Peter David to co-write HULK 2's Screenplay?

chaos123x

Civilian
Reaction score
Do you think Peter David should help write the HULK 2 screenplay, he knows how to write the hulk better than anyone else.

He would just need a expereinced screen writer to help him adapt his style of writing to film.

Most movies now days have 3 writers anyway, why not bring Peter David on board, instead of just having him do the novel.

No, that's a stupid idea. Peter David should write the script by himself. Maybe with John Turman. Penn should be fired and blacklisted by Marvel. :) muhahaha

they really need to get P.A.D to write a Hulk film

I dearly love PAD body of work but I'm totally against comic-book writer writing movie-script. Turman's Hulk draft was really bad, much better his old Silver Surfer script.

emi said:
I dearly love PAD body of work but I'm totally against comic-book writer writing movie-script. Turman's Hulk draft was really bad, much better his old Silver Surfer script.
AICN seem to think otherwise, have you read it?

Sava said:
AICN seem to think otherwise, have you read it?
Yeah that's the impression they gave. It was the better of the three scripts. Penn's second, and whats his face, that bad writer 3rd...
That's why I left his name, if they think he can do a good film script, then him + PAD = win!
Or something..
:o

AICN is not the gospel. Read it ten years ago. BTW, I remember Pad wrote a Hulk movie treatment back in the 90 a way before Hensleigh involvement.

emi said:
AICN is not the gospel.
True, but they sure got X3 right. Even after all Fox's denials and claims that that script was an old one. The film still turned out that way. Sadly.
Fine, if you liked X-3 you might see their view of X-3's script differently. But for me it turned out as they said it would. They don't get it right all the time, but they can get really accurate sometimes.

Yep, I hated X3: empty spectacle.

emi said:
AICN is not the gospel. Read it ten years ago. BTW, I remember Pad wrote a Hulk movie treatment back in the 90 a way before Hensleigh involvement.
can you find those scripts online now?

Nope, I only got Turman, Hensleigh e Hayter drafts in hard copy.

Nope, I'm still furious and ****ing nuts about the leaked Batman Begins, Hayter's Watchmen, Abrams's Superman and Asylum scripts.

emi said:
Nope, I'm still furious and ****ing nuts about the leaked Batman Begins, Hayter's Watchmen, Abrams's Superman and Asylum scripts.
oh come on dude, its an old script, they wont ever use it ...please

chaos123x said:
Do you think Peter David should help write the HULK 2 screenplay, he knows how to write the hulk better than anyone else.

I know too many cooks can spoil the broth but Marvel needs to start utilizing comic talent on their films, especially the ones they're producing themselves. Peter David should at least be used as a consultant. Why not included minds like Chris Claremont, Peter David or even John Byrne in the creative process? NO ONE knows the X-Men, Hulk or Fantastic Four better then those three respectively. I know Byrne is an ego maniac who isn't exactly in Marvel's good graces but no single individual ever understood or created better dialogue for the FF. He'd put his ego aside for a screen credit and a chance to mingle in Hollywood's limelight. Make people like Byrne or David script doctors or even trouble shooters. They should influence dialogue if not the plot itself. Let the budget dictate plot but let these creative geniuses influence the story and characterization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"