Ooops...Sorry Wrong Genre

god/devil

Civilian
Reaction score
I started this thred so we can discuss actors and their choices of movies to make. There are a select few actors who have the ability to act in every genre (horror, Rom-com, Drama, etc) But many actors excel in a certain genre while have mixed or poor results in a different. So I thought it would be interesting to list actors who you think should stick to certain genres or who should change genres.

Alyson Hannigan(Buffy, american pie, Date Movie)- She used to be my fav actress for a while but once she started doing comedy instead of drama she lost her spark.

James Marsden(x-men, notebook, superman) Poor james seems to be stuck in the roles of love interest number two in every film he plays. I think he should try more intellectual film or a few indie film which will show people his acting ability.

Robert De Niro(we all know what's he is in)- Avoid comedy like the plague imo because it just doesn't work for me. I remember him in films like Goodfellas and Taxi Driver. Those are his niche roles and he should stick to that.

god/devil said:
I remember him in films like Goodfellas and Taxi.
Taxi DRIVER.
Say the whole name or you create mental images of him and Queen Latifah going "I don't THINK so." or "This is NOT good."

I actually thought DeNiro was pretty funny in Analyze This. now, as for Analyze That, Rocky & Bullwinkle and Showtime... :(

or him with Andy Kaufman and Christopher Lloyd hanging around in a cab garage all day :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"