Online Shopping

Drakon

I got a rock.
Reaction score
Simple Question. How strong is online shopping in today's society? This includes anything from eBay, Craigslist, online specialty stores like ZeStuff, Thinkgeek, and more. Please vote 1-5, with 1 being "Unimportant" to 5 being "A Necessity".

I personally vote a 4. I personally don't shop much, though if given the chance I shop online. I know there's plenty of reasons to do so, from lack of transportation, to simple laziness, to not wanting to deal with people. For me, it's just convenient. Not to mention that oftentimes, prices are MUCH better.

I'd say a 2. I only shop online when it's something I cannot find in town, like a CD or game.

I do alot of shopping online. It's not that I don't want to go out and buy the stuff from the store, it's just alot cheaper sometimes.

Some sites have really good deals and there is usually a special. Shipping cost doesn't bother me that much, I only pay the extra if I want it then and now.

But I do find it extremely convient. I love paying bills, tickets online as well. And nothing beats shopping online during the holiday season..Sometimes going to stores is just a hassle, the stores are packed, no parking spots, stuff sold out.

I gave it a 5 because I use it all the time.:csad:

Online shopping helps people buy born without the feeling of being watched and judged by other people.:o

Gave it a 4, I buy a lot online.

Thanks to Drak for showing me thinkgeek.com. This place is awsome!

I hate shopping, but I love to buy that's why I do most of my Christmas shopping online. :up:

If I shop online it's only from Amazon. But I do it when I can't get to the stores.

The best deals are almost always online. There are certain things I want a chance to check out live and in person for myself before I buy, but even then you can usually go back online and find a better deal than you can locally. Shopping online also lets you comparison shop and read reviews from other people who have bought what you're considering purchasing as well as get feedback on the manufacturer for reliability, quality, warranty, customer service, etc. The only prohibitive things are for really heavy items that will often cost an assload to ship or if you live someplace like Hawaii or Puerto Rico where the shipping costs will often undo any savings you may have been able to get from a lower price online.

Personally, I hate shopping in stores and really only go when I know exactly what I want when I need it right away.

jag

I make most of my comics purchases (TPBs, figs, statues, etc.) online. I also get some DVDs, books and clothing on the web too, especially for scarce/hard to find items. If a retail store has online purchase for in-store pickup, I'm on it. The price discounts are usually the driving factor, though convenience ranks up there too.

Shopping for clothes online is almost impossible for me now. Very few things fit like they should

Too much swoll, Spoons. :o

It has to be a retailer where I'm already familiar with the sizing from in-store purchases. Otherwise, it can be problematic.

Shopping for clothes online is almost impossible for me now. Very few things fit like they should

Too much swoll, Spoons. :o

It has to be a retailer where I'm already familiar with the sizing from in-store purchases. Otherwise, it can be problematic.

I gots the same problem. I'll only buy clothes online if I've bought stuff from there before and was happy with it or I know the brand well enough to know whether their stuff fits me properly or not.

jag

There's too much of a fluctuation between L-XL-XXL from company to company

There's too much of a fluctuation between L-XL-XXL from company to company

That's why I like to try things on. I've tried on some XL stuff that was tight as hell and made me think "On what planet is this an XL?".

jag

I ADORE online shopping. It's like a really fabulous catalogue that is always available and constantly updated. I use amazon.ca of course for a lot of my TPB purchasing, as well as books and DVDs when I'm not able to get to a mall or other shop.

For clothes, it can be a pain to buy online, unless it's acessories (purses!). However, I really like going through the online shop before I go out to the mall because it can help me figure out what I genuinely need to buy. I'll even print the item page out and show it to the sales clerks so I can get exactly what I want. Theoretically this stops me from making so many impulse purchases...:O

I think online shopping is great. It's getting to the point where I hate using my credit card, though...I just spoke to three representatives at my company this morning because someone out there on the internets got ahold of my card number, so now I have to get a new account :cmad:

Well I can make you feel just as paranoid about shopping at stores, sometimes those cameras pick up more than your shoplifting, they pick up your "pin numbers" when you use your check cards.

BarelyLegal is a pretty secure site. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"