Comics Poll: Who was really popular 10 years ago, but not now

The Sunspot vs. Cannonball Eternal story was BRUTAL! The way Sunspots head was broken...

Rictor was quite cool in X-Force and the whole Boom Boom/Boomer/Meltdown transformation was quite interesting. Sunspot is just cool on principal...

Optic Rage said:
Deadpool is still popular now...he has a very popular book with cable and was even an unlockable in xml2...oh and he's just been introduced in ultimate spidy

They paired him with another semi popular character..Cable...who is also on this list and was also in the XML2 game....10 years ago..he had is OWN book....they both did. He isn't as famous as he once was. Deadpool stays on the list.

OutcryX said:
Rictor was quite cool in X-Force and the whole Boom Boom/Boomer/Meltdown transformation was quite interesting. Sunspot is just cool on principal...

Boom Boom might be having a bit of a resurgence now thanks to Nextwave.

Boom Boom Jubalation Lee is in that neat little Decimation one. She's in AA and investigating the changes to the continuity. The one with Chamber's Corpse was freaky.

Anyone who appeared in a book that started with "X-" but didn't end with "Men"....also Gambit.

Well, let's face it. One could honestly say that comicbooks themselves are not as popular now as they were 10 years ago, but that's another thread for another time.

Cyclops said:
Well, let's face it. One could honestly say that comicbooks themselves are not as popular now as they were 10 years ago, but that's another thread for another time.

I thought I said that on page one:confused:

.... pssht. I'm the Brian Michael Bendis of message boards. If I didn't say it, it hasn't been said.

lol @ Cyclops. But yeah...I miss Cannonbal but it seems like he's coming to the front once again. Basically I miss X-Force, Gen-X, and X-Factor characters. And I miss those annuals where they'd all get together and play baseball.

Gosh, the cartoon was 10-12 years ago already?? I feel old now :(

Cable. Pairing him with Deadpool hurt his popularity.

Cyclops said:

That seems true. Once again the 2000's comics have been putting in all this BS that's making me not wanna read them anymore (until further notice that is).

Gambit still has a very big fanbase from what I've noticed. His fanlisting titled "Cajun Charm" currently holds 1112 Gambit fans on it.:up: So that shows his popularity is still very high among x-men fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"