• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pride and Predjudice and Zombies is a go.

She is. If you read the description of Elizabeth given by Jane Austen you'll see she lines up with Keira perfectly.

Nothing wrong with Jennifer. The two can stand side by side. Same with aishwarya rai from bride and prejudice.
I have read the description, yes KK did look and was around the same age as Lizzie at the time, but portrayal wise Lizzie wasn't snarky with petulant facial expressions.

That's your opinion though.

It's just wrong ;)

I have read the description, yes KK did look and was around the same age as Lizzie at the time, but portrayal wise Lizzie wasn't snarky with petulant facial expressions.

I haven't seen P&P with Knightley, but I'm reading the book right now and Elizabeth is snarky as hell, albeit in a very British, reserved manner. Austen's humor shows in about every paragraph of the book.

I wouldn't call her stuck up, but she allows her passions to fly high quite often, especially around Darcy. She gives the man the cold shoulder for nearly all of what I've read so far, and I could see this being portrayed with "petulant facial expressions".

Of course, I haven't seen the movie so what do I know.

Last edited:
Longer trailer, very different tone than the 1st:

Might be a rental for me.

I said the joke in the book got old real quick and it looks like the film will do the same. Maybe Jane Austin fans can see the humour in it.

The book is basically Pride and Prejudice with Zombies, it's quite a literal title. It's more or less just dialog and certain character actions being altered to incorporate zombie attacks. I read it out of curiosity of the concept and found about 75% of the book was basically just Pride and Prejudice, so it was pretty boring IMO. I think you really have to be into Jane Austin to appreciate it.

This looks like ****. It would have been way more fun if it was played like Shaun of the dead. I want to see regular people our of their element trying to fight zombies, non of this underworld ********.

This looks like ****. It would have been way more fun if it was played like Shaun of the dead. I want to see regular people our of their element trying to fight zombies, non of this underworld ********.

that actually happens in the book. it's dangerous for people to walk to countryside because of the dangers of zombies.

remember in the book when Jane falls ill and Mr. Bingley's and Elizabeth walks to see her? it's dangerous now because of all the zombie attacks etc lol

it's ridiculous and it will probably be ridiculous on screen but there are lots of worse things haha

Hot women drinking tea and killing zombies. Das it, mayne. I will rent it.

So, is it serious or comedic :dry:? Both trailers have completely different tones. I'll see this for Lily James, though. Hopefully, it's better than Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which was a total bore.

I read it out of curiosity of the concept and found about 75% of the book was basically just Pride and Prejudice, so it was pretty boring IMO. I think you really have to be into Jane Austin to appreciate it.

Whereas the trailer looked to me like 90% zombies. Pass. I'm zombied out.

So, is it serious or comedic :dry:? Both trailers have completely different tones. I'll see this for Lily James, though. Hopefully, it's better than Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which was a total bore.

i think it's going to be a bit of both? the cast is pretty strong for this to be just a big giant joke. but either way i don't really care lol

I haven't seen P&P with Knightley, but I'm reading the book right now and Elizabeth is snarky as hell, albeit in a very British, reserved manner. Austen's humor shows in about every paragraph of the book.

I wouldn't call her stuck up, but she allows her passions to fly high quite often, especially around Darcy. She gives the man the cold shoulder for nearly all of what I've read so far, and I could see this being portrayed with "petulant facial expressions".

Of course, I haven't seen the movie so what do I know.
I didn't find book Lizzie snarky as in a snarky "*****y" way KK portrayed her, but curt and "petulant" as in an immature childish way KK portrayed her towards Darcy and Collins.

That's your opinion though.

It's just wrong ;)
I agree your opinion is wrong. :woot:

i think it's going to be a bit of both? the cast is pretty strong for this to be just a big giant joke. but either way i don't really care lol

Yeah, the cast is good. I didn't notice at first but Charles Dance, Matt Smith and Lena Headey were in that trailer too :up:.

CUMA2fiWwAAempL.jpg:large

She's wearing trousers.

Yeah, Sam as Darcy, Bella Something as Jane and Lily as Elizabeth seems perfectly cast for me. Can't wait to see this.

So a friend of mine just saw a free screening of this and said it was surprisingly fun. Apparently it was much more of a comedy than the trailers are suggesting and Matt Smith damn near stole the show (though she's a Doctor Who fan so I'm not sure she's being objective there, lol). She said this is like her "Kingsman" of this year, because she also thought that one looked like garbage and ended up really enjoying it.

I'm still skeptical (she's had questionable taste in the past, ngl), but I'll be giving it a shot for sure.

Last edited:
Since I haven't read the book, it looks like they are adding in a lot more material related to zombie attacks and what not.

I'm confused, are the zombies smart or something? It looks like they are also fighting with non-zombies here too?

I saw a tv spot for this while watching the flash and it looks way better than Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

I honestly was expecting a lot worse from the premise but it doesn't look horrible. The title says it all. Hopefully for what it is it just takes the ridiculousness and goes for it.

And Lily James in this trailer.

LL

Last edited:
I saw a trailer for this while watching Hateful 8 the other day. I still think it's going to be kinda meh but at least it looks better than Abraham Lincoln.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"