Product Placement... What did you catch?

neemer5

Civilian
Reaction score
I really get annoyed by product placement in films, especially lately, and some of the ones in X3 were so blatant, I wanted to hurl.
The most obvious one I noticed was the Mercedes G-Class SUV on the bridge. When they cut to a happy family driving by with the kids playing video games in the rear seats, I almost wanted to get up, because I thought it was an intermission. Then the car somehow stayed in most of the bridge shots, front and center, with no visible damage. Looks like Benz also gave Xavier the Maybach, but at least it wasn't too blatant. Ugh.
The other big one I noticed was that all the computer monitors were Dells. Well, probably not actual Dells, but they all had the Dell logo on them.
Did anyone catch anything else?

FOX 5 news! On everything! Gack!

There was a 7-Eleven logo on the trolley car during the Golden Gate Bridge scene.

There was a big screen shot of some video game I think...

Also, there was many, many advertisements for El Crapo throughout the film.

did anyone realize that when they were leaving off the x-wing for the final battle. When the camera was fixed on Bobby/Iceman the head rest clearly showed PS3, but no other head rest was shown??

bigmak1979 said:
did anyone realize that when they were leaving off the x-wing for the final battle. When the camera was fixed on Bobby/Iceman the head rest clearly showed PS3, but no other head rest was shown??

I did too. I could see the same stitching on Kitty's seat, but could not see the number. I thought how blatantly tacky.

PS=Passenger Sear
3= 3rd Row

Aiden said:
PS=Passenger Sear
3= 3rd Row

Of course that it what it would signify, but the PS3 was in the same font as the playstation 3. That is what is funny. Otherwise how tarded it would be to put PS on a seat in the back of a plane. That would be like me putting PS on the back seats in my car. Yes officer, Kitty was in PS2 and Bobby was in PS3 and for your ease, the seats are clearly marked so that you can see that is where a passenger would sit.

pdrumans said:
Of course that it what it would signify, but the PS3 was in the same font as the playstation 3. That is what is funny. Otherwise how tarded it would be to put PS on a seat in the back of a plane. That would be like me putting PS on the back seats in my car. Yes officer, Kitty was in PS2 and Bobby was in PS3 and for your ease, the seats are clearly marked so that you can see that is where a passenger would sit.

At least that's a bit clever (assuming it was intentional).

Heretic said:
There was a big screen shot of some video game I think...

Also, there was many, many advertisements for El Crapo throughout the film.

:confused:

Dell. Who couldn't spot the huge Dell logo on the monitor as they watched the news?

at least it wasn't as bad as that scene in fantastic four, after the x-games thing.

Heretic said:
There was a big screen shot of some video game I think

Yeah with the Family in the car on the Bridge Magneto turned around to look at the Mom who locked her car door :o Her kids was showng playing a Video Game on TV in the Car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"