• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Priest (2010).

This looked like Legion 2 to me in the trailers but I wanted to be fair and not judge it yet. I didn't know it came out already , luckily I was able to see some of the reviews and avoid this one.

What's happened to Paul Bettany lately? I think he's one of the best actors of his generation, but between this crap and Legion, he's starting to look like the British Brendan Fraser (i.e. good actor who picks sh** roles).

funny thing...they were in a movie called Inkheart together last year or so.

this was the biggest piece of **** film i've seen in about a year...

this was a crapfest. the pacing and editing started out bad in the first 20 minutes but it got better. the story was all kinds of weak. it just was bad

Well I had predicted this film and Dylan Dog being the 2 lowest in the string of comic book films we were getting this year.

Well I had predicted this film and Dylan Dog being the 2 lowest in the string of comic book films we were getting this year.

Same here. I'm just glad theat neither of them were comics I care about.

Also glad that neither are superhero comics per se, so it won't hurt that genre.

dayam, i was wanting to see this too. Is it really as bad as everyone says?

for those who played red dead redemption. did the bad guy look like the main character john maston from the game?

saw it lastnite, it wasnt that bad, although it wasnt good neither. Maggie Q rocked

It wasnt horrible but it wasnt great. It was simple and enjoyable for the most part. Would make a good tv show though since they would probably get to explore everything better.

I watched this movie for five minutes after seeing Bridesmaids, and I walked out. It was a s**t.

Super late, but...

Priest Review

Priest tells the story of a conflict between humans and vampires. To solve the issue, the society learns that certain warriors called “Priests” are the perfect weapon to ending the war and settling peace within the town. However, once the fight was “over” and the vampires were no longer a threat, the society didn’t look at priests as important assets anymore. Time passes, and one of the priests’ named “Priest” (Paul Bettany) nieces is kidnapped by vampires, leaded by the one known as “Black Hat” played by Karl Urban. Priest goes against the church and God wanting to save his niece. With the help of the young Sheriff Hicks (Cam Gigandet) they must hunt, find, and kill the vampires before they turn the niece into a vampire and go to the city that believed those creatures didn’t exist anymore.
Priest-1.jpg

Story: As hard as it was, it was difficult to not sound biased in the synopsis. I wasn’t expecting much from this movie, but walked in with an open mind. However 87 minutes later, I was still waiting for something, anything to impress me. Priest wasn’t a terrible movie, as it’s quite an improvement over Scott Stewart’s Legion was. The thing that bugged me the most about this movie, is that I feel it could have been a great film (using priests as a hero, fighting demons/vampires sounded awesome) but instead, the story played it excessively safe, following the same post apocalyptic theme.

Acting: Another flaw about the movie: the acting. Every character’s role in this movie was so bland, and once again, it was most likely due to the story, leading into poor character development, (a necessity of mine for a movie to be successful). I believe Paul Bettany has potential, he just needs to stop picking rotten movies. Cam Gigandet, was nothing really special, but since he’s a fresh face, and I’ve seen him in few movies, I’m much more forgiving. Lastly, Karl Urban. Stick to Star Trek.

See it? Rent it? or Ditch it?: Priest suffers from a poorly written story and bland and boring characters, making it an easily forgettable film. Not even the one or two impressive action scenes make this movie worth seeing. This may please the super super super hardcore vampire/post apocalyptic movie goers, but one’s more likely to be entertained more by the first Underworld movie. Ditch it.
4/10

Last edited:
Though since they had Maggie Q they couldve given her some amazing fight scenes. ANd thinking abotu it now, I would love to see Maggie in Underworld or she wouldve made a great Angel (Charlies Angels)

I agree with you Primal Slayer, this movie wasted the potential of some of its actors/actresses.

Well, finally got to see this tonight, I will say for the record that I enjoyed Legion despite its bad reviews, its a guilty pleasure of mine though I admit its not a well constructed movie, so I was expecting an improvement with this being Scott Stewarts 2nd movie, and overall, it really wasnt.

One thing I will say for him, the guy knows how to do action/fight scene's in his movies, in both Legion and Priest I found them to be quite entertaining. BUT, the guy just cant do story, the story in Priest is practically non-existant, we find out more as the movie goes on, but its base point is just non existant, too much is left unexplained before we are thrust straight into the chase aspect of the movie. A little more time should have been spent with Priest to show how **** his life really had become since 'the war' as they call it in the movie and to show the sacrifices he made to live the life he has.

Also, the bad guy and Priest were meant to be best friends in the past, we also see nothing of this, so there is just no emotion to their rivalry, not to mention we hardly spend any time with the bad guy himself, Black Hat. Its a real shame, all the ingredients were here to make a decent movie, a good lead actor, some good supporting players, a 'potentially' good story, mixed with action scene's that entertained, but they just screwed up with the story, and left too much unexplained, with the movie essentially flopping as well, we wont get more story, 5.5/10.

Yes he can. He's the biggest underrated actor in the past 10 years.

THis movie was not that bad. I've seen worse.

I enjoyed it, warts and all.

Films like this are usually up my alley, but over the years I've grown increasingly frustrated by one bad story after another. I've eventually gave up on the genre for the most part.

this movie bombed.. only made 77mil with its 60mil budget.... not to mention it had superbowl spots, and tonss of marketing

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"