Online portfolio question....

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
I'm an artist, and am putting together an online portfolio. I wanted to know, was there anyway to prevent people from drag and dropping your images onto their comp?

Sometimes i visit sites that don't seem to allow you to simply drag an image from their site (i belive IMDB is one) onto your computer, and wanted to know how they prevented this.

Thanks

I'm sure there is a script for this, but the best way to protect your things is put a watermark all the way across the image, or in my case of when I put up pictures I put a horrible quality so they can't print, but enough to get their mouth watering, IMO.

look into some java script or flash

sadly in the end there is no way as if someone wants you images they will get them

personally i use a javascript called lightbox, but i mainly only load low res images onto my portfolio, they has good enough to view on screen but if someone tries to print them they will come out

also look into ways of embedding your copyright, name and contact details into each image and maybe add a water mark

Yeah, i do the watermark thing but some clever photshop practicers out there that might be able to cover them up.

there's an html code to prevent right-clicking but i do not know it

Where would i enter the code?

when you code the site. is it a personal site you are using?

I know your pain. Unfortunately no matter what piece of java script or HTML code you use people can always screen capture an image, so it's a bit futile going to all the trouble of trying to prevent it. The best solution is to make a small-medium size version of the artwork image saved at a lower quality, people can still steal it then but can't do a hell of a lot with it.

I know your pain. Unfortunately no matter what piece of java script or HTML code you use people can always screen capture an image, so it's a bit futile going to all the trouble of trying to prevent it. The best solution is to make a small-medium size version of the artwork image saved at a lower quality, people can still steal it then but can't do a hell of a lot with it.

exactly what i said, if they want it they're going to get it. so give them a ****** version

it'll look fine on screen, so thats not a problem but it'll look crap when printed

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"