Two Firefox Issues

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
1) I've had this problem a while, after my computer has been on about 2 hours or so Firefox starts freezing and I must restart, when I do so Firefox never closes properly and always comes up as I am restarting as an unresponsive program, I have to press the "End Now" option in order for my comp to complete the restart process.

2) This is newer, every now and then a seperate tab opens for no reason, and sometimes when I click on a link to go to a site it redirects me somehwere else, this happens on various sites from Latino Review to ESPN soccer net.

I have ran SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes but both say the system is clean, any ideas?

For the first one the problem can be sloved if you removed unwanted addons that you installed that will help the massive memeory that is eating your computer. Another thing you can do is find a addon that can speed up your firefox or find a addon to control the memory.

for the 2nd one I have no clue, it might be just popups that keep coming up. I suggest you getting Adblockplus addon to fix that.

Thanks Kane, I've uninstalled the add ons so we'll see if that works. As for the other problem, I already have Adblockplus.

hmm yeah its strange, well if its the same site popping up just add that site to adblock plus

It's not, sometimes it opens Google, other times e bay, other times army wear. These are site pages not adds, the weird thing is the google one starts off minus anything but the logo and then the rest fades in.

that google thing is normal, thats google fade is their new thing now

Try a memory cleaner like Fast Defrag 2, it's free. Problem number two sounds like spyware or adware. Try Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware. Those are the two that Tech TV used to recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"