psychosis

Abaddon said:
Its still his choice,so fury shouldn't be held responsible.:)

If the thought of trying something fury suggested never entered Super Flight's head, and he does so by obtaining a certain drug that fury told him to try through means other than his doctor because he can't any other way, and it makes his condition worse or even kills him, is fury really completely void of responsibility? I bet a good lawyer could show that he was at least partially responsible. All I'm saying is, if you aren't a doctor, don't go telling people to try certain medications. You never know what they'll do with that information.

jag

jaguarr said:
If the thought of trying something fury suggested never entered Super Flight's head, and he does so by obtaining a certain drug that fury told him to try through means other than his doctor because he can't any other way, and it makes his condition worse or even kills him, is fury really completely void of responsibility? I bet a good lawyer could show that he was at least partially responsible. All I'm saying is, if you aren't a doctor, don't go telling people to try certain medications. You never know what they'll do with that information.

jag

I agree.But once Super Flight decides to go out of his way to obtain the drugs illegal,then he is completely responsible for his own actions.

Abaddon said:
I agree.But once Super Flight decides to go out of his way to obtain the drugs illegal,then he is completely responsible for his own actions.

Ahhh, but is he? Since he's already suspected of psychosis and has a history of psychological issues could he really be considered completely responsible for his own actions if someone gave him ideas to act upon from a legal standpoint?

jag

Ok, so you wouldn't tell a family member about a heart medicine if you thought it could help them?

blind_fury said:
Ok, so you wouldn't tell a family member about a heart medicine if you thought it could help them?

I might mention to them that I'd read about it and tell them to talk to their doc about it. I wouldn't "recommend" something like that to them because I don't have any schooling or training when it comes to something like that.

jag

my thoughts and perception are severely impaired, that is the number one thing i want to get fixed, i want to see the world in its best. Its like me wanting to get ride of my small,fuzzy, with horrible picture, tv... and get a new beautiful 62 inch Plasma High depth TV, with surround sound, and a comforatable chair.

jaguarr said:
Ahhh, but is he? Since he's already suspected of psychosis and has a history of psychological issues could he really be considered completely responsible for his own actions if someone gave him ideas to act upon from a legal standpoint?

jag

Well then the story changes.:o

Super Flight said:
my thoughts and perception are severely impaired, that is the number one thing i want to get fixed, i want to see the world in its best. Its like me wanting to get ride of my small,fuzzy, with horrible picture, tv... and get a new beautiful 62 inch Plasma High depth TV, with surround sound, and a comforatable chair.

:up: I wish you the best of luck in doing just that, man.

jag

jaguarr said:
I might mention to them that I'd read about it and tell them to talk to their doc about it. I wouldn't "recommend" something like that to them because I don't have any schooling or training when it comes to something like that.

jag
Well when I "recommended" Paxil I didn't want him to buy off some homeless guy. No more than you would expect your cousin to buy his heart medicine from a back alley. He established he was getting professional help. Once that was established I told him to get a second opinion and to try Paxil. I didn't tell him to rob a pharmacy.

Admit it Jag. YOU overreacted.

Abaddon said:

i woulodnt do that, how did this come about? hehe, I don't even do drugs or drink, i'm not a drugie-punk or anything of that nature.

blind_fury said:
Well when I "recommended" Paxil I didn't want him to buy off some homeless guy. No more than you would expect your cousin to buy his heart medicine from a back alley. He established he was getting professional help. Once that was established I told him to get a second opinion and to try Paxil. I didn't tell him to rob a pharmacy.

Bull*****. You gave medical advice when you aren't qualified to. Period.

jag

Super Flight said:
You're on the right path. You recognize there is a problem and are seeking help. It's only a matter of time until you reach your goals. :up:

Super Flight said:
i woulodnt do that, how did this come about? hehe, I don't even do drugs or drink, i'm not a drugie-punk or anything of that nature.

We're speaking hypothetically.

blind_fury said:

its ok, i know what you ment, if some one does tell me something that could really help and i read about it and what symtoms it helps, thats something i have to talk over with my psyciatrist, all medications are made and approved of, its not like someone grew it in their basement and sold it to doctors.

theres so many medications out there though that you hope they give you one that will be exactly what you need. so if someone asks me to take something whose not a doctor, that to me is kinda like a "hope you get better" its the thought that counts

i wanted to hear about other peoples view points on these types of serious topics, and what people think about it besides myself, and see if there would be any new things i can learn

Super Flight said:
theres so many medications out there though that you hope they give you one that will be exactly what you need. so if someone asks me to take something whose not a doctor, that to me is kinda like a "hope you get better" its the thought that counts

I'm glad you have that perspective. There are people out on message boards who will run out and do whatever some folks will suggest to them, which really is insane. It's great that you're taking an active involvement in getting yourself on track and learning as much as you can so that you can have some informed discussions with your doc. I still agree with the others that a second opinion might be in order, too.

jag

Super Flight said:
its ok, i know what you ment, if some one does tell me something that could really help and i read about it and what symtoms it helps, thats something i have to talk over with my psyciatrist, all medications are made and approved of, its not like someone grew it in their basement and sold it to doctors.

cool. :up:

Yeah the best thing to do is research your diagnosis and the possible treatments so you can take an active role in your treatment.

Abaddon said:
We're speaking hypothetically.

oh ok. just in case,

by the way does any of you know anything about scientology? what does it really try and help you with? and how does it try and help people that have mental illnesses. Becasue tom cruise says drugs arent the answer, i'm not sure if hes right on that. i watched that interview of him talking about it all being a su-do scienice, what ever that means

Super Flight said:
oh ok. just in case,

by the way does any of you know about scientology, what does it really try and help you with? and how does it try and help people that have mental illnesses. Becasue tom cruise says drugs arent the answer, i'm not sure if thats true.

Tom Cruise is an A-Hole who REALLY doesn't know what the bad place he's talking about when it comes to psychatric matters. Scientology is a cult more than anything else.

jag

Super Flight said:
oh ok. just in case,

by the way does any of you know anything about scientology? what does it really try and help you with? and how does it try and help people that have mental illnesses. Becasue tom cruise says drugs arent the answer, i'm not sure if thats true.

Scientology is based on some early concepts in psychology and philosophy.Most likely theyd just get you some therapy,and drain your bank account.

Super Flight said:
oh ok. just in case,

by the way does any of you know anything about scientology? what does it really try and help you with? and how does it try and help people that have mental illnesses. Becasue tom cruise says drugs arent the answer, i'm not sure if thats true.

Drugs are just about the same answer religon is, so who cares. The major goal of scientology?

Hmmm most of the people in it work in hollywood, including many millionaires.

In order to be in it, you must give them 1/3 of your entire paycheck. Hmmm. I'll leave you to your own devices... the story here isn't too much different than modern Catholocism.

Super Flight said:
oh ok. just in case,

Let me just say this. You are truly fortunate to have access to the psychotropic medicines available these days. 50 years ago there was little they could do to help you. You should watch Jack Nicholson's "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"(1975). It gives insight to what it was like before prescription drugs were specialized.

F--K Tom Cruise! He's a tool.

Haha,in the old days theyd just electroshock the crazy out of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"