Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Reaction score
So I was gonna ask in the Phase 4 thread but someone asked who's gonna start the phase 5 thread? so here I am, creating the thread for it. So phase 4 is just 2 years and phase 5 starts in 2022? So...

Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Fantastic Four
Mutants

Won't be in ph4se but in phas5 just like Blade?

Last edited:
So I was gonna ask in the Phase 4 thread but someone asked who's gonna start the phase 5 thread? so here I am, creating the thread for it. So phase 4 is just 2 years and phase 5 starts in 2022? So...

Doctor Strange 2
Captain Marvel 2
Fantastic Four
Mutants

Won't be in ph4se but in phas5 just like Blade?

Doctor Strange 2 is Phase 4. Did you mean Black Panther 2?

Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
Blade
Nova
Fantastic Four
X-Men
Avengers 5
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Season 2

Whoa when was Nova announced? Richard Ryder is finally joining the MCU and getting his own solo film????

Fantastic Four would've fitted Phase 4 so well in terms of marketing.

The third MCU Spider-man will probably be in Phase 5 as well.

Wonder how long it will be? Two years is very quick for a phase I think
Previous phases didn't have 30+ hours of closely tied in live action TV series with movie level budgets though.

Wonder how long it will be? Two years is very quick for a phase I think
Well Feige said they've got the next five years all planned out and that both Phases 4 and 5 are happening during those five years. And Phase 4 lasts from 2020-2021. So going by that, Phase 5 will start in 2022 and end in 2024. That's a solid three years.

The third MCU Spider-man will probably be in Phase 5 as well.
I think Spider-Man 3 will be in Phase 4 instead.

Phase IV seems pretty good but V could be fantastic(no pun intended)

I can't see MCU Spidey releasing before 2022 although perhaps it'll be released in 2022 as the last film in Phase 4 like EGG was the last film for Phase 3

2022:

Black Panther 2
Deadpool: Deadlier Pool

2023:

Captain Marvel 2
Nova
Blade

2024:

Fantastic Four
Dark Avengers
X-Men

Fantastic Four being the new franchise in 2022 along side Black Panther 2 and Guardians 3 would make more sense. Plus it would line up with the MCU heading in a more cosmic direction. Guardians 3 could also setup FF some way if they wanted.

Phas5
2022: Black Panther Returns, Gotg vol. 3, Spider-Man Comes Again
2023: Captain Marvel 2, Blade, Ant-Man 3
2024: Fantastic Four, X-Men, Avengers 5

I can't see F4 coming out before Blade/Captain Marvel 2.

PhasiX
2025: Eternals Again, Shang Chi Legends II, Spider-Man Work from Home
2026: Doctor Strange in the End of a Trilogy, Black Panther Forever, Blade II
2027: Captain Marvel 3, Fantastic Four 2, X2
2028: new property, AvengerSix, Spider-Man Hometown

Last edited:
While I'm not thrilled with this, I'm confident the 2022 dates will be:

-Captain Marvel 2 (February)
-Black Panther 2 (May)
-Spider-Man 3 (July)

I'd prefer a new property that year but really don't see them deviating from the proposed above.

As for 2023, I think it'll go something like this:

-Blade (February)
-Guardians of The Galaxy Volume 3 (May)
-Eternals 2 (November)

And then 2024 predictions:

-Deadpool 3 (February)
-Captain America "2" (May)
-Fantastic Four (July)

Lastly, 2025 predictions:

-Shang-Chi 2 (February)
-Avengers 5 (May)
-Thor 5 (November) --- End of Phase 5

I'm not expecting Fantastic Four and X-Men in the same year for some reason and so I'm thinking X-Men in 2025.

Avengers 5, Fantastic Four and X-Men in the same year would be amazing though

I'm not expecting Fantastic Four and X-Men in the same year for some reason and so I'm thinking X-Men in 2025.

Avengers 5, Fantastic Four and X-Men in the same year would be amazing though
Of course, it would, three iconic Marvel superhero teams in a year!

Anyway, Marvel is releasing 3non sequels from 2020 to Feb 2021, which I didn't think was possible, so I think its possible if they start working on those 3 teams at the same period of time and release them in the same year.

Even if they keep Reynolds as Deadpool, they aren't going to release a "Deadpool 3" in 2024. Its gonna be a fresh take on the character in the mcu timeline. Basically a Deadpool reboot just with the same actor.

Disney will likely treat Deadpool differently, so I don't expect a February release within the same year they have another February release unless it's an off year.

What about Phase 5 shows? Aren't the netflix characters available to use in 2 years? Plus multiple seasons for already announced shows

Even if they keep Reynolds as Deadpool, they aren't going to release a "Deadpool 3" in 2024. Its gonna be a fresh take on the character in the mcu timeline. Basically a Deadpool reboot just with the same actor.

Nope. Nobody said that. What they have said is that it won't be affected by the merger thus it won't be a reboot. Which makes sense given how much money the Deadpool franchise made with each installment. Disney is rebooting the FF & the X-Men because those franchises were dead. Deadpool was and is very much alive.

Iger have also said that there can't be two Marvels so who knows. But the radio silence for Deadpool 3 is not a good indication.
What about Phase 5 shows? Aren't the netflix characters available to use in 2 years? Plus multiple seasons for already announced shows
Don't care about the tv shows. But maybe Marvel Zombies (animated film) and a spin off series for Valkyrie andWasp? I don't know its hard to predict since we are not getting new members of the Avengers in ph4se that aren't getting a solo movie. I would have said War Machine but idk about that.

I wonder if franchises like Thunderbolts and Moon Knight could end up a Disney+ series rather than a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"