Believe it or not - "The Greatest American Hero" (1981-1983) lives up to its title!

Tim DeKay (from White Collar) would be a good Maxwell, if you were to go younger.

Tim DeKay (from White Collar) would be a good Maxwell, if you were to go younger.

That's not a bad pick. Although I have to be honest, Bruce Campbell seems like genius casting to me.

I loved this show from my youthful days. My kids loved it when they were a few years younger. My daughter (8 yo) must have seen the series several times over the years.

Of course the theme song is one of the best of any show of all time.

Stumbling upon the theme song on YouTube helped inspire me to try the series in the first place. As I stated in the opening post, while I was alive when the show was on, I was awfully young and if I ever saw it during local syndication, it didn't stick. It was a top 40 hit in 1981, even peaking at #2 during late summer that year. Least according to Wikipedia. It is indeed epic.

Stumbling upon the theme song on YouTube helped inspire me to try the series in the first place. As I stated in the opening post, while I was alive when the show was on, I was awfully young and if I ever saw it during local syndication, it didn't stick. It was a top 40 hit in 1981, even peaking at #2 during late summer that year. Least according to Wikipedia. It is indeed epic.

The theme song needs a more rocking update, preferably by a band like CREED or Nickelback or insert your favorite band.:woot:

The theme song needs a more rocking update, preferably by a band like CREED or Nickelback or insert your favorite band.:woot:

I like the song as is. Although if TGAH returned, I would imagine a remix or a remake would be inevitable.

The PBS series "Pioneers of Television" did an episode featuring superhero shows. They focus on Batman, Adventures of Superman, Wonder Woman, Incredible Hulk, and Greatest American Hero. The full episode can be found here, and the section on GAH can be found just past the 42-minute mark.

Stars William Katt and Robert Culp and the multi-talented Stephen J. Cannell are interviewed.

The Greatest American Hero is one of my all-time favorite shows & love the theme song. When I first it was coming out on dvd, I got excited & grabbed them when they became available. I have all 3 seasons & just love to watch Ralph & Bill go at each other & especially laugh every time Bill tells Ralph to put on the jammies. :woot:

Who else remembers this show? :yay:

ve6i.jpg

And here is the intro

[YT]e9Q3orQhEcA[/YT]

Time to give this thread a ride to the top...

So, apparently, FOX had a Greatest American Hero reboot in the works back in August/September, with this synopsis:

The new Greatest American Hero will chronicle inner-city teacher Isaac’s adventures after his discovery of a superhero suit that gives him superhuman abilities. Unfortunately for Isaac, he hates wearing the suit and has to learn how to use its powers by trial and error because he quickly misplaces the suit’s instructions. He also has to deal with a government handler who has very different objectives than him and struggles as to whether he should use his newfound gifts to help others or just himself.

More here: http://deadline.com/2014/08/greatest-american-hero-remake-put-pilot-fox-826823/

Thoughts?
http://deadline.com/2014/08/greatest-american-hero-remake-put-pilot-fox-826823/

The heck is up with "Isaac"? They can't use 'Ralph'? Anyway,this was a great show.I'd prefer they leave it alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"