Petition to change the National Anthem is gaining speed..

CJ

Sidekick
Reaction score
In the wake of Colin Kapernack's protest of the National Anthem, an online petition is circulating the internet to change the song to something less offensive: 'Escape from the City' from the popular 2001 videogame, "Sonic Adventure 2"

As of this posting, the petition has reached 9,192 signatures, but still has a way to go to get Obama's attention. Together, we can MAKE AMERICA FAST AGAIN

https://www.change.org/p/barack-obama-change-our-national-anthem-to-sonic-adventure-2-s-city-escape

tumblr_nitk5b0t7t1rg3vrmo1_250.jpg

I think Sia should write a new national anthem <3

Whats offesive about the National Anthem? :huh:

I said that in jest, referring to how Kapernack sat while the anthem played.

Oh look, 10,000 Signatures!

Last edited:
Canada has a petition to change lines like "In all our sons command" to some gender neutral version. I think it's BS since its not meant to be offensive but I get why some want it changed.

I don't wanna go down that rabbit hole, but I'd guess "children" would work just the same as "sons?"

It throws off the meter but I'm sure there's other things to alter it that wouldn't.

Why would anyone want to change National Anthem? It's a good song. :(

[YT]NxLZl3xnNwo[/YT]

Canada has a petition to change lines like "In all our sons command" to some gender neutral version. I think it's BS since its not meant to be offensive but I get why some want it changed.

The strange thing is that line was changed to "In all our sons command" from the original "Thou dost in us command". Actually all religious lines in the song were added in years after the first version.

If your going to change the national anthem then it should be to something GLORIOUS

[YT]/E7oMBq1vkCM[/YT]

As far as I've understood, the content of the song has nothing to do with his actual protest.

As far as I've understood, the content of the song has nothing to do with his actual protest.

I'm seeing stuff on Facebook, that the original song that was penned the National Anthem stems from, has 3rd and 4th vs that are not sung, and have something to do with how slaves ran away from their American owners and joined forces with the British, and how they were traitors or something for doing that. So I guess he's protesting the original song for glorifying slave ownership while condemning slaves that were just trying to save themselves...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"