Poltergeist Remake Coming on November 24, 2010!

Metamorpho1977

You jack wagon!
Reaction score
ShockTillYouDrop.com has learned that MGM's planned remake of Tobe Hooper's classic '80s haunted house movie Poltergeist has received a release date of November 24, 2010, Thanksgiving weekend. With director Vadim Perelman (House of Sand and Fog) attached since last September, the production has been in development a long time with a script surfacing last year, but so far, no cast has been announced and no information about where or when they might start filming.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11397

I'm honestly curious how this will develop. The original has a weird vibe to it, and a strange ending (the house getting sucked into a portal, thanks Steven). But Lucifer bless that clown doll, the tree, and the "cemeteries next to housing developments" plot points. It messed up so many kids in the 80's & 90's, especially the clown doll...

But Poltergeist is an essential film from my childhood. They can only change so much till it becomes a mess.

I think there may already be a thread around here somewhere...

As for this, I'm not interested. I'm not going to trash it until I actually see if its awful, and I know that remakes dont replace the original film, but the original is one of my favorite horror films of all time. No thanks.

I doubt this even gets made. They've been saying this was gonna get remade for years and still nothing.

i'm still really into the original to consider a remake.

The only reason I have any interest in this is for the fact that the director is interesting.

If this gets made let's hope another "curse" doesn't start.

Ugh.... I would face palm but that's way over used.

i could understand this... the vfx are pretty outdated.
and theres a whole new generation that doesnt even know what poltergeist is.

If it manages to at least be better than Poltergeist 3 I'll chalk it up as a victory. My expectations are that low.

When a movie gets remade, people shouldn't get surprised. They should know its coming. Since we're living in the era of remakes right now.

I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm just saying you should go through the usual "Oh no not a remake, it tarnishes the original"

I think I seen this movie like once a really long time ago. So I can't really comment on anything. Seeing how this came out in the early 80's and thats when I was born.

When a movie gets remade, people shouldn't get surprised. They should know its coming. Since we're living in the era of remakes right now.

I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm just saying you should go through the usual "Oh no not a remake, it tarnishes the original"

I think I seen this movie like once a really long time ago. So I can't really comment on anything. Seeing how this came out in the early 80's and thats when I was born.

Poltergeist is a pretty classic modern horror film. I'm sorta shocked you aren't familiar with it.

Poltergeist is a pretty classic modern horror film. I'm sorta shocked you aren't familiar with it.
I know about it. I just haven't seen it in a long time. I know all about the curse of the movie and how they supposedly used real human remains and how the little girl of the movie died and a few others did aswell.

Watch it, TAC. WATCH. IT. :cmad:

It shouldn't be a direct remake to the original, I'd prefer it if they made up a whole new story using a "poltergeist" theme. Which even then, wouldn't set it apart from movies like "the Haunting in Connecticut" and "The Unborn".

I have to say, if they remake it, I kind of want to see them encapsulate the story of the first two, instead of just the first. Involve Kane and whatnot... though, no actor will ever live up to the creepiness of the original Kane.

The original really holds up.

I'm expecting a 'meh' upon it's arrival. Also, the writers aren't that good, so the original is safe.

The big difference will be that the family in the movie now have an 50 inch LCD-tv... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"