Iron Man Peter David to write Iron Man novelization!

I got the book yesterday haven't started reading, probably won't until after I see the movie. I also bought SW: Republic Commando: True Colors, which probably last me for a while.

I wonder if Agent Coulson is actually Nick Fury in the movie and they just used Agent Coulson as an alias/substitute so to keep the surprise in the film.

I wonder if Agent Coulson is actually Nick Fury in the movie and they just used Agent Coulson as an alias/substitute so to keep the surprise in the film.

i do believe you HAVE it:stark:

I suspected that would be the case. I got the book last night and am up to page 57 so far. BTW, anyone notice the typo on the back cover?

I think that would be to much of him. But they do have a actor playing Coulson on the IMBD page.

I would love seeing it though.

The Mandarin references keep coming! :wow:

Just finished it.

Reading that last page gave me goosebumps.

Since I was casually cruising around my Barnes and Noble, I snatched up "Iron Man: The Teen Novelization". Didn't manage to find anything else that was in novelized form for the film. Maybe I'm missing something? Or is everyone else reading a novel entirely different than mine?

I am reading the actual movie novel. There are different types, like yours.

Yeah some Barnes and Nobel are selling it early.

I am thinking about picking this up after work tomorrow, there's like 4 Barnes and Nobel's around me so I'll check them out and see if they have em

whats the difference between the jr and teen novelizations besides the cover art?

Just finished the book, it's quite good and I enjoyed it. I'll be stopping back at B&N to read the teen novelization today to see what differences there are between the two.

..Okay, I give in. Someone, PLEASE, spoil me on the final scene? I keep hearing people talk about it, and I'm DYING of curiosity here- especially with the novel not coming out over here for another few days!

All I'm gonna say is look at my custom user title. :o(It is above my avvy and below my name.)

kedrell what did you think about the last scene?

I liked it but...

it sort of left it unsaid whether they'd be going with the cover story of Iron Man being Tony Stark's bodyguard or whether he just wouldn't have a secret identity in the future. I prefer secret identity myself. Also regarding Coulson, I think he is in the movie, but probably the last scene where he's going over the cover story with Stark, in that part he might end up getting swapped out for Nick Fury(in the movie), or at least that's my theory. That's also probably where the crossover will get put, with Fury talking about Gen. Ross and Bruce Banner, I'm guessing.

I liked it but...

it sort of left it unsaid whether they'd be going with the cover story of Iron Man being Tony Stark's bodyguard or whether he just wouldn't have a secret identity in the future. I prefer secret identity myself. Also regarding Coulson, I think he is in the movie, but probably the last scene where he's going over the cover story with Stark, in that part he might end up getting swapped out for Nick Fury(in the movie), or at least that's my theory. That's also probably where the crossover will get put, with Fury talking about Gen. Ross and Bruce Banner, I'm guessing.

I am pretty sure Tony is telling them that he is Iron Man and that it was not a body guard. I think that would throw people off if all of a sudden Fury comes out of no where, especially if it is Jackson.

I am pretty sure Tony is telling them that he is Iron Man and that it was not a body guard. I think that would throw people off if all of a sudden Fury comes out of no where, especially if it is Jackson.

Maybe, but it sounds like they(in the movie) might use that to segway into the end credits with the Ozzy song playing. Without further confirmation there would still be some uncertainty. I can live with it if there's no secret identity, but I'd prefer one. And Fury is Coulson's superior, and I'm thinking Coulson might probably get killed along with the rest of his agents by Stane at the end battle so he wouldn't be around to brief Tony after it's all over. In the book he doesn't die, but that may be because he's needed for the last scene. In the movie, Fury could introduce himself the next day before the press conference and that would work fine, IMO.

Maybe, but it sounds like they(in the movie) might use that to segway into the end credits with the Ozzy song playing. Without further confirmation there would still be some uncertainty. I can live with it if there's no secret identity, but I'd prefer one. And Fury is Coulson's superior, and I'm thinking Coulson might probably get killed along with the rest of his agents by Stane at the end battle so he wouldn't be around to brief Tony after it's all over. In the book he doesn't die, but that may be because he's needed for the last scene. In the movie, Fury could introduce himself the next day before the press conference and that would work fine, IMO.

Yeah that could work.

Here's a question for the guys who have read the novel based on the spoilers you posted:

So Tony Stark doesn't keep his identity hidden as Iron Man?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"