Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Four movies in one year? I think those days are long over.

You're probably right given Iger's comments. Three a year will probably be the standard going forward. Though I think there could still be a fourth 2025 film in the form of MCU Spider-Man 4 due the agreement with Sony and it will have been four years since NWH. They're going to want it sooner rather than later.

You're probably right given Iger's comments. Three a year will probably be the standard going forward. Though I think there could still be a fourth 2025 film in the form of MCU Spider-Man 4 due the agreement with Sony and it will have been four years since NWH. They're going to want it sooner rather than later.
I think that's the reason Disney only had 2 MCU movies slated for 2025 so they could make room for Sony to slot an MCU Spider-Man movie. But that was pre-strike, so who knows if that's gonna stay the same.

I think that's the reason Disney only had 2 MCU movies slated for 2025 so they could make room for Sony to slot an MCU Spider-Man movie. But that was pre-strike, so who knows if that's gonna stay the same.

Yeah.
It'll be interesting to see what ends up happening with SM4.
With all the delays ,in years, I halfway think Peter will be graduating from college, at the beginning of SM4. :lol:.

Yeah.
It'll be interesting to see what ends up happening with SM4.
With all the delays ,in years, I halfway think Peter will be graduating from college, at the beginning of SM4. :lol:.

I'd be down for that. The previous SM series both started with the obligatory high school origin and skipped straight to his college years after that, so it kind works for this one to really dig into the high school years the others ignored, then skip straight past college to the adult years the other series never reached.

I'd be down for that. The previous SM series both started with the obligatory high school origin and skipped straight to his college years after that, so it kind works for this one to really dig into the high school years the others ignored, then skip straight past college to the adult years the other series never reached.

The more I thought about , the more I liked the idea myself.:basicgrin:.

I know the rumor has been they ( Sony and Marvel ) wanted a "college trilogy", but I actually think it would be interesting if S4 began 4 years after NWH , and he's graduating ,or just graduated from college.

He's no longer the rookie Spiderman , and is now the Spiderman in his prime , whose been doing it for several years .

That way , when MJ comes back in his life , it has a much stronger impact ,because, he's now a young adult whose had to support himself , and has had all kinds of experiences outside of HS , made new friends , has job, his own place ,etc.

I'd particularly like the idea if he really hadn't seen MJ in four years .
It makes them reconnecting more impactful, than if he hadn't seen her in a couple semesters.

Holland's getting older anyway.

So having him play a twenty something Peter off the bat would make sense , and dove tail into him being a more seasoned hero in Secret Wars and Kang Dynasty.

So, I'd be down for them skipping college by the time they get around to S4.

Last edited:
They will take a long time before making SM4

We'll see Spidey in next 2 Avengers movies so it's okay with me

Im just impatient to see DP3 and Cap4

The more I thought about , the more I liked the idea myself.:basicgrin:.

I know the rumor has been they ( Sony and Marvel ) wanted a "college trilogy", but I actually think it would be interesting if S4 began 4 years after NWH , and he's graduating ,or just graduated from college.

He's no longer the rookie Spiderman , and is now the Spiderman in his prime , whose been doing it for several years .

That way , when MJ comes back in his life , it has a much stronger impact because he's now a young adult whose had to support himself , and has had all kinds of experiences outside of HS , made new friends , has job, his own place ,etc.

I'd particularly like the idea if he really hadn't seen MJ in four years .
It makes them reconnecting more impactful than if he hadn't seen her in a couple semesters.

Holland's getting older anyway.

So having him play a twenty something Peter off the bat would make sense , and dove tail into him being a more seasoned hero in Secret Wars and Kang Dynasty.

So, I'd be down for them skipping college by the time they get around to S4.

Good point. By the time of Secret Wars, Holland’s Spidey can’t be playing the inexperienced youngster anymore and needs to in some ways be a leadership figure for the youngest or newest characters. I also want them to commit to the ending of NWH rather than jump straight back into being friends again instantly.

