Pic of Iceman ICED UP!

It looks kind of good but when we get the tv spot in high -ris it will look better.

Retroman said:
iceman0qz.jpg

panelxm008b5ek.jpg

Source: http://www.marvelmasterworks.com/xmen/xm008.html

It does look like you can see through his left arm in the movie pic.

this is the only tv spot i saw and i wasnt impressed with how it looks but not that im looking at the pic more and more i do think it looks cool and the movie will prob look real good

Hopefully more pics will follow in the days to come.

The tv spot was too bright, that was (I HOPE) the problem, look at Mystique, Beast and the Alcatraz scene too, they all look more white/bright than we've previously seen! It was probably the poster's brightness/contrast settings on his TV/camera that were off.
I wish they'd show us the hi res tv spots because I'm slightly worried - I LOVE how Iceman looks in the above pic, blue and icey looking but in the spot he looks too frosty and white. As said though I'm sure the above pic is(HOPEFULLY) how he'll actually look in the movie!

Yeah, the camera makes it lighter

I hope, it threw me off when I saw the tv spot tbh because I was so impressed with Iceman's iced up look in the pic, he looked too white when iced up in the tv spot. Generally, from what we've seen in other trailers etc. they're going for the darler/bluey colour tone in X3 so I'm hopeful the above pic is our real iced up Iceman. I also don't think when he headbutts Pyro, that that's the end of the fight, nice editing done there!

I know I know, I just prefer the blueish look.

I wish he wore sun glasses it'd look cool as ice

i think he's letting his soul glow, letting it shine. And that's why he's blu. he has a blue soul.

KenK said:
It does look like you can see through his left arm in the movie pic.

I raised that question yesterday. And now that I study it even more, the "V" line that makes up his torso continues on, even through his left arm where the light appears to be shining through. So I would have to say that he is DEFINITELY transparent (made of solid ice).

But this also raises another question, on how can he possibly convert his leather costume into ice?

Lightning Strikez! said:
But why would he be blue? Ice is white.

If ice is cold enough, it can turn blue..... Look at Glaciers.

Lightning Strikez! said:
But why would he be blue? Ice is white.

There could be a sort of psychological thing going on too. By using a blue hue, it just adds to the illusion that he is really cold. Blue=cold. Red=hot. It's a bit of a visual cue going on.

Maybe he could be in the middle of the process of fully icing up in that shot, hence his arm becoming transparent. That could spread to the rest of his body.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Wow... I've managed to click on this thread and not see the pic. Yay! :D

I'm curious why you clicked the thread if you didn't want to see the pic lol. :p

I think the choice to use the blue is also because people associate white more with frost/snow.

Odin's Lapdog said:
oh great, my worst fears come to life...

:o

And what exactly would that be?... That's he's transparent, or that he doesn't look as you envisioned him in ice form? I was expecting him to look as transparent and as detailed as that Ice chick in "Die another Day", but that obviously didn't happen. Who knows, we might see a better version of him when the movie hits.

he... looks... lame...

okay, maybe not lame, but he definately doesn't look that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"