Potential Sneak Peak At The Abomination? [ SPOILERS FOR HULK COMIC ]

Cth

Sidekick
Reaction score
Marvel released the solicit for HULK #3 (March 2008) today along with this pic:

HULK003.jpg

HULK # 3

The Story: Not a flashback! Not a dream! Together again for the first time! The battle you NEVER thought you'd see -- The Hulk Vs. The Abomination! But...wait, we've seen that lots of times! Well... No you HAVE NOT. And it isn't just because superstars Jeph Loeb & Ed McGuinness are bringing it to you for the first time -- it's because if you've been reading the Hulk (yes, we know there's one or two of you), it CAN'T be possible! But it is -- AND IN COLOR -- LOTS OF THEM! The pulse-pounding, gamma-spawned action adventure continues in Hulk #3!!!

Rated A…$2.99

It's been widely speculated that "one of the oldest characters in Hulk's universe meets a grisly end"* is the Abomination.

(* http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12127)

This preview seems to say it's definitely Abomination:

hulk11.jpg

hulk12.jpg

hulk13.jpg

Now, over at Hulkmovie.com bursyl speculated that the Red Hulk is the Abomination. The Red being a cheesy knock on the original Russian origin.

Bursyl further speculates that before the movie comes out, Blonsky will revert from the Red Hulk and undergo a transformation to match up with the movie.

That's where this pic comes in..

HULK003.jpg

Early script reviews mentioned some possible bony protrusions (ala Doomsday).. and this pic has something similar in the face happening.

Maybe after "Hulk" beats him, the shell starts falling off and we see something like the bones protruding from his legs/arms to match up with the movie.

Thoughts?

No. This is a comic and has nothing what so ever to do with the movie.

And in 2003, Marvel didn't decide to suddenly bring back Betty and shoe horn in an Absorbing Man appearance into an ongoing 45 part storyarc for no reason either.

Nevermind that the author steadfast refusal to put Betty into the book, etc. to keep things different from the film.

Editorial has done quite a number of things like this in the past, so don't be surprised if it's closer than not.

well the 2003 film wasn't run by marvel studios, this is a whole different board game now...

Guys thats not how Abomb will look.

Come on now... Next thing people will say that the Hulk will be red in the movie.

well the 2003 film wasn't run by marvel studios, this is a whole different board game now...

True, but Marvel was intentionally trying to tie the comic into what they thought the film was going to be at that time.

If you think they're not going to try and capitalize on it, it makes no sense.

Of all the characters to use, they pick now to use Abomination?

Since Marvel IS running it this time, it makes even MORE sense for them to tie the two together, especially if they attempt some kind of promotion at the theater.

Either way, why does the Abomination have a new look? The preview from issue 1 shows a different Abomination than the one in issue 3.

The fact it's 3 issues in, seems to indicate they're going somewhere with it.. and ask yourself, why all the mystery around it? Why reboot the title now? New readers are going to be more likely to jump on board if there's only 6 issues out (or pick up the inevitable TPB that'll be released shortly upon completion of the arc)

Sorry, there's just too much coincidence for me to just dismiss it outright.

Come on now... Next thing people will say that the Hulk will be red in the movie.

Well, I raise it as a possibility. See below.

Marvel released the solicit for HULK #3 (March 2008) today along with this pic:

[pic]

It's been widely speculated that "one of the oldest characters in Hulk's universe meets a grisly end"* is the Abomination.

(* http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12127)

This preview seems to say it's definitely Abomination:

[3 more pics]

Now, over at Hulkmovie.com bursyl speculated that the Red Hulk is the Abomination. The Red being a cheesy knock on the original Russian origin.

Bursyl further speculates that before the movie comes out, Blonsky will revert from the Red Hulk and undergo a transformation to match up with the movie.

That's where this pic comes in..

[nother pic]

Early script reviews mentioned some possible bony protrusions (ala Doomsday).. and this pic has something similar in the face happening.

Maybe after "Hulk" beats him, the shell starts falling off and we see something like the bones protruding from his legs/arms to match up with the movie.

Thoughts?

Cool, thanks for posting. I'm talking out of my butt here, but do you think there's a chance that we might see the Red Hulk during the scene where Banner takes the cure and the cure has strange side effects (and seemingly doesn't work)? I seem to recall there being a reference to him changing color. Or is Bursyl right with his speculation that it's entirely about Blonsky? Is it possible that LL, Norton, et al. would be so cutting-edge as to take TIH in any of these new directions?

No chance at all we see red Hulk in movie..

Are you guys for real?

Guys thats not how Abomb will look.

