Out of the 3 reboots of Blade, Fantastic Four, and X-Men, which are you excited about?

The FF easily. While Peter Parker is the heart of Marvel the first family have always been the cornerstone and should be used as such on screen. They have ties and interpersonal relationships/connections with Spiderman, Black Panther, Hulk, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Daredevil, you name it. You can leave them by themselves and/or intertwine them with almost any other franchise. In addition, they bring the best family dynamic and the second greatest rogues gallery in all of Marvel Comics (only behind Spiderman.) It would be incredible to see them be given the respect they're due after so many years in cinematic and television hell.

The X-Men are second on my list. Another important pillar but their roaster runs a little too deep to do the same thing. The mutants have always felt like a universe all their own. They would work best as a streaming show as the base of the franchise, and then you can incorporate a specific character or characters here or there in future MCU films. I think it would serve Feige well to fall back on those Fox got right (Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Mystique) and bring forth both those done wrong (Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit, Angel, etc.) and ones left behind altogether.

Blade I can kind of take or leave. If Ali is a hit I would be happy but my excitement level isn't sky-high or anything.

On a scale of one to ten, my excitement level for FF is 10. X-Men is 8, and Blade is 4.

Um, X-Men (as a stand alone) is probably 7 (i agree they need to rest a while but my favorite Marvel character is Magneto they better not F him up. Fassbender/McKellen have big shoes to fill).

F4 is a 9 (i just need to see them done justice and soon. Doom is coming.)

Blade is probably a 6. I'm excited but Blade's already been done near perfectly. Still can't wait to see MCU rated R.

X-Men

I just watched Dark Phoenix a few days ago...while I enjoyed it as it is and also as the last swan song for the Fox's X-Men..but I feel it is time for the mutants and the real X-Men to be brought into their real home to all its long due proper glory.

Feige better be handle Cyclops the leader position this time around, and... no Mystique as the X-Men members also, please!

X-Men is always gonna be first for most people I think (Unless you are a really big Fantastic Four or Blade fan)

There is just so much more they can do with the X-Men than Blade or the FF, I mean realistically X-Men has been and could continue to be its entire own franchise existing alongside the MCU (maybe bringing them in for the big crossovers but having them live on another Earth)

Definitely the FF. I think its a shame that the characters that really kicked off Marvel as we know it today have yet to get a good adaptation.

F4, they never had a great movie, then Blade and Xmen.

X-Men! duh! I'm also eXcited for the Fantastic Four reboot. X-Men and FF are my top 2 marvel properties!

I don't really care about Blade, but it is a must watch for me, I'm just not eXcited For it.

for me its x-men!! & now i would say Fantastic Four! Now i did liked the 2016 movie!! I know lot people aren't going to agree with me!! but my faovirte is the first & ff2 rise of sliver surfer!!

FF is first because there's been so little of them and most of that not so good (to this day, I've never seen F#@ktastic and that's probably a good thing). I actually rather liked the first Story FF. Normally I'd say X-Men at #2, but there's been SO much of them and most of that not so good. I'd say Blade #2 (but it's close). Even though Blade was really cool, it's been awhile and I'm ready to see new. X-Men might have been #1 under other circumstances, but I feel like I've been force fed a steady diet and some didn't taste so great. I'm sorta X'ed out for the time being; though I would welcome a great X-Men movie. PLEASE get Cyclops right this time. Please?

FF is first because there's been so little of them and most of that not so good (to this day, I've never seen F#@ktastic and that's probably a good thing). I actually rather liked the first Story FF. Normally I'd say X-Men at #2, but there's been SO much of them and most of that not so good. I'd say Blade #2 (but it's close). Even though Blade was really cool, it's been awhile and I'm ready to see new. X-Men might have been #1 under other circumstances, but I feel like I've been force fed a steady diet and some didn't taste so great. I'm sorta X'ed out for the time being; though I would welcome a great X-Men movie. PLEASE get Cyclops right this time. Please?

Yeah, I kind of feel X-Men could use a break. I never really was a Fan of the Fox X-Men films and I always felt they were pretty off-target from the comics. So I am looking forward to Wolverine, Cyclops etc. that will be pretty dramatically different than what we've seen, but I wouldn't mind taking a break to let the Fox taste get out of my mouth.

