BvS Opening sequence..

Vaibow

Sidekick
Reaction score
This film will be highly anticipated - the opening sequence will be crucial for setting the tone of this movie - who will the opening focus on?

Superman/Clark or will it be Batman/Bruce - maybe even a villain? Do we want a news montage or a recap of the previous film?

For me, i feel it should be focused on superman - in a positive light.

I hope we see Metropolis, just before sunset - the city is being rebuilt and against the sparkling sun, looks stunning. We see train tour darting towards the city - like an old school steam engine - it loses it's breaks and heads straight into down town metropolis. The operator realizes the train will not slow down in time and will derail at the first bend - about 3 minutes away. The operator at the station is informed, as are the passengers. With seconds ticking down, people start texting, ringing, tweeting to spread the news to loved ones, people that may be hurt in the city. For story purposes, Cat Grant is onboard and contacts the planet.

Daily planet must have a twitter account and someone shouts out across the office what is happening, as local news reports pick it up and cat's tweet/text comes through.

Back onboard panic erupts as the city approaches and people make their way to the front to try and help stop the locomotive.

At the planet Lois looks at Clark - they give each other a look as if to say 'this is it..'

Clark jumps up and lois shouts for Perry's attention as a gust of wind flashes through the office.

The control station sends out warnings to local areas to evacuate and leave the areas by the tracks - helicopters now pick up a live feed of the train - a beautiful 1950's train that is used for tourism and fine dining experiences hurtles towards the city.

Bystanders watch as the train blurs by, some afraid, others filming on mobile and texting - A local reporter, in a helicopter focuses in on the train as a blur swirls by - he shouts 'l-l-look, in the sky... bird, a plane?? no, no it's superman' as the man of steel swoops alongside the carriages as he asses the situation.

With the city fast approaching, the surrounding area is almost on stand still - waiting for this awful tragedy to conclude - but not before red beams blast out of Superman's eyes, melting the joining links between the latter half of the carriages - the 4 carriages seperate and sparks fly as they begin to slow down, leaving the remaining 9 carriages and engine.

Crowds look on large television displays as we see superman repeat the sequence further along the train, another set of carriages seperate and come to a slow halt.

With what looks like half a mile to go, as it races through road blocks set up by the Metropolis police department - superman darts to the front - facing the train he pushes hard against it, it starts to buckle under the force. His feet jolt into the ground, tearing up mud, timber and rails...

This is no use, the engine will not stop in time - he shouts at the three men and one woman who were trying to fix the controls to go into the carriage and brace them selves - as they do, Superman flies directly behind the train engine and as the carriage door shuts, takes a clean swipe at the link joining the engine to the carriages - they break away. Leaving the passengers peering out of the port hole like window as Superman is left with the engine.
Superman looks around, a park to his left with children playing and an industrial site to his other side, With one smooth action, he flies atop the engine and hurls it with both hands up high into the sky.
He immediately rotates and the carriage slams into him, he quickly eases the carriage, looks up and flies up and catches the engine - metal coming apart as he softens the fall to the ground.
Crowds applaud - the daily planet staff cheer, a ginger kid with a camera standing by Perry shouts out 'stronger than a locomotive' Perry looks as if that was a good choice for article heading.

gamingboy had a scene in his 'write a scene' thread that talks about a false flag attack on luthor; I'd like to see something like that with clark being preoccupied with saving 3 or 4 planes and have him put the planes down safely, only to find out they were remotely controlled.

I think they should open with batman in the bat cave looking at a monitor of metropolis and superman. Something many of us were hoping would be a end credit scene.

I think they should open with batman in the bat cave looking at a monitor of metropolis and superman. Something many of us were hoping would be a end credit scene.

I'd prefer something like that as a second scene.

I too wanted that - would have been perfect.. i would have even settled for the back of a bald head looking down at Zod's armour he left on that building site

But, i would like it to kick off with superman, to set the tone that it's a superman film - just how superman returns started off with a bizarre love story with an old, frail lady - it set the wrong tone

Last edited:
Batman stopping ome of his rogues, maybe Mad Hatter kidnapping a child from a dilpidated project in Crime Alley on a dark stormy night in Gotham City, to establish the new world of Batman.

After that, cut straight to Clark in the DP.

ЯɘvlveR;26491631 said:
gamingboy had a scene in his 'write a scene' thread that talks about a false flag attack on luthor; I'd like to see something like that with clark being preoccupied with saving 3 or 4 planes and have him put the planes down safely, only to find out they were remotely controlled.

