problems with your wii

look in the manuel, it probably says something like 'User discretion advised.':oldrazz:

Also Mr. Credible, saying that Nintendo is responsible for the broken tv's is like saying McDonalds was really responsible for the lady spilling hot coffee all over herself.:whatever:

See, this is why I am not buying any new systems! I boycott them for now. I don't feel like spending hundreds for things that screw up or I have to risk my life to get! If you think about it, girls are just like these consols. Spend a bunch of money, risk everything, they both don't work when you want them too, and if it wasn't enough spent in the beginning, you gotta buy more stuff for it so you can do something withh em. But, I guess they are both worth it.

Mr. Credible said:
so i wonder if nintendo's going to do anything about these broken tv's? it is kind of their fault, whether or not you guys want to admit it.

So it is Nintendo's fault for people misusing their Wiimotes which causes the strap to break?

Well, its America! We never blame the right people!

Brainiac 8 said:
Also Mr. Credible, saying that Nintendo is responsible for the broken tv's is like saying McDonalds was really responsible for the lady spilling hot coffee all over herself.:whatever:

no, it's not the same thing... not even close.

-the lady ordered a hot coffee, and spilled it = her fault.

-people swing a wii-mote, meant to be swung, without any directions on how hard you should or shouldn't swing, along with a faulty strap meant to keep it in your hand (which proves nintendo knew there was a risk of the wii-mote slipping) = nintendo's fault.

Spidey-Bat said:
So it is Nintendo's fault for people misusing their Wiimotes which causes the strap to break?

how were they misusing?

where's the disclamer telling me not to swing "too hard"?

if i'm going to play 'virtual baseball' or whatever, and i'm going to swing a virtual bat, i'm going to swing that damn virtual bat like the real thing. so are ost people that pick up this console. what's the point of 'immersion' if you have to play these games half-assed?

it is not common sense not to swing these things with all you've got. especially to the kids and non-gamers that nintendo is marketing this system to.

You're trying so hard to make Nintendo look bad.

you make it sound like i'm making stuff up. i'm not.

nintendo made a faulty controller wrist strap, and didn't give people any guidance as to how soft or hard they should swing while playing, and people are breaking stuff due to that fact.

end of story.

i am not trying "so hard" to make nintendo look bad, they're doing it on their own, without trying.

So let's see the list so far:

-Some won't run without "startup discs"
-Some are rejecting discs
-Some are not powering up
-Wrist straps do not work
-Shortage of Nunchuk controllers and Wiimotes (I work and retail and I can assure you this IS a problem)

By far and wide, this is easily Nintendo's most defective system launch in their company's history. So, is that all, or is there anything else to add to the list?

Timstuff said:
So let's see the list so far:

-Some won't run without "startup discs"
-Some are rejecting discs
-Some are not powering up
-Wrist straps do not work
-Shortage of Nunchuk controllers and Wiimotes (I work and retail and I can assure you this IS a problem)

By far and wide, this is easily Nintendo's most defective system launch in their company's history. So, is that all, or is there anything else to add to the list?

There are few cases of any of those 3 things happening. And if they do, Nintendo is replacing them free of charge.

The wrist straps do work. The problem is people are using them incorrectly which causes them to break.

The shortages of Nunchuks and Wiimotes is not a problem with the Wii. And even those are being re supplied rapidly.

This isn't the most defective system launch in Nintendo's history.

Mr. Credible said:
how were they misusing?

where's the disclamer telling me not to swing "too hard"?

if i'm going to play 'virtual baseball' or whatever, and i'm going to swing a virtual bat, i'm going to swing that damn virtual bat like the real thing. so are ost people that pick up this console. what's the point of 'immersion' if you have to play these games half-assed?

it is not common sense not to swing these things with all you've got. especially to the kids and non-gamers that nintendo is marketing this system to.

They are swinging with full force. If you read the booklets, it says how not to use the Wiimote.

Go ahead and swing as hard as you can, but that is not how to do it. It won't make a difference on how hard you swing. It is common sense to not put all your strength into playing that way. You will only hurt yourself and the game doesn't read it any differently.

The wrist strap breaks because Nintendo didn't make it properly. The only conditions under which you'd actually need the wrist strap are the same conditions under which it breaks. It's a useless piece of junk.

The wrist strap was made so it wouldn't slip out of your hands if they were sweaty or you lose your grip. The wiimote was not made to be swung with all your strength. The strap breaks because people are using it incorrectly.

Well it sometimes smells like.......oh.....you mean this ISN'T the SDI Forum?

Um...okay.

(i'll close the door behind me.)

:csad:

some of you guys need to remember how the xbox 360 launch went. in comparison...nintendo is doing alot better. little problems here n there but for the most part , alot better then 360.

I threw my wrist strap away when I got my Wii.

I have mine on the Wii and I rarely use it. I don't need it because I can hold onto it and I don't use every bit of strength when I swing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"