Sequels The Trouble with Gambit

Being one or two years older than Cyclops is not a problem. . .

Magneto movie is definatly not happening. But First Class Movie is green lit. Bryan Singer has been brought on board as director, The script is written, and the studio is looking to the next x-men property. It was either this or magneto, guess first class won.

It will be followed in a few years by wolverine 2

it sounds like their combining a few key elements of what would have been in the magneto movie into, first class, though

My age theory is based on both characters age and actors age... because you couldnt go by either one or the other. So i found the best fit. a mixture of actors ages and characters depiction.
oh, I understand, I get that, it's just that there were alot of inconsistencies in the cast, in terms of the actor/actress fitting the age of they characters (as I said)
like, Jean & Scott, were suppose to about the same age (give or take a year) but, they cast 27 yo. Marsden opposite a 36 yo. Janssen, to play characters that were both in there early 30s
(calculating that from the movie timeline, as we saw a 16 yo. Scott in xo:w which took place 15 years before x1, which would make him 31, same with Jean (if were saying the movies were set the year they came out in (which I don't actually think they do) but, for the sake of argument) in x3 we saw a 13-14 yo. Jean in a scene set 20 years ago, so, 14 + 20 = 34 (simple enough) if set in 2006 that would actually put her at being only 28- 29 in x1 (making her alil younger then Scott)

and the time line continuous, throughout, only gets more confusing from they

its really best not to get to hung up on dates, numbers an ages...
And im saying in 2009 if x-men 4 was made in say 2009 the characters age would be as above list i gave.
and rather or not, a x4 well happen one day, I think it's pretty safe to say it wont be happening in 2009...
(though, I wouldn't put it pass Fox, to try to make a movie in less then 2 days for a release before the new year lol)

Last edited:
Well, there is one way to solve the age problem.

One word, people...

Reboot!

Gambit would be 38 in an 18 year old body.
This almost kills the nice fantasy I was having where we spontaneously eloped.
(Of course, there I imagined him to be older, but in a 24 year old body because I'm that age.)

*shudders*

I'll just stick with my delusions. In my head he'll be 24 and to everyone else he'll be 18 or whatever. I'm so glad Taylor Kitsch is actually 28, it makes it all better.

It's too early for a reboot of the series... The only way we will get that is if the franchise stopped now and was repicked up in 2020 for a reboot.

I dont initially think we need to be as drastic as a reboot.

The franchise has many doorways, for example. We dont know Cyclops was oblitorated, it was a guess on Xaviers part. Phoenix knew what happend to him but is lost in her own emotions.

So for all we know Cyclops may still be alive. Phoenix has the option to return from the dead...again Xavier isnt really dead because he transfered his mind into his brothers body.

So i think we could initially push x-men 4 and have cyclops return, gambit enter and bee at the right age as to him being around the same age of scott summers.

and the line up would be Professor X, Wolverine, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast and Jubilee

It's too early for a reboot of the series... The only way we will get that is if the franchise stopped now and was repicked up in 2020 for a reboot.

I dont initially think we need to be as drastic as a reboot.

Realistically speaking, by the time they get around to another X Men film (after Wolverine 2, First Class, Deadpool, possibly a Gambit and/or Magneto film), the actors from the first three films will be too old to play their characters (this is true already for Halle Berry and Famke Janssen, who are in their 40's-but look great! Jackman can keep going for at least 10 more years due to Wolverine looking like his 40's in the comics). 2015-2020 is not an unrealistic prediction for the next X Men team film after First Class. So an X Men 4 is out of the question for the original cast, with the possible exception of Jackman, Paquin, Ashmore and the other "younger" members of the team, depending on what the filmakers want as far as ages for the team. So an early to mid-thirties Kitsch will be ideal for that line-up.

Hugh Jackman - can play Wolverine for ever. Think About it, Hugh reaches the age of 60 he has grey hair and more wrinkles well - then we would have Old Man Logan

that would be so cool !!!! but i am sure that Hugh won't be as buff when he reaches 60

Actually Hugh Jackman doesnt need to be as bugg as he is now to play Old Man Logan...

Look at some well toned actors of that age, as long as they stey slim there overal muscle tone is perfect for that age range. Same would be for Wolverine

I kinda liked how in Ultimate X-Men, they made out and Dazzler said "That guy's gotta be like, twice her age. That is so HOT!" lol

But yeah, just make Gambit stop aging via Sinister's experiments which also give him the creepy comic eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"