Proof(D12) was shot Dead this morning...

unfortunately, I think eminem is no longer capable of making "amazing albums"

deemar325 said:
I guess Kirk Cobain got what he deserved also? Get out of here with that mess a man died.

It was a consequence of his lifestyle.

War Lord said:
What so I shouldn't feel sorry for miners when they die because "its a consequence of their lifestyle"...pfft:mad: :down

ShadowBoxing said:
What so I shouldn't feel sorry for miners when they die because "its a consequence of their lifestyle"...pfft:mad: :down
and cops

and firemen

and soldiers

and stewardesses

ShadowBoxing said:

Miners don't advocate through their occupations rape of females and killing of police officers and "The Man."

War Lord said:
Same on both accounts. Now I really said that to see your reaction of course, my point is for every 50-cent theres a Common, for every Ja Rule theres a Talib Kweli, for every Ying Yang twins theres an Outkast.So your statements are really shallow and ignorant. I'm not fond of Bon Jovi and Motley Crue yet I'm not condeming all of rock&roll.For every Tommy Lee theres a Paul McCartney, so please stop it with the ******ation.

War Lord said:
Miners don't advocate through their occupations rape of females and killing of police officers and "The Man."
Or Hairbands who do the samething or Thrash Metal and Hate Metal and all the satananic rock groups and morons like Gwar and Marylin Manson.Please you have no ground to stand on.

I'm against all music that advocates evil. It's not a style problem for me, but a value one. However, this thread isn't about music in general that advocates badness, but rap and so that's what I need to respond to.

You tell me that there is rap that advocates good and that may very well be true. Unfortunately, that's not the stuff that gets advertised, artists promote, makes millions, and what kids emulate. If kids emulated the so-called good rap, they wouldn't be dropping out of school, dropping into drugs and ending up in jail and less then successful lifestyles.

Ultimately, some rapper can open a bunch of libraries and donate millions to some cause to get kids to make something of themselves, but it means nothing when his music is advocating the opposite because kids are more receptive to the music, not his words or actions.

War Lord said:
I'm against all music that advocates evil. It's not a style problem for me, but a value one. However, this thread isn't about music in general that advocates badness, but rap and so that's what I need to respond to.

You tell me that there is rap that advocates good and that may very well be true. Unfortunately, that's not the stuff that gets advertised, artists promote, makes millions, and what kids emulate. If kids emulated the so-called good rap, they wouldn't be dropping out of school, dropping into drugs and ending up in jail and less then successful lifestyles.

Ultimately, some rapper can open a bunch of libraries and donate millions to some cause to get kids to make something of themselves, but it means nothing when his music is advocating the opposite because kids are more receptive to the music, not his words or actions.
Thats a rather ambiguous term

ShadowBoxing said:
Thats a rather ambiguous term

Music that advocates rebellion and the uglyness of this world is not an ambiguous term, imo.

I think most people have a pretty good idea as to what is good and evil.

Can any sane person really define raping biatches and killing cops as a good thing?

War Lord said:

Now heres the thing who owns those record companies that distributes these 'Evils' and artist labels really don't count, they don't send the music out nation wide, it's the big corprations EMI, SONY, WARNER, VIRGIN.

War Lord said:
Music that advocates rebellion and the uglyness of this world is not an ambiguous term, imo.

Can any sane person really define raping biatches and killing cops as a good thing?
You have a point. Yet why the uproar when it's a black artist when guys like Fred Durst and his ilk are no better? It's a double standard.

i alwayz thought 50 cent would be shot next, not proof.

deemar325 said:
You have a point. Yet why the uproar when it's a black artist when guys like Fred Durst and his ilk are no better? It's a double standard.

I don't know who Fred Durst is, but if he's advocating the same crap, than I am against him as well.

and i bet if 50 cent were to be shot, he would still survive!
then he would start rapping bout how he survived another bullet
and so on. damn, nothing is fair in this life. :mad:

deemar325 said:
Now heres the thing who owns those record companies that distributes these 'Evils' and artist labels really don't count, they don't send the music out nation wide, it's the big corprations EMI, SONY, WARNER, VIRGIN.

However, if people didn't buy these records, the record companies would either have to change what they promote or they would have to go out of business.

War Lord said:
I don't know who Fred Durst is, but if he's advocating the same crap, than I am against him as well.
At least your an equal opportunity critic.

Swiftman said:
and i bet if 50 cent were to be shot, he would still survive!
then he would start rapping bout how he survived another bullet
and so on. damn, nothing is fair in this life. :mad:

If you cut off his head, would he survive that too.

Hell, he probably has.

War Lord said:

I don't. Do you honestly believe that when philosophers can never agree on definitions for such a thing? I mean what is good but the position you are most sympathetic too. You see someone like Batman or maybe Superman as symbols of good, but to someone else they are pure evil. And perhaps they are right. Our police and criminal justice system (and society) produces as many criminals as it locks up. You don't see an evil in that as well. If rappers are evil for touting the killing of people and raping then certainly America, Britian and pretty much every other country is no better. America promoted and does promote genocide. So perhaps these rappers and musicians are rebelling against a greater evil, their own country. To say one person promotes evil is to say that whatever viewpoint you promote is good. Yet all moral doctrines have imbedded prejudices, and evils that shine through in their execution.

War Lord said:
However, if people didn't buy these records, the record companies would either have to change what they promote or they would have to go out of business.
For me it's the old saying "It only takes a few rotten apples to spoil the bunch."

War Lord said:
If you cut off his head, would he survive that too.

Hell, he probably has.
your right he probably has...

ShadowBoxing said:
I don't. Do you honestly believe that when philosophers can never agree on definitions for such a thing? I mean what is good but the position you are most sympathetic too. You see someone like Batman or maybe Superman as symbols of good, but to someone else they are pure evil. And perhaps they are right. Our police and criminal justice system (and society) produces as many criminals as it locks up. You don't see an evil in that as well. If rappers are evil for touting the killing of people and raping then certainly America, Britian and pretty much every other country is no better. America promoted and does promote genocide. So perhaps these rappers and musicians are rebelling against a greater evil, their own country. To say one person promotes evil is to say that whatever viewpoint you promote is good. Yet all moral doctrines have imbedded prejudices, and evils that shine through in their execution.
Well said, and oh Fox News is the best example of the 'moral doctrines' that conceal prejudice and fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"