Petition on NBC boards to Save Nathan!

i'm sure he'd come back, he was one of my favorite charactors. :(

As much as I'll miss him, leave him dead.

Can you imagine Peter on a rampage against the Company because of Nathan's death? :up:

My thoughts exactly. We got a tease of how Peter's character could change in "5 Years Gone". And I'm looking forward to something along those lines.

He needs to stay dead.. if they bring him back no one will take Heroes seriously anymore plus the arc that his own mother had him assasinated. That was a nice "wow" moment. They can bring him back for season 3 or 4 but not now.

in this particular instance, i think it'll be the other way around. if Nathan somehow dies, it'll have people questioning why, when the ability to save him is obviously right there. Unless they come up with a very logical reason for Peter not be unable to save his brother, then Nathan should survive.

Agreed.

But it's still makes death pointless. Sounds like the show's painted itself into a corner.

One thing that would be incredible. If the Haitian showed up, secretly, and Peter's transfusion was meaningless.

^ Ditto! TPTB blew it big time, if he dies a lot of fans are going to stop watching, if he doesn't the storyline is just lame and predictable, it was so unnecessary. It seems they're jumping the shark and running out of ideas, despite Nathan being an interesting character with a nice dynamic with Peter and Ma' Petrelli, is that hard for Kring and his writers to develop a good plot for him? Kring acknowledged what they did wrong this season, lets hope they don't make huge mistakes next year or Heroes will be doomed after vol. 3.

in this particular instance, i think it'll be the other way around. if Nathan somehow dies, it'll have people questioning why, when the ability to save him is obviously right there. Unless they come up with a very logical reason for Peter not be unable to save his brother, then Nathan should survive.

I was talking about this to some effect in another thread. The only way I see Peter not being able to save Nathan is if they somehow explain that his blood is different from Adam and Claire's blood. Meaning that while peter is able to absorb their regenerative abilities, his dna does not allow his blood to act as a "cure." I wouldn't even know how to explain this, just suggesting a long-shot theory. If Nathan does die, and Peter's abilities cannot save him, then hopefully they don't leave the issue unanswered.

I'd like Nathan to at least have a personal moment with Claire, and a team-up with HRG before dieing. On the other hand, I'll feel cheated if he gets healed.

Maybe it should appear that Nathan's dead, only have The Company aquire his body and revive him, keeping him prisoner,so he won't go public. Everyone can assume he's dead, except for Mama Petrilli, Bob and co.

At this point the company has no reason to bring Nathan back, he's a liability and he's shown that when he went against Ma' Pettrelli and went to save his brother and again when he went to reveal his powers.

As for Peter giving his blood don't I don't think his powers work that way. He seems to need to think about the powers that he's using, though it the regeneration kicks in when he needs not when others need it. Consider when he was training with Claude instead of flying he said he was thinking of Claire and he healed. It seems he has to be conscious of the power he's using.

Not necessarily. He phased through his restraints in Ireland and showed other displays of power when he didn't even have his memory.

My thoughts exactly. We got a tease of how Peter's character could change in "5 Years Gone". And I'm looking forward to something along those lines.

Maybe Nathan comes back.....by Sylar pretending to be him, like in the "Five Years Gone" episode.

Nathan isn't a congressman. We already saved Nathan once and he did nothing useful this season except convince Peter not to kill all of his friends.
That's a pretty big nothing useful...

Can we believe he's dead, carry on with a few episodes...then introduce his father as the biggest villain of the series?
I'd love to see Nathan return later on, kicking even his dad's ass.

Isn't there a rumor about Nathan dying and the same actor returning as his father?

Not necessarily. He phased through his restraints in Ireland and showed other displays of power when he didn't even have his memory.

Good point. When he was being interrogated in Ireland, he healed from the beating.

Nathan had too much potential. He was one of the most interesting characters that never got to shine. They shouldn't waste a great character that they didn’t fully explore.

That's a pretty big nothing useful...

It would be if we hadn't been beaten over the head with Peter's compassion and love for manking all first season. It was the entire point of first season, that Peter wants to save the world in a big way.

For him to suddenly have no respect for life, especially being very clear on how much more powerful he is than others doesn't make any sense. But it was the only way to make Nathan matter at all (because he didn't, his storyline was over with the bomb), so they shoved it in there.

Peter is the compassionate one, Nathan is the one-track-mind -- then they switched it, and it didn't make sense, making it a pretty stupid something useful, regardless of how big it was, or perhaps because of how big it was.

And since the bigwigs at NBC are so dumb that they save a storylineless character from a Nuclear explosion (Nathan scientifically should have been dead instantly), there's no way they're going to let him die over two bullet wounds held in the arms of a man who's blood can heal him.

There's no reason to fear for Nathan, everyone likes the actor, everyone liked how the character was first season, and even though his potential is used up now that we know he is a good guy, no one wants to let him go, especially not the big execs who do their focus testing and see that Nathan scores so high.

Nathan had too much potential. He was one of the most interesting characters that never got to shine. They shouldn't waste a great character that they didn’t fully explore.

What show have you been watching????

Nathan made a full switch from ******* politician to bonafide self-sacrificing Hero... NATHAN saved the world the first time, Peter just convinced him to do it. Not only did he have a killer and full drawn out redemption arc, but his power of flight was one of the hottest things about season 1, especially when we first saw him take off from the Corinthian Hotel... they ALWAYS show that clip.

Nathan has been fully explored (tell me what else they could explore, if you disagree) AND he has had plenty PLENTY of time to shine... remember all your favorite Nathan moments? THAT was him shining...

Nathan made a full switch from ******* politician to bonafide self-sacrificing Hero... NATHAN saved the world the first time, Peter just convinced him to do it. Not only did he have a killer and full drawn out redemption arc, but his power of flight was one of the hottest things about season 1, especially when we first saw him take off from the Corinthian Hotel... they ALWAYS show that clip.

Nathan has been fully explored (tell me what else they could explore, if you disagree) AND he has had plenty PLENTY of time to shine... remember all your favorite Nathan moments? THAT was him shining...

We know Nathan became a hero at the end of the season 1, but he has not completely started to use his power to save people. In season 2, how many times did we see him fly? He didn’t get to use his power that much, even in the last episode his power was not used in a great way.
In season 1, the characters that really shined were Peter, Claire, and Hiro. In season 2, it was Noah Bennet and Hiro.
I disagree that he has been fully explored. He hasn’t used his power enough and has not gotten his own story that does not involve his family.

Nathan's always been my favorite character, but his death and Peter's quest for vengeance will make a good third season. If that ever happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"