• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sci-Fi Outer Range (Prime Video)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score

Royal Abbott (Josh Brolin) fights for his land and family when he discovers a mysterious black void on his ranch.

I’m really enjoying it, reminds me of Twin Peaks in parts. I’m surprised not many people are talking about this Show.

This show is super intriguing so far, especially once you get to the second episode. Such a great cast and I'm loving the fact that its like a weird combination of Yellowstone and Twin Peaks.

This Show defo Twin Peaks meets Lost love it!!!

Looks like Royal originally from the “hole” but when is the question. I’m still thinking Autumn originally from the “hole” too and could well be a future Amy

Autumn is future Amy and Royal is from another time are all popular fan theories. Rebecca vanished into the time hole is another popular theory.

The first four episode of this were top notch, but last two have been less interesting. Hoping it ends on a strong note.

Up to episode 5 and so far it has been too slow burn for me. They are teasing something going on with the hole and everything with the west pasture but it hasn't caught me like it has others yet.

It's a great show, but 8 episodes just didn't feel long enough. It looks like most of the early theories/predictions were right too, but that didn't ruin it for me because it kept me intrigued from beginning to end.

Hopefully, Season 2 is right around the corner.

Finally. I was afraid they were going to cancel it like Night Sky. It's not a perfect show but it showed a lot of promise, so I'm glad.

This show is so weird. I dug it enough to finish the whole season but man, it is such a weird vibe.

Anyone still watching this? S2 premiere drops tomorrow. Sigh. It's been so long, I barely remember what happened so far.

I finished Season 2 last night, really enjoyed it. The show is very unique; I've been trying to describe it to friends who I think might be interested and the best I can come up with is it's like Yellowstone meets Dark.

Season 2 was pretty good overall. It answered a lot of questions from Season 1, but also introduced lots of new questions. And there were some really cool aspects, such as :

Joy spending 4yrs in the 1880s, and a photo of her taken back then surviving to modern day. Finding out more about Royal's background. Finally having true confirmation that Autumn is actually Amy.

There were also some bits I'm really curious about -
The time travel mechanics of the show. We don't seem to see paradoxes; prime example being Perry's actions in the last episode when he returns to the modern era, which results in the death of the slightly younger version of him. At that point, the older version of Perry who is still there should cease to exist - but he doesn't. So is this a new timeline? Or are people who've travelled through the hole somehow immune to temporal causality? We see something similar after Joy's presence in the 1880s leads to the situation where Perry shoots his father to save her. These events are not how he remembers things (he remembers aiming for a moving animal and accidentally shooting his father), but it's like he starts to absorb the memories of a new timeline and can now remember both of them occurring.

Also curious about Wayne Tillerson talking to the hole in the last episode, and it seemingly responding to him. This suggests the hole may not just be a naturally occurring phenomena but that's there's some kind of intelligence behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"