Calavera

Civilian
Reaction score
all the great comic book games :hrt:

from the excellent:

1.png

to the awful and yet oddly very enjoyable:

X-Menoriginsvideo_game.jpg

...i havent played the spiderman games yet because i live really far from any game stores atm :(

also id list ultimate alliance but that game feels almost unplayable these days

anything YOU enjoyed even if loosely off a comic book?

I thought Wolverine was a phenomenal game. They did just about the best game possible you could with Wolverine. I've always been so disappointed that they never made a sequel to it.

by awful i mean just the graphics and sometimes odd bugs but it was otherwise a weirdly enjoyable game.

I thought Wolverine was a phenomenal game. They did just about the best game possible you could with Wolverine. I've always been so disappointed that they never made a sequel to it.

You an me both brotha. Loved that game.

Origins: Wolverine was a decent game. Way better than the movie.

Licensed games really took a turn for the better this generation.

unless sega had anything to do with it...apart from captain america..i liked that one..but iron man 1/2 thor,aliens..all terrible.

Man, when the hell are we getting another Hulk game? Before everyone got on Arkham's jock, I'd argue that was the best and most faithful comic game before Asylum came out. Forget a solo movie, give those developers another go at an Ultimate Destruction sequel.

I realize that was last gen, but still. It's odd that such a favored game didn't continue on to this generation

i never got to play ultimate destruction but i heard it was great.

didn't the new hulk game borrow from it? i know the movie used the 2 cars as punching gloves

From what I've seen (never played it) it did take a lot of elements from Destruction, but looked a bit more watered down overall. That's the problem with rushed, licensed games and superhero games on the whole.

Yeah borrowed from it but unfortunately with the rushed schedule, it wasn't very good. I'd say before Wolverine came out the Hulk was the best superhero game. Than both Batman's took the crown

I loved Ultimate Destruction. I think its story and events are better than the movies'. A sequel to that would be great.

One thing I loved about this gen: the exclusives. God of War 3, Infamous 1-2, Uncharted 1-3, Killzone 3 and the yet to come Beyond and The Last of Us. The revival of 2D fighters was also great.

I think one thing that really stands out for me is the increase in choice in video games. I love being able to make a decision that effects the games outcome, or even a minor event. The harder the choice the better, there's few things quite as fun as sitting in front of the screen racking my brain as to which way to go. It's only going to get better with the next-gen too, exciting stuff!

The walking dead game had some great choices and stuff like that

I liked the resurgence of fighting games and the growth in popularity of 1st person shooters.

I liked the resurgence of fighting games and the growth in popularity of 1st person shooters.
I think FPSs got too popular to be honest. I think early in this gen there was so much variety and originality but now it seems as if the vast majority are trying to be like CoD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"