Paul Gleason has passed away!

Kable24

Member of the NRA
Reaction score
'Breakfast Club' Principal Gleason Dies

BURBANK, Calif. - Paul Gleason, who played the go-to bad guy in "Trading Places" and the angry high school principal in "The Breakfast Club," has died. He was 67.

Gleason died at a local hospital Saturday of mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer linked to asbestos, said his wife, Susan Gleason.

"Whenever you were with Paul, there was never a dull moment," his wife said. "He was awesome."

A native of Miami, Gleason was an avid athlete. Before becoming an actor, he played Triple-A minor league baseball for a handful of clubs in the late 1950s.

Gleason honed his acting skills with his mentor Lee Strasberg, whom he studied with at the Actors Studio beginning in the mid-1960s, family members said.

Through his career, Gleason appeared in over 60 movies that included "Die Hard," "Johnny Be Good," and "National Lampoon's Van Wilder." Most recently, Gleason made a handful of television appearances in hit shows such as "Friends" and "Seinfeld."

Gleason's passions went beyond acting. He had recently published a book of poetry.

"He was an athlete, an actor and a poet," said his daughter, Shannon Gleason-Grossman. "He gave me and my sister a love that is beyond description that will be with us and keep us strong for the rest of our lives."

Actor Jimmy Hawkins, a friend of Gleason's since the 1960s, said he remembered Gleason for a sharp sense of humor.

"He just always had great stories to tell," Hawkins said.

Gleason was survived by his wife, two daughters and a granddaughter. Funeral plans were pending.

Wow,asbestos sucks. He played an unforgettable role and was quite diverse, poetry. R.I.P

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
He could have afforded to remove the Asbestos.

It could have been in his lungs since he was a kid. Asbestos is still floating around NYC since 9/11 and people are going to get the same type of Cancer years and years from now.

"The next time I have to come in here I'm crackin' skulls. "

R.I.P :(

That dude was awesome in Trading Places and The Breakfast Club. I can't imagine those movies without him. :up:

Thanks for the memories. RIP.

:(

Screw all the angsty teenaers. His was my favorite character in Breakfast Club.

This is sad news... but would you believe they still put asbestos in flooring tile (among other products). They call it "encapsulated asbestos" and that somehow makes it safe...

Man this sucks first Alex now Paul...he will be missed great actor.

Another great character actor has left us. He was great in Trading Places and the Breakfast Club and i marked out when he showed up and basically played the same role in Not Another Teen Movie.

"You're going to be here for the rest of your natural born life"

RIP

redmarvel said:
This is sad news... but would you believe they still put asbestos in flooring tile (among other products). They call it "encapsulated asbestos" and that somehow makes it safe...

Well, it's only dangerous when it's floating in the air. So it is safer. Not completely safe though.

image902630a2-4275-46ef-af05-b098058e3f08.jpg

American actor Paul Gleason has died of lung cancer. He was 67. The actor, who played Principal Richard Vernon in The Breakfast Club in 1985, passed away in a Burbank, California, hospital on Saturday of mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer linked to asbestos. His widow Susan Gleason says, "Whenever you were with Paul, there was never a dull moment. He was awesome." His daughter Shannon Gleason-grossman adds, "He was an athlete, an actor and a poet. He gave me and my sister a love that is beyond description that will be with us and keep us strong for the rest of our lives." The Florida-born actor started his acting career playing a ski resort guest in 1965 movie Winter A-Go-Go after training at the Actors Studio. During his career - which spanned five decades, Gleason starred in Die Hard, Trading Places and National Lampoon's Van Wilder. He also appeared in TV shows Dawson's Creek, Cold Case, Seinfeld, La Law and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman. Gleason is survived by his wife, two daughters and a granddaughter

Another good legend, away :(

Sadly this has already been posted :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"