PS3 Endless Crisis : FF7 game rumor

Is this to be the FF7 remake that was rumored about in the past? Sorry, I can't read French.

I really doubt that there will be a Playstation 3 remake of Final Fantasy VII. If there is a remake, I think it'll be on the Playstation Portable.

All the other remakes and ports (I, II, and Tactics on the PSP, III and IV on the DS) ended up on handhelds.

But if I recall a PS3 graphics demo was shown rendering some scenes from FF7 that got people talking about a possible remake. Considering how popular 7 is amongst all the FFs I think its a possibility. Still, a proper sequel to FF7 (unlike Dirge of Cerebus) would be nice if they went back to classic RPGing

Theres not going to be a PS3 FF7 remake when they cant even get their ish together for XIII and VS XIII, whenever those get released

Its Square Enix man. When they show a trailer that means the game is 3 years off. Or more depending on who's signing the checks. Considering the popularity of the DS over in Japan, I'd say their focus is more on the handheld market.

Actually, I've always wondered what was the charm of FF7 that's garnered it such a strong fanbase as compared to all the other FFs. I played it, thought it was good (for its time I thought it was the ULTIMATE) game but now tih FFs 8 10 and 12 (though 12 IS pretty forgettable) I don't se why this game gets damn near ALL the love.

Actually, I've always wondered what was the charm of FF7 that's garnered it such a strong fanbase as compared to all the other FFs. I played it, thought it was good (for its time I thought it was the ULTIMATE) game but now tih FFs 8 10 and 12 (though 12 IS pretty forgettable) I don't se why this game gets damn near ALL the love.
It was the first 3D FF. Alot of people who never touched the series played it once it hit the PS1 bc of the new 3D graphics, FMV and futuristic setting. It was more assescible than previous FF games. For many it was their first FF game and for that reason its their favorite and none other can compare to it. FFX was my first FF game and that remains my favorite. I think part of that comes from people judging the other games based on the standard of the first one they played since they are all so different.

I've come to the conclusion that square enix are a bunch of cock suckers. where was this type of support when the gamecube was eating dirt?! chronicles is garbage.

I've come to the conclusion that square enix are a bunch of cock suckers. where was this type of support when the gamecube was eating dirt?! chronicles is garbage.

To be fair, the main Final Fantasy games will most likely remain on the Playstation console only. Plus this was the time when Square and Nintendo were starting to repair their relationship, now it's fully blooming.

Yeah I did recall that the previous President of Nintendo was not fond of Square Enix's types of RPGs

They need to port them to the 360 too. I like my 360 more than my PS3.

LOL I love the justification.

"6:21: Woah. THIS JUST IN: So apparently we just heard from Jeremy that they're probably going to announce the FF7 remake here. He says "Final Fantasy 7" (no details) is listed at the Square-Enix theater."

I don't think it's FFVII: Advent Children Complete, since I think that's out in Japan. Same with FFVII: Crisis Core. It's possible that it's a new spin off, so I guess we'll see.

Hopefully the stuff that's shown in the Square-Enix theater doesn't take long to get out to the public.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=...UserId=4561231

They need to port them to the 360 too. I like my 360 more than my PS3.

That isn't going to happen at all. Even though Square-Enix has taken a more multiplatform route by developing games for Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo, they still primarily make exclusive games.

Take a look:

Playstation 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
un-named title
Star Ocean 4

Playstation Portable
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Final Fantasy Dissida
Star Ocean: First Departure
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Valkryie Profile: Lenneth

Wii
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and The Tower of Mirrors
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers

Nintendo DS
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A-2: The Sealed Grimoire
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Front Mission
Children of Mana
Heroes of Mana
Mario Hoops 3-on-3

Xbox 360
Project Slypheed
Infinite Undiscovery

Multiplatform
Final Fantasy XI
Last Remnant

As you can see out of all these damn games of this generation, only two of them appear on multiple platforms. Almost all of their games are exclusives, chances of the main Final Fantasy series at this time getting ported to the Xbox 360 are very, very slim.

No clue, it's possible the rumor was false, but TGS runs for a few days, so an announcement could be coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"