I like the idea of luthor creating a false flag of sorts against meta-humans/aliens where a beast he created causes havoc and he blames Superman or at least his presence in metropolis and that his army - similar to NSA is needed to protect the city.
This is where we can have John Corben go a.w.o.l and prove a threat to superman

Maybe a montage that shows what happened after the battle in Metropolis. Showing that both LexCorp and Wayne Enterprises donated money to rebuild it and I'd also like it if they showed that Superman helped as well. After that, what ISS said. Show Superman saving random people.

I'd definitely like a scene with Batman in the cave watching the events, but I'd prefer if the beginning focused on Superman and only showed Bruce Wayne. Maybe just mention Batman, but don't show him until later.

I think the audience attention would be captured much more with batman in the opening sequence. Kind of like the tdk and tdkr prologue, where his introduction is done in a compelling way that fits into the story of the movie.

I guess my opinion could change depending on whether or not the movie is a true team up film or just a MOS 2 sequel featuring Batman. I'm not sold on this being mainly a MOS 2 sequel, not with a character like Batman.

Last edited:
I actually had an idea where it starts off over the Nevada desert, two high tech jets are pursuing Superman, the army (swannick) are monitoring with two 'buisnessmen' behind Lex and Bruce - it appears as if they are attacking superman, with him giving chase but it turns out it is a training programme where Superman lends his support to helping Swannick over see the reverse engineering of kryptonian tech and also to monitor his powers/progress (say every 6 months).
To some (bruce) it looks like superman is working with the government, to others (lex) it is an opportunity to find his weakness, to a small few (swannick and superman) it is a display of supermans powers that just can't be matched.

As Superman walks with Swannick around the facility we learn that the army have managed to recreate a small percentage of the metal used on the kryptonian craft and that is what we saw being displayed - also hoping to develop the fuel left in the world engine (later leads to kryptonite).

Superman tells swannick whilst he doesn't agree with it being used for the military, he understands that this is where most of the tech first starts out and then later used in civilian systems.

This way it introduces superman more accepted by the government, lex and bruce as investors/watchful enthusiasts with hidden agenda

I think the audience attention would be captured much more with batman in the opening sequence. Kind of like the tdk and tdkr prologue, where his introduction is done in a compelling way that fits into the story of the movie.

I guess my opinion could change depending on whether or not the movie is a true team up film or just a MOS 2 sequel featuring Batman. I'm not sold on this being mainly a MOS 2 sequel, not with a character like Batman.

It's been confirmed is a team up.. cheer up:yay:

I actually had an idea where it starts off over the Nevada desert, two high tech jets are pursuing Superman, the army (swannick) are monitoring with two 'buisnessmen' behind Lex and Bruce - it appears as if they are attacking superman, with him giving chase but it turns out it is a training programme where Superman lends his support to helping Swannick over see the reverse engineering of kryptonian tech and also to monitor his powers/progress (say every 6 months).
To some (bruce) it looks like superman is working with the government, to others (lex) it is an opportunity to find his weakness, to a small few (swannick and superman) it is a display of supermans powers that just can't be matched.

As Superman walks with Swannick around the facility we learn that the army have managed to recreate a small percentage of the metal used on the kryptonian craft and that is what we saw being displayed - also hoping to develop the fuel left in the world engine (later leads to kryptonite).

Superman tells swannick whilst he doesn't agree with it being used for the military, he understands that this is where most of the tech first starts out and then later used in civilian systems.

This way it introduces superman more accepted by the government, lex and bruce as investors/watchful enthusiasts with hidden agenda

I like the idea.. but prefer Supes saving people and Bruce watching Supes saves and studying him.. also a you're not alone video that BATMAN IS WATCHING WOULD BE NICE!!!

It starts with a flashback to MOS. Alfred is in one of the buildings that gets wrecked in the wake of Superman's battle against Zod. He gets killed. Batman cries like a baby and swears vengeance on Superman. Alfred's face is never shown.

Maybe a montage that shows what happened after the battle in Metropolis. Showing that both LexCorp and Wayne Enterprises donated money to rebuild it and I'd also like it if they showed that Superman helped as well. After that, what ISS said. Show Superman saving random people.

I'd definitely like a scene with Batman in the cave watching the events, but I'd prefer if the beginning focused on Superman and only showed Bruce Wayne. Maybe just mention Batman, but don't show him until later.
Excellent ideas.

Opening scenes has to be about Superman saving some lives... It will set the tone for the rest of the movie...

There should be a recap of the events of MOS....shown on the screens of the Batcomputer....fade out to the top of the cowl.....then the title.

Then the Daily Planet opening scene. Possibly with Clark running into an inanimate object.

The first big action scene can be a Superman save.

Last edited:

hal jordan's in one of those jets, right?:word:

ЯɘvlveR;26498847 said:
hal jordan's in one of those jets, right?:word:

Exactly pal. I was thinking that too, but only refer to him as hal. Also, whilst walking around the facility there could be an Easter egg to Martian Manhunter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"