As cool as the idea is, I imagine they are going to be constrainted by the MCU timeline. But as of the last few projects, were currently in 2026. So theorically Peter would be a sophomore at this point. Say SM4 comes out in the next 2-3 years, it's entirely possible Peter will have graduated college by this time. Though I suppose if they wanted him to stay in the college environment, they could have him in grad school.

Either way I'm expecting a very different status quo the next time we see him.

Last edited:
Good point. By the time of Secret Wars, Holland’s Spidey can’t be playing the inexperienced youngster anymore and needs to in some ways be a leadership figure for the youngest or newest characters. I also want them to commit to the ending of NWH rather than jump straight back into being friends again instantly.

Totally, which is why I would be down with a few years jump.
It really shows the ending really has had an impact , and hasn't been undone.

As cool as the idea is, I imagine they are going to be constrainted by the MCU timeline. But as of the last few projects currently, were currently in 2026, so theorically Peter would be a sophomore at this point. Say SM4 comes out in the next 2-3 years, it's entirely possible Peter will have graduated college by this time. Though I suppose if they wanted him to stay in the college environment, they could have him in grad school.

Either way I'm expecting a very different status quo the next time we see him.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

If they really wanted to stay with the idea of him still being a student, he could always be in grad school .

I'd be fine with just 5 movies in phase 5. Phase 5 is really off to bad start with Ant-Man and Secret Invasion. Things aren't looking great for Captain Marvel. Word of mouth for Echo is bad. Who knows if Agatha and Ironheart are any good, next year?

So far, Guardians 3 and Loki 2 are okay, not great but not cringey like Thor 2/4. I'm confident that Deadpool will be successful. I think Captain America 4 will struggle at the boX office but the movie should at least be received well when it comes to reviews.

I hope Thunderbolts is canceled and Blade gets moved to phasiX, so phase 5 will be done neXt year.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2024 - Deadpool
Feb 14, 2025 - Captain America
May 2, 2025 - 4
Jul 25, 2025 - Thunderbolts
Nov 7, 2025 - Blade

4 is the only one that didn't move. No word which ones are for phasiX. I still think they need to can Thunderbolts, just let it go and fast track other films. There's a reason why 4 is now coming out first before that. Blade is also now coming after 4, if they still can't get it together after all these years, can it too.

Only 1 film for MCU would be good so people would miss the MCU, but 4 films for 2025 are overkill especially if Sony decided to release Spider-Man 4 in 2025. I eXpect another delay for Thunderbolts and Blade, if they are really moving forward. That 2025 line up is too many. And we have yet to see the boX office performance of The Marvels.

I can see Marvel's logic. Thunderbolts at least has returning characters the audience knows, while the FF is untested. So May is a better date, so they probably have more faith in the movie with the established characters. Hence why they get the May date. Project may also be further along.

I dont overtly care which is first. I just want them to be good

Phase 5.jpgPhase 6.png

It's interesting that Cap 4, Thunderbolts and FF are now in the exact same order as they were when Marvel first announced phases 5 & 6 back in 2022.

I'm not sure if I should have posted the new dates here in the phase 5 thread. But Phase 5 is ending with Captain America: Brave New World? I'm pretty sure F4 was intended to be the start of PhasiX, then Thunderbolts was dated after F4 which made Thunderbolts a phasiX movie. So is it phas5 again?

Its crazy from February 2025 to July 2025, we are going to get 3 MCU movies and none are traditional sequels. After what happened with the Marvels, I'm still concerned about the boX office chances of these films. I don't care about a sequel for Brave New World/Thunderbolts, but I want the reboot of F4 to be the start of a new trilogy.

View attachment 80143View attachment 80144

It's interesting that Cap 4, Thunderbolts and FF are now in the exact same order as they were when Marvel first announced phases 5 & 6 back in 2022.
Yeah but what about Blade lol. That movie was supposed to come out last year!

Looking at that time table. It is a mess. A lot of delays and some like Blade that had a 2023 date hasn't even begun filming. I wish they would only show these dates when things are crystal clear that they would make those dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"