Im thinking red Hulk is indeed Banner.

I didn't say that's how he'd look. If you read what I posted, I said they're evolving the character into what the film version looks like.

I'd love for Red Hulk to be Banner, it makes no sense otherwise for someone to mutate into an almost exact copy of him.

Still, the solicit seems to hint that it's the "first time" meeting.. which to me, says they're in different bodies.

So, technically, it'd be Blonksy's mind in the Hulk's body, and vice versa.

Im thinking red Hulk is indeed Banner.

I certainly hope so because I will be dissappointed if it was anyone else. The Hulk is a persona of Banner, not a costume that can be put on by anyone. And if it is not Banner, then it is not the Hulk but another gamma spawned creature.

There's no way they'll use the Red Hulk in the film. Period.

We're lucky we're getting an olive gray-green Hulk.. that's about how far we'll see of a Gray Hulk :D

I certainly hope so because I will be dissappointed if it was anyone else. The Hulk is a persona of Banner, not a costume that can be put on my anyone.

150% agreed.

I hated it when Rick became a long haired Green Hulk.. TWICE.

Or when Busiek had an entire COUNTRY become Hulks.

I liked the psychological effects of gamma radiation.. showcasing the inner person. Wasn't that originally presented in Hulk 2099 or something and later used in the regular comic?

We're lucky we're getting an olive gray-green Hulk.. that's about how far we'll see of a Gray Hulk :D
How do you know Hulk will be that colour..

We still have yet to get a full body pic remeber. :bh:

So you think Abomb will be silver/blue in the movie also?

Nope, as I said, it looks like they're mutating him.

Didn't one report say his skin was clearish?

It looks like he's fading from his green (as shown in the preview from issue 1 in the first post)

Is his body reacting to the Hulk's blood as he mutates?

Who knows at this point.

Yes they said he will be clear colour..

If only we could get a pic.

No chance at all we see red Hulk in movie..

Not even a momentary flicker of red? I'm not suggesting full-fledged Red Hulk, just a freak-of-nature type of thing as a result of the cure seemingly not working... one second's worth of film. I'll leave now.

How do you know Hulk will be that colour..

We still have yet to get a full body pic remeber. :bh:

Check the forum.. it's been stated numerous times from the cast/etc.

Add in the whole part where that Aaron guy took the pic off his gallery that was shown at comicon or something..

This pic:
hulk-2.jpg

Not even a momentary flicker of red? I'm not suggesting full-fledged Red Hulk, just a freak-of-nature type of thing as a result of the cure seemingly not working... one second's worth of film. I'll leave now.

I suppose it's possible, but they had that scene in the 2003 movie when his dad became the Absorbing Man. I doubt they'd want to remind people of that or confuse people further.

^Thats not a pic its a drawing.

It's a "pic", not a "photo" which is what I think you were trying to say.

I never said it was a photo.

Hang on, since you haven't seen the Aaron Sims pic I'll post it too.

theincrediblehulkxt9.jpg

And yes, that's not a scene from the film, or anything else. It was a model for the CGI.. whether it's a digital model, or sculpture or a mix, etc.. I dunno.

True, but Marvel was intentionally trying to tie the comic into what they thought the film was going to be at that time.

If you think they're not going to try and capitalize on it, it makes no sense.

Of all the characters to use, they pick now to use Abomination?

Since Marvel IS running it this time, it makes even MORE sense for them to tie the two together, especially if they attempt some kind of promotion at the theater.

Either way, why does the Abomination have a new look? The preview from issue 1 shows a different Abomination than the one in issue 3.

The fact it's 3 issues in, seems to indicate they're going somewhere with it.. and ask yourself, why all the mystery around it? Why reboot the title now? New readers are going to be more likely to jump on board if there's only 6 issues out (or pick up the inevitable TPB that'll be released shortly upon completion of the arc)

Sorry, there's just too much coincidence for me to just dismiss it outright.
your exactly right! think back to 2003. the june issue of the hulk stated a new story arch, it cost 25c to get peolpe buying it, and the story featured absorbing man. the movie opend in june 2003 and bruces father turned into a piss poor version of absorbing man!
oh, and in my opinion, if the is indeed the hulk turned red and not a clone or what not, its the worst idea since superman red and blue! as a hardcore hulk fan it really pissed me off when i saw the first image. why mess around with thing that much?? i bet if wolverine was turned purple every wolvie fan would be in uproar!

^Thats not a pic its a drawing.
that may be a painted image, but it still give you a good idea of how he will look. id be happy with a high res shot of that. we got nothin else at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"