The Amazing Spider-Man Pros and Cons of the casting choices from TAS and Spider-Man 2002

Old and withering? LOLOL:oldrazz:

I thought the ASM cast was amazing.

Garfield fit the teenager profile way better than Maguire did. Especially considering that he's older than Toby was!

totally agree.He's only a couple years older than Mcguire was when he did the role.Garfield is 28 and Mcguire was 25.Thats why I laughed at the absurdity that Garfield was too old for the role.He looks no olderr than Mcguire did at all back then.Garfield also can actually act.Something Mcguire has never figured out to do in ALL his movies yet.lol.He couldnt act if his life depended on it.

Last edited:
Aunt May-Sally Field is too young for the role.Good point.No argument there.thats obvious.I dont understand why hollywood refuses to bring back the same actors or actresses from previous adapations when doing revamps.With the Nolan Batman films that was very much understandable, but with TAS that makes no sense that they did not bring back Rosemary Harris for the role.She was Aunt May brought to life from the comics.

Peter Parker-I have seen people say that Garfield is too old for the role yet I never saw those same people saying the same thing about Mcguire back then.That comment is absurd and ludicrous because if Mcguire was young enough for the part so is Garfield. He doesnt look any older than Mcguire did at that time so no more of that nonsense talk.its absurd.
Why is this hard to understand? A reboot isnt meant to be a part of the old universe. With a new adaptation, it makes the most sense to go with new actors. As for Rosemary Harris, she is too old. She's about to be 85. Its a stretch to buy her in similar age range as Peter's parents. 10 years ago, it slightly possible but really not so much now. Will she be around to do a trilogy of films. These are considerations as a director, one would take into account. Its valid.

As for Garfield vs Mcguire, Garfield's Peter stayed in HS for the entirety of the film. McGuire's only started there but he was at least in college by the time the film ended. Are there many complaints about Garfield being too old now. Surely there were when he was cast but seeing him in action, its really not an issue. He's very believable as a teen

Why is this hard to understand? A reboot isnt meant to be a part of the old universe. With a new adaptation, it makes the most sense to go with new actors. As for Rosemary Harris, she is too old. She's about to be 85. Its a stretch to buy her in similar age range as Peter's parents. 10 years ago, it slightly possible but really not so much now. Will she be around to do a trilogy of films. These are considerations as a director, one would take into account. Its valid.

As for Garfield vs Mcguire, Garfield's Peter stayed in HS for the entirety of the film. McGuire's only started there but he was at least in college by the time the film ended. Are there many complaints about Garfield being too old now. Surely there were when he was cast but seeing him in action, its really not an issue. He's very believable as a teen

you like the new casting choices,fine.I dont and never will. I have no problem with Field in the role,I just hate it that she is obviously doing the Roger Moore/Ronald Reagan thing.Doesnt want to face getting old so she dyes her hair.

Sheen like in all his films,was committed to not only playing the character right but looking the part as well.Field wasnt and so what if I prefer the actor from sm 3 who played Captain Stacy over Dennis Leary.You dont care thats fine.I will never like these two casting choices that were made and will always prefer the other two.

you like the new casting choices,fine.I dont and never will. I have no problem with Field in the role,I just hate it that she is obviously doing the Roger Moore/Ronald Reagan thing.Doesnt want to face getting old so she dyes her hair.

Sheen like in all his films,was committed to not only playing the character right but looking the part as well.Field wasnt and so what if I prefer the actor from sm 3 who played Captain Stacy over Dennis Leary.You dont care thats fine.I will never like these two casting choices that were made and will always prefer the other two.
I never said anything regarding my opinion on Fields or Leary in my post. I merely commented on the fact that its not hard to understand why a rebooted franchise would use new actors and not recycle from the last trilogy. They could have gone with someone older than those 2. Its still a new actor and what they should do with a reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"