• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overrated Actors?

And of course, Cate Blanchett. Is she great, or is she just tall?

tumblr_o63fipJmaz1qanm80o2_500.gif

tumblr_o63fipJmaz1qanm80o1_500.gif

tumblr_o63fipJmaz1qanm80o3_500.gif

Well, Portman's overacting in Jackie was some of the most painful I've seen, and she got nominations for that.

Agreed. She really seemed like she was trying way too hard in that performance.

Jennifer Lawrence
James McAvoy
Leonardo DiCaprio

I say this as a huge DDL fan, but his whole method acting shtick wears thin sometimes. Paul Thomas Anderson was just interviewed for Phantom Thread, and he said something to the effect that DDL "hates" acting.

Yet he shows up come awards season and is all smiles when he wins Oscars. Come on now.

Meryl Streep

Close the thread. Not gonna get a better pick than this. An actor who in her prime was up there. 30 years ago. Who now is a walking parody (and her supporters, worse) and even in her worst performances still gets Oscar nominations.

This sums it up.

[YT]F_NSYC8DEe4[/YT]

Javier Bardem
Ryan Reynolds
Keira Knightley

While I wouldn't say Streep herself is overrated, I would agree that a lot of her performances are. Jamie is right when he says that she gets nominated for awards even when she turns in a bad performance (Mamma Mia, anyone?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"