Out-of-style or unavailable foods you wish you could eat.

JJJ's Ulcer

Avenger
Reaction score
I was in Japan and had a katsudon with the egg half-cooked, half raw and runny over the fried pork cutlet. It added a lot to the texture and made me wish you could still get a Ceasar's salad in America with a raw egg mixed in it. Is the risk of salmonella really that bad? Make customers sign a waiver absolving the restaurant of responsibility if you have to, but I think the ceasar lost something when it lost the egg. I would love to try that.

My dad, having grown up in England, really misses bread with drippings and that looks awesome and I'd love to try it too and I can't. :doh:

What are some foods that because of changing tastes, health reasons or regional differences you can't find anywhere and you either crave them or you're really curious to try them because you haven't?

Oh, jesus. Like 10 years ago now, Willy Wonka (whoever owns that line...Nestle?) had these bars called Chocolate Sludge, or Mud Slude or Fudge Sludge. Something like that. Came in regular size and jumbo. My god. You can not imagine the magnificence of this chocolate bar. I used to have like three a week.

And then they were discontinued.

I couldn't possibly eat that many of them now, but as a cheat snack, say every 2 weeks...Man, that would go down a treat.

I hear ya, man. That's how I feel about Hi-C's Ecto Cooler (RIP).

Beef Tartar.
I had the good fortune to have some while I was in Paris, and my thoughts on the absence of it stateside and goodness of the raw nature are the same as JJJ. Another item I miss from Paris is their variation of a hamburger: a magnificent slab of beef with an egg melted over the top of it.

Down south there is no Turkey Hill brand icecream. Turkey Hill chocolate chip mint was always my favorite

Around the time that Monsters Inc. came out Dreyer's Ice Cream had a promotional flavor which was just vanilla ice cream and little chocolate shaped monsters with raspberry filling and raspberry swirl. Best ice cream I've ever had. There are some now that have the same three combination but nothing like that.

Humpty Dumpty Dill Pickle chips. I used to adore them as a kid and now they're 99% out of business. They got bought out and are only labeled for some cheesie things :p

And here....we...go...

tumblr_lxwyul9gmN1rnsrmlo1_500.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

tumblr_lsr2qnWGKH1qizzkoo1_500.jpg

clay%2527s%2Bpush%2Bpop.jpg

warheads_logo.jpg

shark-bites-fruit-snacks.jpg

fireballs.jpg

Cinnamon Toast Crunch; I don't eat it since I started working toward a healthier lifestyle.

String Things.

Waffle Crisp!

Last edited:
Beef Tartar.
I had the good fortune to have some while I was in Paris, and my thoughts on the absence of it stateside and goodness of the raw nature are the same as JJJ. Another item I miss from Paris is their variation of a hamburger: a magnificent slab of beef with an egg melted over the top of it.

There are many resturants in the states doing Great Beef Tartar. Check out your area. Tuna TarTar is fantastic as well.

Ninja Turtle pies is a big one, The old Cadbury eggs as well.

I miss Grasshopper Cookies. Not the fudge-covered kind that Keebler makes now, but the kind they used to have that were structured similar to Oreos, but weren't Oreos.

NickNitro, half of those things still exist. I know because they have them in the grocery I work at. Unless its a regional thing, I still see those barrel drinks, warheads, hot jaw breakers, and shark bites.

I miss the cheeseburger Doritos. I also miss the discontinued Warheads Fizzers, the orange and raspberry ones were so good.

ah I never see those where I live. maybe its because I don't actively look for them anymore but I do miss them, especially the Dunkaroos

ah I never see those where I live. maybe its because I don't actively look for them anymore but I do miss them, especially the Dunkaroos

I *think* you can still get Dunkaroos in Australia and New Zealand. I could be wrong, but it seems like something they'd keep around.

Australians WOULD keep around dunkaroos, its a tasty treat with a freakin kangaroo on the packaging!

Atomic Fireballs and Warheads FTW. My wife sent me a bag of Warheads a couple of months ago. :hrt:

^ Oh my god Soda-Licious I completely overlooked those! Amazing

This has been killing me for ages,

Does ANYONE know of fruity chewy candies that were like little pieces of cake? They came in a small little bag like gushers or something would come in. I vaguely remember them but not the name of the gummy candy. Its been bugging me for soo long.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"