PS3 2008 lineup

Looks like a pretty goddamn solid lineup to me.

icon_ppp.gif
icon_ppp.gif
icon_ppp.gif
You haven't had an erection then...
icon_ppp.gif
icon_ppp.gif
icon_ppp.gif

Well my titles to look out for on that list are

Burnout Paradise
Devil May Cry 4
MGS 4
FF XIII and vs XIII (although most likely not coming out till 2009)
Little Big Planet
Infamous
Tekken 6
Yakuza 3
Heavy Rain
Street Fighter 4
Prototype
Grand Theft Auto 4
Soul Calibur 4
Home
Wipeout HD
Bionic Commando
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Resident Evil 5

Thats quite a lot to look forward to and its shaping up to be a good year

I can't wait for RE5.

Two questions though. I know that someone mentioned "Lost" not being in that list, so does that mean they're not making that game for the PS3 because I know I saw in a gaming mag this month somewhere that Lost is being released on the 360. And no, I'm not really excited about this game to begin with, but if it gets a price drop I might pick it up because my fiance loves the show and maybe I could try to get her to play it or at least get her to watch me play it :)

And also, what's wrong with killzone 2? I honestly have never played any of the killzone games, but I hear the name constantly. So I thought the killzone titles were ok. Do they really suck that much or are they good games?

And there are still pelntly of games on the list that make me happy that I bought a PS3. And I don't need that many to choose from since I'm going to be married soon and will have to be tight with cash anyway for the next few years.

Killzone, the original, had the unfortunate circumstance of being a high profile FPS being published by Sony for the PS2. AT the time Halo was all the rage, and the media emmediately said that Killzne was going to be Sony's "Halo killer'. Now the game, on merits other than simply being some supposed Halo killer, was getting a fair bit of positive first impression attention. THe Visual design to this day is still probably some of the best ever for that generation, so you ca imagine how a real buzz was created with screenshots ad previews. Now the only problem was that Guerilla Games was a brand new studio, and were very ambitious with Killzone, in terms of pushing PS2 hardware. In the end Killzone simply pushed the PS2 too hard, and the game was plagued with technical issues like framerate, but also suffered a little bit from the team simply being new, and there being some issues with level design etc. So Killzone, despite selling well, sort of became the lauging stock of the fanboy world. Being that it was billed as aHalo killer, and failled to live up to that, and in actual fact was far from a perfect title (despite having stellar visuals and atmosphere, for the mot part).

Anyway, Guerilla Games went on to make Killzone Liberation for the PSP, which turned out to be great title. It was made as a top down TPS set in the Killzone world. Guerilla was bought up by Sony, and development on Killzone 2 started.

Now Killzone, you have to understand, was percieved by a lot of its fans, as a near miss, and a lot of people were excited to see them really let loose ona console that wasn't as restrained as the PS2.

Though Sony is Guerillas greatest ally, and foe, in a way. Becase shortly after the PS3 was announced, they had Guerilla Games produce a CGI target render of what they hoped to achieve with Killzone 2. Granted that target render was anight and day difference between it and anything else we had seen to date.

So anyway, Killzone 2 is finally revealed, it doesn't look as good as the target render, but it looks pretty incredible on its own merits. It's probably the most advanced console game to date and it's doing some really absurdly impressive thing, technically speaking. There are absurdly talented people working in Guerilla games. But the concern people still have, if will they nail the gameplay, somethin they came so close, but so far, from doing in the original.

Killzone is really paul verhoven esque, it's a sci fi future setting, but it's very gritty, with the primarilly weapons of choice still being conventional slug based weapons, etc. Take a look for yourself, see what you think.

Tekken 6
Naruto PS3 Project
Street Fighter IV
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

:o:up:

I can't wait for RE5.

Two questions though. I know that someone mentioned "Lost" not being in that list, so does that mean they're not making that game for the PS3 because I know I saw in a gaming mag this month somewhere that Lost is being released on the 360. And no, I'm not really excited about this game to begin with, but if it gets a price drop I might pick it up because my fiance loves the show and maybe I could try to get her to play it or at least get her to watch me play it :)
That list is by no means complete. Theres a disclaimer about that at the beginning of that thread. Lost is coming to teh PS3

Killzone, the original, had the unfortunate circumstance of being a high profile FPS being published by Sony for the PS2. AT the time Halo was all the rage, and the media emmediately said that Killzne was going to be Sony's "Halo killer'. Now the game, on merits other than simply being some supposed Halo killer, was getting a fair bit of positive first impression attention. THe Visual design to this day is still probably some of the best ever for that generation, so you ca imagine how a real buzz was created with screenshots ad previews. Now the only problem was that Guerilla Games was a brand new studio, and were very ambitious with Killzone, in terms of pushing PS2 hardware. In the end Killzone simply pushed the PS2 too hard, and the game was plagued with technical issues like framerate, but also suffered a little bit from the team simply being new, and there being some issues with level design etc. So Killzone, despite selling well, sort of became the lauging stock of the fanboy world. Being that it was billed as aHalo killer, and failled to live up to that, and in actual fact was far from a perfect title (despite having stellar visuals and atmosphere, for the mot part).

Anyway, Guerilla Games went on to make Killzone Liberation for the PSP, which turned out to be great title. It was made as a top down TPS set in the Killzone world. Guerilla was bought up by Sony, and development on Killzone 2 started.

Now Killzone, you have to understand, was percieved by a lot of its fans, as a near miss, and a lot of people were excited to see them really let loose ona console that wasn't as restrained as the PS2.

Though Sony is Guerillas greatest ally, and foe, in a way. Becase shortly after the PS3 was announced, they had Guerilla Games produce a CGI target render of what they hoped to achieve with Killzone 2. Granted that target render was anight and day difference between it and anything else we had seen to date.

So anyway, Killzone 2 is finally revealed, it doesn't look as good as the target render, but it looks pretty incredible on its own merits. It's probably the most advanced console game to date and it's doing some really absurdly impressive thing, technically speaking. There are absurdly talented people working in Guerilla games. But the concern people still have, if will they nail the gameplay, somethin they came so close, but so far, from doing in the original.

Killzone is really paul verhoven esque, it's a sci fi future setting, but it's very gritty, with the primarilly weapons of choice still being conventional slug based weapons, etc. Take a look for yourself, see what you think.

Thanks for the info. I'll wait and see what the reviews etc. are for killzone 2. I'll pick it up if it seems to be getting a lot of praise. That or when it gets cheaper. I used to dislike FPS but with Resistance and CoD I'm starting to get into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"