• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Priest (2010).

I would get banned. :o

This movie is basicly Judge Dredd. Except worse.

Im curious to see this movie but not in the theaters, I can wait to catch it in sept on netflix. Having said that I wouldnt be surprised if this bombs miserably.. I wonder if anyone saw the movie poster and thought this will be a movie based on assasins creed.

Im curious to see this movie but not in the theaters, I can wait to catch it in sept on netflix. Having said that I wouldnt be surprised if this bombs miserably.. I wonder if anyone saw the movie poster and thought this will be a movie based on assasins creed.

This movie looks so bad, it'll probably hit netflix in July

The movie is 88 minutes. It FLYS the **** buy. You never get to know any characters, you never get to understand the plot...atleast for the first hour or so. I dont know what happend afterwards. It was just too stupid.

IMO Daybreakers is the best vampire movie made post Twilight. And this movie pretty much rips off it. Replace the vampire world, with a godworld...it's the same thing. But less creative, and cool.

They had the same kind of vampires too. They're bald and creepy, and can be weird alien things....

Karl Urban did nothing...maybe he had more after I left...but his name in the flick is Black Hat. (Per IMDB credits...)We see him get snatched at the beginning by Vampires, and Paul's character is sad. We dont know why....and so we dont care.

The after credits opening scene(There are a total of 3 opening scenes...one is Karl getting snatched...the other is A CARTOON DEPICTING THE BATTLES WITH THE VAMPIRES....WHAT THE HELL) is this attack on a farm right? And after that, this dude comes to the Priest's door and says "Yer niece was taken!"

There was never a hint about that....it was so random.

Also, this flick is JUST LIKE Judge Dredd.

Replace Priest with Dredd, replace Plummer with Max Von Sydow...and there you go. I mean it's crazy how close it is.

The villian was a former Judge/Priest.
They live in a totalitaryesq socity.
They both end up betraying what they are to do the "right thing".
Both have scenes in which the hero argues with the head leader in a big room....
Both ride motorcycles ****ing everywhere....

I really want to see this movie. I'm just hoping I dont hate it..like with leigon, Angels, machine guns...how cool was that....then i saw the movie..ughhhh

I saw an interview where the director said that Legion was his warm up for this movie. I just thought that was all kinds of sad.

This movie looks so bad, it'll probably hit netflix in July

I wouldnt be surprised. I mean wasnt this promoted as a big movie a year ago? I remember hearing so much gossip about it and now that its here i dont hear a peep of buzz outside that stupid sony trailer challenge I see on youtube. Paul bettany needs to get a new agent before his career goes up in flames, really good actor bad eye for material.

Whats the over under this thing doesnt make more then 10 million this weekend?

this was filmed with 3D cameras right?

this is a post conversion? in the name of god.

I thought this looked like a Judge Dredd wannabe. Which is why I was shocked Karl Urban signed on to be the new Dredd. I guess he's banking on no one seeing this movie so that they won't start typecasting him.

The movie is 88 minutes. It FLYS the **** buy. You never get to know any characters, you never get to understand the plot...atleast for the first hour or so. I dont know what happend afterwards. It was just too stupid.

IMO Daybreakers is the best vampire movie made post Twilight. And this movie pretty much rips off it. Replace the vampire world, with a godworld...it's the same thing. But less creative, and cool.

They had the same kind of vampires too. They're bald and creepy, and can be weird alien things....

Karl Urban did nothing...maybe he had more after I left...but his name in the flick is Black Hat. (Per IMDB credits...)We see him get snatched at the beginning by Vampires, and Paul's character is sad. We dont know why....and so we dont care.

The after credits opening scene(There are a total of 3 opening scenes...one is Karl getting snatched...the other is A CARTOON DEPICTING THE BATTLES WITH THE VAMPIRES....WHAT THE HELL) is this attack on a farm right? And after that, this dude comes to the Priest's door and says "Yer niece was taken!"

There was never a hint about that....it was so random.

Also, this flick is JUST LIKE Judge Dredd.

Replace Priest with Dredd, replace Plummer with Max Von Sydow...and there you go. I mean it's crazy how close it is.

The villian was a former Judge/Priest.
They live in a totalitaryesq socity.
They both end up betraying what they are to do the "right thing".
Both have scenes in which the hero argues with the head leader in a big room....
Both ride motorcycles ****ing everywhere....

Ya,they just basically blew thru the plot without really explaining it..Ya, vampires were the villain,but you had that head priest trying to control all aspects of the city,but they didn't go into any story of that or focus on that. They didn't really give any backround between BlackHat/Priest so you don't know why there was any history between those two..It just alot of plot holes.
I liked Karl Urbans character and he could of been really good,but he got no major screen time except towards the end. I liked the fight scene,but again you felt no feelings towards either one as no backround.

What's happened to Paul Bettany lately? I think he's one of the best actors of his generation, but between this crap and Legion, he's starting to look like the British Brendan Fraser (i.e. good actor who picks sh** roles).

Wasn't that bad
my small audience seeded to dig it.

And it wasn't as bad as some of the tripe nostalgia has us championing in the name of geek-dom.

6/10

nice photography.

pretty bad movie..

once again Karl Urban proves to be the worst actor in the world (who thinks he's a good actor)...i hate him! go away!

about 30min of the movie is every character riding a motorcycle in an extremely empty and white'd out desert... not even kidding.
the movie was so pointless and short... the Priest doesnt meet the villain until the climax. The whole evil Church storyline can be seen in its entirety in the trailer.

there's also plenty of obvious scenes where they had to keep it pg-13... like a scene where a trainman gets killed and what seems to look like water splashes on the wall. and someone gets chopped into pieces and there's just cg chucks with no blood.

super dry performances by maggie Q and paul bettany...
now cam gigandet is only here to look pretty, and spout out one of the worst/cringe worthy one liners ive ever heard... he overacts in every other scene.

Karl Urbans character says "join me and we can rule the world together" and other villainous garbage like that.

however, when there was action i was entertained... and the opening animation by genndy tartakovsky was superb and for some reason gorey and R rated..unlike the movie.

5 out of 10... but im never watching this crap again like legion.
and im done with 3D

Watched it last night. I enjoyed it more than Thor.

Besides the sorry excuse for the plot and the bland characters, the thing I hated most about this was the look. It's identical to just about every "post-apocalyptic" movie of the past decade. Bleaching out the colors and boosting the contrast does not make your movie look creative or edgy, it just makes it look boring.

once again Karl Urban proves to be the worst actor in the world (who thinks he's a good actor)...i hate him! go away!
He was awesome as Bones in Star Trek. I won't even start to defend anything about Priest, though. Why did any of you see it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"