Last edited:
X-Men is - by a good country mile - my favorite super hero lore. Wolverine was my favorite super hero growing up. That said I need some time to let that stench out my mouth as well. I just rewatched the Blade trilogy on Hulu. Blade 1 was great (for its time). Blade 2 sucked. Blade 3 was garbage. All FF movies sucked, especially Fan4stic which is slowly fading away from my mind as the years go by. Next year it'll be 5 years and we can start thinking about a new FF titular movie.

That said, I want Blade then FF then X-Men. In that order. That does not mean that I don't want mutants and FF and its lore introduced earlier, i.e. a hint of mutants or a surfer in Eternals. A hint of a daywalker in Wandavision or Strange 2, and so on.

I don't know. It all depends on the creative approach that is used.

Purely based on properties I'd say X-Men if it could capture some of the dramatic aspects of the cartoon show and late 70's to very early 90's comic book. However, integrating it with other Marvel Studio's movies to mesh with the MCU tonality/creative approach I think will make the property feel a lot different.

Therefore, I'll just say FF as the rumors of them being a displaced family out of the 60's or 70's back into present day I kind of like even though doesn't match the comics at all it at least seems like a property that may mesh better with Marvel Studio's other movies.

X-Men, FF, Spider-Man, and an Avengers roster of some sort Marvel can now bring together for a Secret Wars movie and I think that'll be classic Marvel as everyone knows it right there.

Last edited:
Fantastic Four gets my vote since it’s almost impossible to do worse than Fox(especially the last effort) and I’m endlessly curious as to how Feige will do the Fantastic Four now he’s getting them after having already done established a universe without them. Others have suggested a period piece but to me that seems like an regression of the characters. I’m much more interested in seeing the FF in the modern MCU world, especially since it’s now jumped five years ahead of us. Though if they opt for a period piece, while it wouldn’t be my preferred approach, I’d still watch it since it’ll be Marvel handling the characters instead of Fox.

Oddly enough, the Mutants are the ones I’m least psyched about since they’ve been done to death at this point(I’m not that excited for the upcoming Batman movie for similar reasons) but I’m still pretty curious to see what Feige & friends cook up for their take on Merry Mutants. When I first read Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men a few years ago, I remember thinking to myself, “wow this feels like what Marvel Studios would do with X-Men.” I’m hoping MCU X-Men is a mix of the more radical, imaginative, and strange nature of Morrison & Hickman’s runs and the good character work of Whedon’s and Claremont’s runs. The MCU Mutants should be a marriage between the serious topicality of Winter Solider/Black Panther and the fun larger than life ensemble of the Avengers.

Last edited:
First and foremost for me is Fantastic Four. After that - I’d be happy with any one of the X-Men properties, there are so much to choose from.

I was totally hoping for a quality New Mutants film - and am still hoping we’ll get a chance to see Fox’s film. An Excalibur film could be great too.

Last edited:
This thread needs a fourth option: Doom.

I'm of two minds. On one hand, the F4 are in more desperate need for a good movie, they've never been done right. However, I am FAR more interested in the X-Men as characters, so it comes out about even.

X-men, and its not even close. That and Batman have always been my favorite comic book properties. I'm dying to see mutants done right.

Doom is under the Fantastic Four.
Doom may have started out as a F4 villain but he has evolved into something much more. He has done something that is rare: he has passed his superhero nemesis and become more popular.

To me, that would be like saying the Wolverine has outgrown the X-Men and now his own entity. To me, Doctor Doom will always be first and foremost a Fantastic Four villain.

That being said, instead of Doom, I'd like to see the Silver Surfer get his own solo film treatment.

Doom may have started out as a F4 villain but he has evolved into something much more. He has done something that is rare: he has passed his superhero nemesis and become more popular.

Yes, Doom is top tier in Marvel. Perhaps only Thanos and Magneto can rival him but while he's gained many enemies in the universe (Spiderman, Black Panther, Captain America, Iron Man, etc.) he's still the archenemy of the Fantastic Four.

To me, that would be like saying the Wolverine has outgrown the X-Men and now his own entity. To me, Doctor Doom will always be first and foremost a Fantastic Four villain.

That being said, instead of Doom, I'd like to see the Silver Surfer get his own solo film treatment.

Yeah, and I think the Reed/Doom relationship is key not just to the FF, but the broader MCU.

They are the two smartest people in the MCU (and which one is smartest depends on who you ask, ... which I think is a lot of fun:cwink:).

Could there be a Doom film and will Doom appear in other films? Absolutely, but I certainly hope they start by tying Reed and Doom together before they branch out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"