Iron Man Peter David to write Iron Man novelization!

I agree with this in terms of being the longest fight...but it still felt short.

Hopefully that was just because I'm a fast reader and it will play out longer in the actual film.

Same here, it didn't seem that long to me but I'm sure it will be longer in the film

Oh and another bit I loved that I hope is in the film is when

Right after tony leaves to fight Iron Monger, Rhodes trys to ware the Mark II armor but it's to small, Awesome
:woot:

Does the final fight feel longer than the one in end of Fantastic Four, when they are on the street? Would you say there is a fair balance of when we do and don't see Iron Man on screen, or do you find yourself wondering where he is when Stark isn't in costume?

Does the final fight feel longer than the one in end of Fantastic Four, when they are on the street? Would you say there is a fair balance of when we do and don't see Iron Man on screen, or do you find yourself wondering where he is when Stark isn't in costume?

I would say you see a little bit more of Tony. But to me that didn't bother me at all because Tony is a really great character and fun to watch. I think on screen it'll even out more but in the book it was more so Tony but like I said it was still great because he was well done

I think it will actually be quite a bit longer than the FF fight at the end. That was pretty damn short, Iron man and Monger go at it quite a bit.

I really can't wait to see how Bridges is going to come off in his scenes.

I think the balance is pretty good, I'd say there is a bit more of Stark but as Jesster32388 said Stark is great.

^

Of the 3 major fights in the book that involve him fighting with the armors, the battle against Iron Monger is the longest one.

Awesome, hopefully it is nice and long in the movie also.

I think the balance is pretty good, I'd say there is a bit more of Stark but as Jesster32388 said Stark is great.

If it's done right, like Batman Begins, I won't mind not seeing the Mark III armor until a hour in. But if it's done poorly like Hulk 2003, it's gonna suck.

Finished the book last night

- First of all WOW I cannot wait for this movie

- As I expected pre captured Stark, was humorous and cracking jokes, after the escape and return, he got way more serious with the occasional joke here and there.

- the imprisonment and escape was awesome

- Mrs. Arbogast is in it, even though it's only a breif scene.

- I thought the Iron Monger fight did last the longest, but who knows what action scenes the film will have, because if I remember correctly, in the trailer, Iron Man is punching through a wall to get Abu, in the book he finds him under a vehicle.

- Loved the Mandarin references, now I gotta see the ring Raza has from trailer and the pinky ring Stane has.

- The whole flashback on how Pepper got named "Pepper" was hilarious! I hope they keep that in the film

- No Nick Fury or General Ross mention, maybe they're still trying to keep that a suprise

One thing I loved:
mandarin.jpg

Never knew what they meant by Mandarin being a background villain. That was until I got up to the villains unite scene. WOW! The way they talked about him and mentioned the rings- SWEET! Bring on the sequel already.

Things I loved:

When they named him Iron Man in the newspaper, Tony liked it and kept it since "Man of Steel" was already taken

the way Pepper got named

Tony's choice of music when battling the insurgents, Metallica's ...And Justice for All and Black Sabbath's Iron Man

The Mandarin references

Obadiah Stane is one evil guy!

Things I loved:

Everything!

No joke. Might have to read it again before the movie comes out.

Things I loved:

Everything!

No joke. Might have to read it again before the movie comes out.

LOL that's true.

I probably won't read it again until after the movie.

I got the book at Borders! I've only read the first few pages so far.

I'm glad to see the positive reaction. I really don't want to read the novelization on this one, I'm trying to be somewhat suprised when I see it in the theaters.

LOL, after reading the novel I gave it to my mom and she absolutely loved it.

I think this movie with good word of mouth has the chance to do pretty damn good.

The humour is well placed and doesn't get too silly or kiddy like Batman & Robin or the FF movies. The action is really good as well, after the so called action in SR I think Iron Man's action is going to be great...especially the flying scenes.

One more question, guys-

How much is Obadiah Stane in the book? Is he a major supporting character, or in it much more rarely before becoming Iron Monger? And on that note, does he have clear motivation/objectives etc in becoming Iron Monger or does he just decide to make a big suit for the hell of it?

He is in it quite a bit before hand, the right amount. And he has a reason for it.

Oh yeah, another thing I absolutely loved about this book/film regarding Pepper Potts is
she's not another stupid damsell in distress. She actually helps out near the end instead of being captured like a lot of comic films...I'm looking at you Spider-Man series doing it 3 F'ING times in a row!

whats the difference between the jr and teen novelizations besides the cover art?

Junior Novelization is shorter, more condensed, and generally leaves out much of the detail.

Teen Novelization picks up a bit more on detail - more characterization - maybe about eighty percent of the film.

And the Regular Novelization is pretty much the film.

I loved:

- Rhodey trying to fit the helmet over his head, but it's too small. A perfect War Machine hint!

- Mandarin references. Gotta' love 'em.

- S.H.I.E.L.D. cliffhanger. I still don't think Fury's in the film.

- Iron Man firing his wrist rocket at the tank!

Just finished the book:

Really like how Tony Stark comes public.

Loved the Ozzy and song references! :up:

The S.H.I.E.L.D. reference was fangasmic! If Nick Fury is present during that scene I have a feeling all comic fans are going to go wild.

The fight sequence is awesome. Very intense. Have a feeling it will be ten minutes long.

For those of you who have read the novel,

How did Pepper get her nickname?

It's just something a lot of you mentioned and I'm interested in hearing it, since we don't know if it's going to be in the movie or not. Plus, I don't want to know any huge spoilers, which is why I'm not reading the novel.

For those of you who have read the novel,

How did Pepper get her nickname?

It's just something a lot of you mentioned and I'm interested in hearing it, since we don't know if it's going to be in the movie or not. Plus, I don't want to know any huge spoilers, which is why I'm not reading the novel.

She yelled at a guard telling them she had Pepper spray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"