Potential Sneak Peak At The Abomination? [ SPOILERS FOR HULK COMIC ]

I suppose it's possible, but they had that scene in the 2003 movie when his dad became the Absorbing Man. I doubt they'd want to remind people of that or confuse people further.

I don't see the correlation entirely - Absorbing Man in a movie that's diametrically opposed to TIH vs. Banner taking a cure in TIH? I mean, yeah, I can see what you're saying - it's almost the same type of scene - but isn't it a moot point to say it parallels the first movie too closely and that they wouldn't do it when we already know, in fact, that they are doing it, per the script reviews? Unless they remove the scene from the script, I don't see why it's not entirely possible.

True, I won't rule it out. I just don't know if they'd confuse people at this stage if he was red even for a second.

In other words, what's gained by having him red, even if it was a for a second?

It'd be one thing if Red Hulk was immensely popular or something at the moment.. as it stands, some movie goers would leave the theater and tell their friends, "I don't get it.. he was red for a second in the movie.. someone messed up their colors!"

I'd imagine they'd go with other nods to the fans instead.

That's just me though.

I'm not saying that scene isn't there, but I don't see him turning red at any point in the film personally.

True, I won't rule it out. I just don't know if they'd confuse people at this stage if he was red even for a second.

Well that's just it. It would be a wink to the fans. The general public wouldn't think twice about it.

In other words, what's gained by having him red, even if it was a for a second?

Only something that makes Hulk fans go ballistic and sets the stage for, or adds to, whatever is going on in the comics (which I admittedly don't follow).

It'd be one thing if Red Hulk was immensely popular or something at the moment.. as it stands, some movie goers would leave the theater and tell their friends, "I don't get it.. he was red for a second in the movie.. someone messed up their colors!"

People leaving the theater because they see a monster that's normally green turn red for a mere second... are you serious?? Yeah right, dude. And he doesn't have to be "immensely popular" for it to work. As I said earlier, it could be cutting-edge and/or set the stage for the comics. They're already thinking about the Avengers tie-in; I don't see why this would be any more of a stretch.

I'd imagine they'd go with other nods to the fans instead.

That's just me though.

I'm not saying that scene isn't there, but I don't see him turning red at any point in the film personally.

And that's fine. I'm just looking for reasons why it's possible, otherwise reasons to get excited. ;)

I can tell you who wouldbe turning RED if this happened in the movie. I would never trust Marvel again :bh:

People leaving the theater because they see a monster that's normally green turn red for a mere second... are you serious?? Yeah right, dude. And he doesn't have to be "immensely popular" for it to work. As I said earlier, it could be cutting-edge and/or set the stage for the comics. They're already thinking about the Avengers tie-in; I don't see why this would be any more of a stretch.

Sorry, wasn't clear.. I didn't mean to imply they'd be upset and leave the theater angry.. more like once the film was over, the word of mouth would be "why was he red in that one scene?" "ha! they're so afraid of being called Shrek/Gumby they made him red!" etc, etc.. basically, some people are just waiting to tear the film apart at this stage :D

And yeah, you're right about the Avengers thing.. good point.

And that's fine. I'm just looking for reasons why it's possible, otherwise reasons to get excited. ;)

No problem. Sorry I wasn't clear. Like everyone else, I'm hyped waiting for even the tiniest bit of news and wanted to get some thoughts on how feasible people thought this might be.

Sorry, wasn't clear.. I didn't mean to imply they'd be upset and leave the theater angry.. more like once the film was over, the word of mouth would be "why was he red in that one scene?" "ha! they're so afraid of being called Shrek/Gumby they made him red!" etc, etc.. basically, some people are just waiting to tear the film apart at this stage :D

And yeah, you're right about the Avengers thing.. good point.

No problem. Sorry I wasn't clear. Like everyone else, I'm hyped waiting for even the tiniest bit of news and wanted to get some thoughts on how feasible people thought this might be.

No problemo here either. Actually, I think I jumped the gun on my rendering of your leaving-the-theater comment. Should have known not to assume you meant during the movie. :whatever: :cwink: I just don't think it would be that big of a deal, with people lamenting over it or expressing confusion otherwise. After all, it would just be a side effect, a mere fraction of CGI out of an entire movie's worth of images - what's so difficult to grasp about that? They could pull it off by having him only approach a deep red hue, not even fully red. Oh well. I guess if it's too subtle, then it probably shouldn't be done at all. Plus, it seems we already have at least one person [cough, cough CJ cough cough] who hates the idea.

it seems we already have at least one person [cough, cough CJ cough cough] who hates the idea.

