What's The Crime In Product Placement?

Dodge just killed this movie for me. :o

LoL no it really doesn't bother me in the least.

Carp Man said:
Because some of us want to watch a movie without all the distractions. :yay:

No offense, but you seem like you're easily distracted.

TripleF said:
What was Johnny supposed to use for popcorn? Zippy Pop popcorn, just so there would not be product placement for Jiffy Pop Popcorn?

staypuft.jpg

There is no real Stay-Puft marshmallow company. He was still funny.

Obi-Ron said:
staypuft.jpg

There is no real Stay-Puft marshmallow company. He was still funny.

:huh: :huh: I don't see the connection, but ok.

Carp Man said:
Because some of us want to watch a movie without all the distractions.

What's all this talk about "The Fantasticar finally revealed" ? :huh:
I keep looking for the pic but all I see is a bunch of giant, throbbing Dodge logos.

:rolleyes:

Wilhelm-Scream said:
What's all this talk about "The Fantasticar finally revealed" ? :huh:
I keep looking for the pic but all I see is a bunch of giant, throbbing Dodge logos.

:rolleyes:

fantastic-four-large.jpg

The Thing 2005 aims to please. :word:

I actually find it more distracting when characters are drinking from a blank red and white can, or they go to "J-Mart" instead of "K-Mart".
Kind of like how it ruins the illusion when the hot chick gives the guy her phone number and it's "555-55, 55".

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I actually find it more distracting when characters are drinking from a blank red and white can, or they go to "J-Mart" instead of "K-Mart".
Kind of like how it ruins the illusion when the hot chick gives the guy her phone number and it's "555-55, 55".

I totally agree. althought It would be hilarious. They did that in a movie once, I can't think of the name.

Carp Man said:
The Thing 2005 aims to please. :word:

Sarcasm, dude, he was being sarcastic.

Oh wait, you were too? yeah.

Wilhelm-Scream said:

Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Obi-Ron said:
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

That's a corner convience store here, you'll find cigarettes, beer, cokes, chips, thats about it. lol

If done with moderation i've got no problem with product placement.Half the time you don't even notice it anyway.

When you have too much it can date the movie. So not all of Reed's investions need to be sponsored.

Haven't the FF gotten corporate sponsorship in the comics before? Or did they make money solely on patents for Reed's inventions?

But as for the whole Dodge logos on the Fantasticar, I honestly didn't even notice until it became a topic online. And even now that I notice it, it's not even obvious to a casual observer.

Retroman said:
If done with moderation i've got no problem with product placement.Half the time you don't even notice it anyways.

I agree... I didn't even know there were logos until someone pointed it out.

hunter rider said:
Iron Maiden!!! *Waves*:woot::yay:

Sorry, HR....waving back at ya... been a bit busy and just now saw this. Nice to see I am remembered.

I still check in a bit when I get a chance to see what news you guys have all turned up on the movie.

nothing wrong with product placement if it's done in a subtle way

don't you just hate it when you're watching tv and the characters are obviously drinking a pespi but it just generically says "cola" even though the font/colors are still in pepsi-style?

it makes it easier to relate to if it's not in your face

2 examples:

1) spider-man testing out his webbing on a can of dr pepper. no big deal, it's simple and works b/c it's a one-shot and you might not even notice it

2) reed "i'm the smartest freaking man on the planet" richards inventing a flying car using dodge parts

unless there's a direct line in the movie saying that the F4 was strapped for cash or he's a dodge aficionado (which i highly doubt), it's seems cheezed to hell

TripleF said:
I don't think Coke, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, McDonald's, BK, etc leaving town anytime soon.
What about Atari, Pan-Am, TWA, the Bell company, Cuisinart?

3 Dev Adam said:
Atari's still alive.
The old Atari company, renamed Midway Games died in 2003. The new Atari, which is a totally different company is going bankrupt.

See? There's still chance for an Atari MK 3 by the time of Blade Runner! :-)

Given that the FF are celebrities and they´re supposed to have sponsors and stuff - they do have in the comics too - it´s not that big a deal. Plus it´s discreet. It´s not like they have the frikking Audi circles on the front.

Pickle-El said:
Why is it everytime I read a Lightnin thread, I feel like I'm about to start my next English class assignment? :O

Where's the rest of your post? Is this all you're going to turn in for extra credit?

F+

Heh. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"