipping water and food from other provinces to ensure that they stay healthy for the Olympians (at the expense of their own people); and had the city turned into an almost police-state to block out the protesters and potential terrorists, or anything that would ruin the party and make China look bad. I doubt Chicago can bend itself backward to make the city that hospitable.

Yea you do know in Beijing they also had interesting ways to cull the unsightly poor. Displacing about 1.5 million people. If you don't have money or on the fringes you are not wanted in the city. They purposely cut electricity and water, then left garbage and sewage all over the streets to drive them out. It's a disgusting elitists event to show off their glorious (fake) image.

I can only imagine how the people of Rio feel about all of this.

It might be the one time where one can utter the phrase "This Olympic venue smells like pee and hobos"

Yeah, it's no joke. Beijing's 2008 Olympic was a success, but the Chinese government had a colossal undertaking to made it work, including suspending local factories for production and lessen traffic in order to reduce the smog and emission level in the city; shipping water and food from other provinces to ensure that they stay healthy for the Olympians (at the expense of their own people); and had the city turned into an almost police-state to block out the protesters and potential terrorists, or anything that would ruin the party and make China look bad. I doubt Chicago can bend itself backward to make the city that hospitable.

Almost? Try all the way. Too much, even for me.

I only hate the Olympics because it takes up my tv time. If I wanted to watch a 33 year old swimmer pretend to be a 13 year old girl or if I wanted to watch sexually ambiguous track stars throw a discuss 100 yards then I would pay to see it in person. It ruins tv for 3 weeks.

I agree with whoever said that it is an elitist event that is otherwise pointless.

I live in Vancouver, host of the 2010 Winter Olympics. It's going to be hell.

Well, at least some of the athletes will be in Whistler.

I'm actually sick of Vancouver 2010 already. If I see another one of those damn Petro Canada ad's for the glasses :cmad:

I can only imagine how the people of Rio feel about all of this.

As a citizen of Rio, I can tell you I'm not looking forward to this AT ALL. Then again, I'm kind of an anti-social prick.

As a citizen of Rio, I can tell you I'm not looking forward to this AT ALL. Then again, I'm kind of an anti-social prick.
I guess it's safe to say that no one in the world wants the Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"