Playstation 3 60gb

RonJon_silver

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm Currently Looking For A Blu-Ray Player But As I Already Own A Lot Of PS2 Games Should I Buy A Second Hand 60gb PS3 As I'm Not Sure If The 40 Or 80g Are Compatible With PS2 Games. Any Help And Information Would Be Great. Cheers. :huh:

stop capitalizing every word in a sentance...it's gimmicky and annoying to read.

...and the 40gb doesn't have backwards compatibility, but the 80gb does.

Yeah, just pick up one of the current 80GB's, they have backwards compatibility with PS2 games.

However they are coming out with new 80GB PS3's that will replace the 40GB ones, and won't have backwards compatibility with PS2 games. Though I'm pretty sure their also coming out with 160GB PS3's to replace the 80GB's and they'll still have BC....confusing huh? Lol, I think everything's just doubling on memory but the consoles are staying the same in their price range.

So don't worry, pretty sure backwards compatibility is going nowhere. No reason to have to dig around for a 60GB version as there are current BC versions still in stores.

Thanks for the replies guys. every 80gb PS3 i've looked at havent been backwards compatible. I've seen a 60gb Console at an exchange store for around £370 and wanted to know someones opinion before i decided to purchase.

I bought a refurbished 80 GB PS3 at Gamestop in March for about $500. It was BC with PS2 games.

On Wikipedia it states that the PAL version of the 80g PS3 is not backwards compatible. I probably should've mentioned in my first post that i was from the UK.

On Wikipedia it states that the PAL version of the 80g PS3 is not backwards compatible. I probably should've mentioned in my first post that i was from the UK.
The unbundled 80gb in all territories isnt PS2 BC. The one included in bundles is.

BTW, it doesnt matter whether you get an 80gb or a 60gb bc since you are in the UK, none of the 60gbs released there had full BC. The PAL 60gb PS3s were essentially 80gb PS3s with less space. I wouldnt go out of my way trying to find one of those bc you are better off just getting one of the bundled 80gbs which you should be able to still find new

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"