What difference does that make? I hated the Jellyfish, Gamma Sphear, Absorbing dad and the growing Hulk idea but they went ahead and did it anyways. And..............................Hmmmmmmmmmmm Sorry to but into the conversation. :O

What difference does that make? I hated the Jellyfish, Gamma Sphear, Absorbing dad and the growing Hulk idea but they went ahead and did it anyways. And..............................Hmmmmmmmmmmm Sorry to but into the conversation. :O

I see your point, the top of your head. :bow:

touché. Really though, I don't want to derail this thread as well.

Yeah, apologies if this ends up moved to the comics area.

I would say that if I was a betting man, I'd keep a close watch on the comic.. it won't be the same obviously, but it's great timing for Marvel to have a "clean slate" to work with on the character. (as opposed to say, what's going on with Captain America's comic and his film. :D)

If it turns out true, chances are future covers will be kept under wraps or censored like they did with a lot of recent Hulk comics. Of course, I think everyone hopes we'll find SOMETHING out in the next month or two.. so there's that to consider.

Maybe we'll get a teaser with Cloverfield.

So you think Abomb will be silver/blue in the movie also?

Abomination is going to be a greyish colour but his skin is kind of see through so you can see his veins and stuff but not like his heart beating and stuff like that.

Hulk is going to be the greyish green in this movie.

But he could be red in this movie! Check out the pic that Cth posted, Red Hulk has a scar above his eye, the concept art for this movie has Hulk with scars! He could be red in this movie! :oldrazz: :woot: :grin:

More info:

Abomination.jpg

Expect McGuinness to unleash a new, murderous look for the Hulk’s longtime nemesis. “The best Hulk stories are the ones where the Hulk is going up against someone who is formidable—where you actually believe he’s going to get his ass handed to him,” says Loeb of Abomination’s threat potential. However, this next fight may go much differently than before.

“Because of the [change in Hulk’s] power, he’s very much a force of nature. It isn’t just that he’s smashing things, he’s actually changing things as he’s growing and growing more powerful.”

Weird..

----------

Note the 2.1 .. he's definitely changing.

More info:

Abomination.jpg

Expect McGuinness to unleash a new, murderous look for the Hulk’s longtime nemesis. “The best Hulk stories are the ones where the Hulk is going up against someone who is formidable—where you actually believe he’s going to get his ass handed to him,” says Loeb of Abomination’s threat potential. However, this next fight may go much differently than before.

“Because of the [change in Hulk’s] power, he’s very much a force of nature. It isn’t just that he’s smashing things, he’s actually changing things as he’s growing and growing more powerful.”

Weird..

----------

Note the 2.1 .. he's definitely changing.

Ok I am definetely lost here. s this guy even really the Hulk or just another gamma spawned creature. And why and how does Abomination change to develop bone portrusions.

Yeah, no one knows.

Hulk is getting new powers.. possibly causing things to burst into flames the angrier he gets (or himself burning -- nuclear radiation or something I'd imagine)

Pics have him smouldering and on fire.

Red%20Hulk.jpg

Red%20Hulk%20Sketch.jpg

Ok I am definetely lost here. s this guy even really the Hulk or just another gamma spawned creature. And why and how does Abomination change to develop bone portrusions.
if its the hulk, then marvel has gone to far this time. they finaly got hulk back to being interesting and giving him his own personality in planet hulk/world war hulk. now they want to turn him red?? and as for abomination changing, for the worse imho, wtf?? how or why?? if it aint broke, dont fix it. i really dont think abomination needed to be updated.

He will be clear in the movie not blueish/gray.

Not saying you are wrong but he is not going to be clear like you can see right through him. He is going to be a greyish colour and some parts of him will be slightly see through, not like you can see right into his insides but just like his veins and stuff.

EB described it as the Senator from X2, I can't remember that film and what the clearish Senator looked like but that is what EB described it as.

I like the look of Abomination with the bones, and im curious whats up with red hulk. Speaking of abomie, does anyone have a pic of Ultimate Abomination? I have still yet to see what he looks like, and havent really kept up with the ultimates.

Well, the chin looks like it was swiped from Doomsday, but I like it a heck of a lot more than the Ultimate Abomination. :ikyn

Actually.... when Ed McGuinness was drawing Superman for DC he had a re-envisioned Abomomination. He used that idea to do his Doomsday design.

So now the Abomb is back with Ed's original revamp concept. And wait till you see what color he really is... :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"